My Heart is in TEXAS - Hurrican IKE - Please Pray for Everyone There

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My heart is so heavy right now for the state of Texas. The news reported 'Certain Death' for those who do not evacuaate. Although 'Dallas' has not been mentioned, there are people there that I love dearly.

My heart is breaking for all of Texas. One of my co-workers just shared with me that many in Houston cannot be evacuated because Galveston has to be cleared first. She has family in Houston who cannot leave.

In Jesus's name, Father I come to your throne of grace, seeking mercy in this time of GREAT need and grave dangers which have been forcasted. Please help those in the midst of this storm, Hurrican Ike and any subsequent others which may follow.

Father in your word, you promised that we could go through the fire and not be burned; go through floods and not be overtaken. Dear Father, I ask for you to bring this safety forth for the loved ones in our hearts. Those on this forum who live in Texas and those who have loved ones there. Father be with them all, under your tender loving care.

In Jesus's name, I thank you and praise you with all of my heart. Amen and Amen.....beyond words. :heart2:

Texas..........you are loved and in my heart and prayers. Be at peace.

Last edited:
My heart is so heavy right now for the state of Texas. The news reported 'Certain Death' for those who do not evacuaate. Although 'Dalla' has not been mentioned, there are people there that I love dearly.

My heart is breaking for all of Texas. One of my co-workers just shared with me that many in Houston cannot be evacuated because Galveston has to be cleared first. She has family in Houston who cannot leave.

In Jesus's name, Father I come to your throne of grace, seeking mercy in this time of GREAT need and grave dangers which have been forcasted. Please help those in the midst of this storm, Hurrican Ike and any subsequent others which may follow.

Father in your word, you promised that we could go through the fire and not be burned; go through floods and not be overtaken. Dear Father, I ask for you to bring this safety forth for the loved ones in our hearts. Those on this forum who live in Texas and those who have loved ones there. Father be with them all, under your tender loving care.

In Jesus's name, I thank you and praise you with all of my heart. Amen and Amen.....beyond words. :heart2:

Texas..........you are loved and in my heart and prayers. Be at peace.

I am in agreement with this prayer, sis....every word!

In Jesus precious and Holy Name...Amen!

I posted this prayer in the Off Topic Forum:

I praying for all of you who live in Texas and / or who have loved ones there. :heart2: My heart has been breaking over the news of this storm. I have 'loved ones' in Dallas.

Father, in Jesus's name, please cover and protect each life in this forum and their loved ones. Carry those to safety, without harm or alarm. Be with those unable leave. Keep them all out of the path of this storm and any others that may try to follow in the aftermath.

Surround and protect them with your angels of mercy; allow their needs to be met. Let your wisdom prevail and not fearful human speculations; move through each of them in swift decisions, to do what must be done.

Let them have rest; peace and a bond with everyone near and around them. Let no one be left unattended. Let whatever material losses be at a minimum. Let them have homes to shelter them. Clothing, to warm them; Food and medications, safe drinking water. Most of all life to be cherished for years and years to come. Let not one person within the bounds of this forum or their loved ones perish. Not one.

In Jesus's Name I honor you , Father God. I ask this of you beyond words but with a pure heart. These are people we love and care about, and don't want to lose. And I thank you for loving them more.

Father God, to you be all honor and all power and glory... Amen.

For those who cannot leave, regarding their lives, loved ones, homes and safety, this I pray from your word:

Luke 8:24 -- And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the WIND and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

I pray for the angels of God to protect you...

Revelation 7:1 -- And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the WIND should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

God's proctection.... :giveheart:
Amen and Amen.

Standing in steadfast agreement dearest sister...
and also keeping you and your loved ones in prayer,

Psalms 91

Abiding in the Shadow of the Almighty
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD,
He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Last edited:
Standing in steadfast agreement dearest sister...
and also keeping you and your loved ones in prayer,

Psalms 91

Abiding in the Shadow of the Almighty
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD,
He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thank you so much beautiful Kayte... :kiss:

You know that the Lord has walls of protection around your family. All is well, my sister!

I posted this prayer in the Off Topic Forum:

I praying for all of you who live in Texas and / or who have loved ones there. :heart2: My heart has been breaking over the news of this storm. I have 'loved ones' in Dallas.

Father, in Jesus's name, please cover and protect each life in this forum and their loved ones. Carry those to safety, without harm or alarm. Be with those unable leave. Keep them all out of the path of this storm and any others that may try to follow in the aftermath.

Surround and protect them with your angels of mercy; allow their needs to be met. Let your wisdom prevail and not fearful human speculations; move through each of them in swift decisions, to do what must be done.

Let them have rest; peace and a bond with everyone near and around them. Let no one be left unattended. Let whatever material losses be at a minimum. Let them have homes to shelter them. Clothing, to warm them; Food and medications, safe drinking water. Most of all life to be cherished for years and years to come. Let not one person within the bounds of this forum or their loved ones perish. Not one.

In Jesus's Name I honor you , Father God. I ask this of you beyond words but with a pure heart. These are people we love and care about, and don't want to lose. And I thank you for loving them more.

Father God, to you be all honor and all power and glory... Amen.

For those who cannot leave, regarding their lives, loved ones, homes and safety, this I pray from your word:

Luke 8:24 -- And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the WIND and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

I pray for the angels of God to protect you...

Revelation 7:1 -- And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the WIND should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

God's proctection.... :giveheart:
Amen and Amen.

You know that the Lord has walls of protection around your family. All is well, my sister!
Amen, Precious Wavy... :amen: I've been posting prayers in OT as well. So many of our LHCF forum 'sisters' live in Texas. I ddin't realize it.

Here are more promises from God's word.... :love2:

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her ; she shall not be moved:
God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Angels, thoughout this storm, he Lord of Hosts, the Lord God all mighty is with you and He will help you and that right early.....which means, 'ahead of time.' :yep:

With all my heart.... :giveheart:

Amen Amen
I whole heartedly agree

thanks you ladies
I have friends and family who couldn't afford to leave or was too stubborn to go

Awwwww....you are wonderful! That sent chill through me reading your prayer. We are here in Houston and the winds are really picking up. You can hear the windows being banged against. All the stores closed at three and things are looking really scary. Thank you again for your wonderful prayer and may God bless you and keep you!:hug2:

Amen Amen
I whole heartedly agree

thanks you ladies
I have friends and family who couldn't afford to leave or was too stubborn to go

My heart and prayers are still with you and your loved ones. God bless you, precious Kei. :giveheart:

Awwwww....you are wonderful! That sent chill through me reading your prayer. We are here in Houston and the winds are really picking up. You can hear the windows being banged against. All the stores closed at three and things are looking really scary. Thank you again for your wonderful prayer and may God bless you and keep you!:hug2:
I'm right here praying for you Devin; for you and your loved ones. The Spirit of the Lord is with you, keeping you, being a shelter for you and your family and friends from this storm.

God says from His Heart: Be Still Beloved and know that I am God; I will keep you and bless you and allow no harm to come near you. You are my beloved child and I am with you for always; never leaving you nor forsaking you, no not ever.

In Jesus's Name, Devin I plead the Blood of Jesus over you and all others in this storm. Be at peace, precious sister, be at peace. You are covered now and for always in God's loving care. In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen. :love2:

Thank you for those prayers. Alot of the members from Houston and surrounding area are without power, so they wont be logging on.
Please continue to keep them in your prayers. It is pretty rough right now.

Thank you for those prayers. Alot of the members from Houston and surrounding area are without power, so they wont be logging on.
Please continue to keep them in your prayers. It is pretty rough right now.

We're still praying; for you and with you. You are not alone....love abides and prevails for each of you. :heart2:

Thank you. I am not in Houston, but Houstonians and others are here. They are searching for fuel. Our grocery stores are bare, because theirs have no power. Cops at the gas stations trying to maintain order. There is a parade of evacuees on the road in front of my house.
But in the mist of all this God is good. There is a cool front, which is a blessing for all those without electricity. There is a full moon which lights the night. There is a tremendous show of love and assistance. Prayer works.

checking in
everybody's safe in my immediate and extended family
No noticeable damage to my home
thank you for all the prayers

Even in the midst of it all, know that God is a refuge in times of trouble, and under His wings shall you trust!

There are so many in intercession for all of you...please know that.:yep:

Back