My new weave install-come take a peek

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I did my second install with the Indique Curly Virgin Indian hair and I thought you ladies would like to see it.

I used 12 and 14 inch hair to create a natural layered look and I colored the hair with Paul Mitchell PM Shines 1b.

The hair is styled with Paul Mitchell Modern Elixirs styling serum on soaking wet hair and diffused with a hair dryer.

Link to pics below. Album is open.

http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/2007-2008-a-new-beg/protective-styles/

Last edited:

SelfStyled

Too, too cute. How do you take care of your hair when it is weaved. I swore I would not doo anny weaves anymore, why did I come into this thread:nono:. It came out sooo good!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Too, too cute. How do you take care of your hair when it is weaved. I swore I would not doo anny weaves anymore, why did I come into this thread:nono:. It came out sooo good!
Thanks! I usually co wash mine daily and use an applicator bottle to squeeze shampoo (diluted) and conditioner between the braids. I mostly let it air dry. No heat at all except in the style.

hopeful

Aww DSD you look so pretty. Very natural and becoming on you:yep:. Are you going to grow your hair out long again? Just curious and I miss following your length updates.

Platinum

That's pretty! You did a great job. It looks so natural. Hmm... I may have to request a load to your area for my next sew-in.:look:

kitten73

I did my second install with the Indique Curly Virgin Indian hair and I thought you ladies would like to see it.

I used 12 and 14 inch hair to create a natural layered look and I colored the hair with Paul Mitchell PM Shines 1b.

The hair is styled with Paul Mitchell Modern Elixirs styling serum on soaking wet hair and diffused with a hair dryer.

Link to pics below. Album is open.

http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/2007-2008-a-new-beg/protective-styles/

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order your hair from? Was it on line or in your area? I had some really nice indian hair that my stylists husband sells and he said he gets it from a distributor and I paid him $360 for 2 bundles which was enough for a full head. It was the best hair I have ever worn but it's cut in layers and I just took it out to give my hair a break . I want to wear my hair like yours for the summer but I need to buy hair again to wear that style. I think I paid too much and want to go directly to a distributer instead of having a middle man.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Aww DSD you look so pretty. Very natural and becoming on you:yep:. Are you going to grow your hair out long again? Just curious and I miss following your length updates.
Thanks!! Yes, I am growing my hair long again. The short cut was cute but...I miss my long hair!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order your hair from? Was it on line or in your area? I had some really nice indian hair that my stylists husband sells and he said he gets it from a distributor and I paid him $360 for 2 bundles which was enough for a full head. It was the best hair I have ever worn but it's cut in layers and I just took it out to give my hair a break . I want to wear my hair like yours for the summer but I need to buy hair again to wear that style. I think I paid too much and want to go directly to a distributer instead of having a middle man.

www.indiquehair.com

This hair is expensive too. My hair retailed for approximately $380.

This is the best hair that I have ever worn. I haven't cut mine as I plan on getting at least 3 more installs out of it.

As far as distributors most stylist are in the same boat. We have to go through a middle man. You can find online distributors such as indianhairs.com but there hair is not guaranteed and I have heard some horror stories about them. Get your husband to check into the stylist program with indique and see were you can go from there.

kitten73

www.indiquehair.com

This hair is expensive too. My hair retailed for approximately $380.

This is the best hair that I have ever worn. I haven't cut mine as I plan on getting at least 3 more installs out of it.

As far as distributors most stylist are in the same boat. We have to go through a middle man. You can find online distributors such as indianhairs.com but there hair is not guaranteed and I have heard some horror stories about them. Get your husband to check into the stylist program with indique and see were you can go from there.

Thanks so much for the info. I am all for paying for quality and have learned that when it comes to hair weaves the hair does need to be good.