My Progress ... *Pic Heavy*

nikki2229

Beautiful, thick hair.
I love your documentation.
I cut my hair at my 1 year transition mark and didn't take pictures before or after the cut.
I wish I had.

taz007

My Regime:

Every week 17 minute miracle routine:

1. Joico Chelating Shampoo
2. Joico Cuticle Sealer
3. Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
4. Joico Intense Hydrator
5. Joico Split End Mender (only on the very tips of my hair)
6. Mizani H20 Nighttime

I just started adding ceramides (Biolage Cera-Repair Hydratherapie) to Step# 3 and Step#4. This has taken my hair to a whole new level!!

Relaxer routine every 6-8 weeks:

I apply vaseline, neutralizing shampoo and the cuticle sealer to my previously relaxed hair before beginning the relaxing process. (I believe that this step is KEY to thick, relaxed hair if you do not stretch)

1. Relax hair in two sections with Phyto II.
2. Rinse relaxer
3. Apply Joico Reconstructor (will mix w/Cera-Repair with my next relaxer)
4. Rinse
5. Neutralizing Shampoo
6. ACV
7. Neutralizing Shampoo
8. ACV
9. Neutralizing Shampoo (Leave in until I finish relaxing the other section of my hair)
10. Repeat 2-9 for second half of my head
11. Chelating Shampoo for entire head
12. Joico Cuticle Sealer
13. Joico K-Pak reconstructor
14. Joico Intense Hydrator (leave in overnight)
15. Rinse in the morning.

Every other night I apply Joico Daily Moisturizer or Mizani H20 nighttime on my ends. I sleep in a satin cap every night.

I wear my hair in either a braid-out or bun. I rollerset or blowdry/flat iron every 1-2 months. I will baggy the ends with Joico Daily Moisturizer and seal with Porange's Shea Butter mix if the ends are dry.

I trim maybe twice a year at Fantastic Sams as they do EXACTLY what I tell them to do and never cut too much.:look:

I used to HATE when posters would write this, but: I got the best growth when I ignored my hair from August - December. From January - July, I tried EVERYTHING including Meg-Tek, castor oil, Moe-grow, MN (gasp!), megavitamins, etc, etc. Then I gave up EVERYTHING (including vitamins) and just left my hair alone. Go figure ...

Last edited:

sharifeh

My Regime:

Every week 17 minute miracle routine:

1. Joico Chelating Shampoo
2. Joico Cuticle Sealer
3. Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
4. Joico Intense Hydrator
5. Joico Split End Mender (only on the very tips of my hair)
6. Mizani H20 Nighttime

I just started adding ceramides (Biolage Cera-Repair Hydratherapie) to Step# 3 and Step#4. This has taken my hair to a whole new level!!

Relaxer routine every 6-8 weeks:

I apply vaseline, neutralizing shampoo and the cuticle sealer to my previously relaxed hair before beginning the relaxing process. (I believe that this step is KEY to thick, relaxed hair if you do not stretch)

1. Relax hair in two sections with Phyto II.
2. Rinse relaxer
3. Apply Joico Reconstructor (will mix w/Cera-Repair with my next relaxer)
4. Rinse
5. Neutralizing Shampoo
6. ACV
7. Neutralizing Shampoo
8. ACV
9. Neutralizing Shampoo (Leave in until I finish relaxing the other section of my hair)
10. Repeat 2-9 for second half of my head
11. Chelating Shampoo for entire head
12. Joico Cuticle Sealer
13. Joico K-Pak reconstructor
14. Joico Intense Hydrator (leave in overnight)
15. Rinse in the morning.

Every other night I apply Joico Daily Moisturizer or Mizani H20 nighttime on my ends. I sleep in a satin cap every night.

I wear my hair in either a braid-out or bun. I rollerset or blowdry/flat iron every 1-2 months. I will baggy the ends with Joico Daily Moisturizer and seal with Porange's Shea Butter mix if the ends are dry.

I trim maybe twice a year at Fantastic Sams as they do EXACTLY what I tell them to do and never cut too much.:look:

I used to HATE when posters would write this, but: I got the best growth when I ignored my hair from August - December. From January - July, I tried EVERYTHING including Meg-Tek, castor oil, Moe-grow, MN (gasp!), megavitamins, etc, etc. Then I gave up EVERYTHING (including vitamins) and just left my hair alone. Go figure ...

what do you mean by adding ceramides taz? do you buy pure ceramides? where how?

taz007

what do you mean by adding ceramides taz? do you buy pure ceramides? where how?
I did go online to find some pure ceramides with no luck. What I have been using is the Biolage Cera-Repair. I mix half of the little bottle (10 ml) in my reconstructor and the other half in the Intensive Repair.