My Consultation with Mr John...

Ennyaa

Girl she betta be careful doin some mess like that. The "Hot Comb Mafia" might hunt her down! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edited:
OMG!!! That secion of hair in the picture is bigger than my WHOLE HEAD! (I'm over here WEAK from tryin not to laugh too loud!)

VALLEYGIRL

when he says natural hair he means natural hair in it's natural kinky, curly state...upressed hair. Only natural hair that is pressed can grow....acording to the Gospel of Mr John

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The "Hot Comb Mafia" might hunt her down! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!! You guys have me cracking up over here!!!!
I am waiting for my phone to ring and have Mr John curse me out for talking all this mess about our consultation and his book!!!!

Thanks for posting that SassyGirl..now everyone can see what I'm talking about.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
So then according to him who CAN grow long hair? OOOOOH, I KNOW, only people who follow HIS method, of course!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Like Andre Walker, he says wearing the hair in an afro or wash and go style will hinder growth because black hair will break when it's combed. He later adds that this effect can be lessened by applying and oil-based lotion on the hair before styling.

VALLEYGIRL

He later adds that this effect can be lessened by applying and oil-based lotion on the hair before styling

[/ QUOTE ]

Duhhhh!!
Would anyone try to comb through their natural hair or new growth just like that....without applying any type of product or oil to give it some slip?
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that but it seems like common sense to me when you are dealing with your new growth/natural hair.

black hair will break when it's combed

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair would break the comb instead!!!

Ennyaa

Shoooot as I child I broke quite a few combs and even some brushes. I'd be mad as hell and tryna keep using the brush holdin onto the back cuz it didn't have no handle. LOL

If that ain't strong hair, I don't know what is!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
LOL at Hot Comb Mafia!

Duhhhh!!
Would anyone try to comb through their natural hair or new growth just like that....without applying any type of product or oil to give it some slip?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right. I haven't dealt with my hair in it's natural state since 1982, but I knew to wet it before I even thought about combing it!

My hair would break the comb instead!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I've been there! The "bag o' combs" from the Dollar Genral were killing me. I make sure to buy combs that have a little bend to them to avoid further embarassment. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

AmilLion

I think the Longhaircare forum should put out a book because these so-called professionals are ....!&amp;*((&amp;!@, I don't even know what to say.

Basically what Mr. John's trying to say is, Water is the enemy, heat's our friend? WTF.

Mahalialee4

Ladies, I am gasping for air, holding my stomach and laughing my HEAD off....ha ha ha ha...THUMP!!! (did you hear it hit the floor???)... LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL SOMETIMES... It was all meant in good clean fun...please not the Hot Comb Mafia....!!! It's nice we can get a chuckle on sometimes.Glad that some things are still free!!Beats an aspirin anyday. (Bonjour.)

SVT

posted by Ennyaa:
Shoooot as I child I broke quite a few combs and even some brushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one that had broken a brush! LOL!

Monicurl

In response to

Poster: VALLEYGIRL
Subject: Re: My Consultation with Mr John...

when he says natural hair he means natural hair in it's natural kinky, curly state...upressed hair. Only natural hair that is pressed can grow....acording to the Gospel of Mr John

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL--should I send him a photo and a copy of my routine?

pebbles

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhat?????? Is he kidding???? WTH!!! How can he make such a comment??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ennyaa

Ya know you probably should... But I bet all he'd tell you is that unless you switched to his method your hair would stop growing. *smh*

And THEN he'd send the 'HCM' after you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh Lawd I don't have a lick of sense! lol

kymelle

sassygirl125 , I don't know about that. About 16 years ago, he was out of $75,000 in a goldmine (literally) scam. He supposedly tried to hire a hitman, that turned out to be an undercover. If anyone ever calls him for a consult., ask him about that, and "see" his reaction. Was big news here in Detroit.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
He supposedly tried to hire a hitman...

[/ QUOTE ]

DAY-UM!! I guess he is like Suge Knight..
A hitman??? That's wild!

VALLEYGIRL

About 16 years ago, he was out of $75,000 in a goldmine (literally) scam. He supposedly tried to hire a hitman, that turned out to be an undercover.

[/ QUOTE ]

aRE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT mR jOHN?????

What on earth is going on!!!!!!

pebbles

About 16 years ago, he was out of $75,000 in a goldmine (literally) scam. He supposedly tried to hire a hitman, that turned out to be an undercover.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh My Goodness! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Mr. John??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ennyaa

See and y'all thought I was playin bout dat Hot Comb Mafia warning! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kitkat

Okay, you guys are KILLING ME HERE!!! My man tried to HIRE A HITMAN????

What does he do - hair by day, setting up hits by night?!! This is TOO funny!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peacesteem

I agree with Daviine,

And how could a oil be to heavy for your hair but not your scalp! I thought that oiling the scalp was bad but if needed a very light on is suppossed to be used. Hair care is not a science because no one can agree on one method. Just stick to what works for your hair.

honeycomb719

I tried Mr. John's and I must say, he had me feeling like he had the answer to all my prayers. My consultation went fine, he described everything that they were going to do for me. After going to he for about 4 months I didn't notice any changes in my hair(growth wise) the only thing that I liked is the girl that pressed my hair see could lay some hair, everybody thought I had relaxed my hair. But me and the girl that was pressing my hair got cool and he started giving her grief because I didn't want anyone else to press my hair in there. And she started telling me how he would get on her because she still wore a relaxer, and pressured her to let his stylist do her her. I was looking at some of the ladies that worked there and was wondering why they hair wasn't down they back. Only two girls in there had (what would be considered long hair shoulder length) and that is the receptionist and one of the washer, her hair is down her back) but I was told that she didn't get her hair done there she is just for show. But to make a long story a bit shorter Mr. John's is full of crap. He liked to blame you if your hair wasn't growing as he told you it would in in consult, or he didn't tell you the ingredients he used in his products. I happy I got to know one of the stylist there. I gave Mr.John's a try for 6mths and things didn't work out for me. I began to see that he was just another money hungry brother selling dreams to desperate women like myself, but I'm hip to his game.

So take what he says w/ a pinch(not grain) of salt /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Relaxed 4a thin Hair
Current Length: Different lengths 3-7inches w/ the front and side being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair

Jubilee

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!

stacia

Just in case any of you were not aware, Mr. John die some years ago. I know this because I grew up as a child right across the street from his twin brother. As for his technique I believe it works! I went there after my hair fell out from using "RIO", my hair immediately stop breaking and got healthy. I counldn't continue because the cost was outrageous back them. So I'm sure when the scandal took place but it might have been his other brother because he took over for him (not his twin brother).

MoezThunder

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i'm sorry, but umm... who is mr. john? girl, i don't know of too many people (on or off the hair boards) that have hair as healthy and good looking as yours. i woulda hung up on mr. john... for real doh!!! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/mad.gif" alt="" /&gt;

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]
Im feelin you girl! I had to pick up my eyeballs after reading that nonsense
DONT BE FOOLED BY THE HYPE!
Mr. Who da

Dare~to~Dream

Kitkat said:
What does he do - hair by day, setting up hits by night?!! This is TOO funny!!

Ha! That IS too funny! :lol: I have to admit that Mr. John has some interesting theories on Black hair growth {whoever heard of mildew in the hair?}. I would be interested in reading his book but I'm not willing to pay over $200 for it! :eek:

*ElleB

Lanelle said:
Ha! That IS too funny! :lol: I have to admit that Mr. John has some interesting theories on Black hair growth {whoever heard of mildew in the hair?}. I would be interested in reading his book but I'm not willing to pay over $200 for it! :eek:

What the....200$ for a book!!!! Saying a bunch of stuff that we know is a load of $#!*

Gimme a break! We know that moisture is vital...

Dare~to~Dream

*ElleB said:
What the....200$ for a book!!!! Saying a bunch of stuff that we know is a load of $#!*

Gimme a break! We know that moisture is vital...

Yeah, that moisture rant was a little over the edge...in the other thread he makes another interesting theory though....I just need pressing tips! When I take my braids out I think I will go back to pressing my hair for a little while.

HairPhoenix

Whoa!! :eek: Who bumped this up? I didn't read this whole thread. But I didn't have to in order to find out this guy was a LOON!! Giving bad hair advice and selling a book for $200. DANG!! :lol: :lachen:

And of course that one poster noticed a difference in her hair after the RIO. RIO damaged people's hair and caused breakage. Your hair will keep growing, but you would have to cut that RIO damaged hair off to notice a difference. :lol:

If your methods are working for you, keep doing what you are doing.

Dare~to~Dream

HairPhoenix said:
Whoa!! :eek: Who bumped this up? I didn't read this whole thread. But I didn't have to in order to find out this guy was a LOON!! Giving bad hair advice and selling a book for $200. DANG!! :lol: :lachen:

I bumped the thread up...there was a funny comment in the thread when I found it and I responded to it...I was doing a search on pressing and came across this thread. There is only one book available on Amazon.com for $194 WITHOUT shipping :eek:. I'm interested in his pressing tips only..his theories are interesting but over the top.

Last edited: