My Newest Best Friend is ON MY HEAD!! lol!!

Ginsana

Curly Lacefronts Are My New Obsession!!

I am so excited about my lacefront! I've been on a quest to get some length on my hair without my normal routine of braids and weave. My new alternative since the latter part of 2009 has been to wear lace fronts...AND I LOOOOOOVE THEM SO MUCH!! Oh em gee!! I wear my hair braided in about 7 cornrows under the wig without any of my hair out or exposed. I don't ever glue my wigs to my head. They are all human hair and have adjustable straps in the back. My lace fronts have always been straight, but this last time I wanted to try something new...a curly one! I know curly units have a tendency to get tangled and matted up, but still I took a chance...and I am sooo happy!! Ahhh!! The one I purchased is a Lace Front Wig Indian Remy Human Hair Curly in #1B... I bought mine 16 inches long, but I cut it to make it look more realistic.

Since I don't glue my wigs or leave my natural hair out, I like to make my own parts in the wigs and put some of my foundation to make a realistic looking scalp that would match my own as much as possible..I just use one of my makeup brushes and dab the lace on the scalp where I want the part to be...

Thus far, I haven't had to do much in terms of upkeep for the wig. I applied a little bit of kinky curly curling custard to it the first day along with some moroccan oil and since then, I've been spritzing it with water every morning and running my hands through it and lifting cause I love big hair!! lol!! From time to time, I applied the KCCC to areas where I notice some frizz, but it's been over a month and thus far the unit has been just fine!!

The unit when I got it...

The unit when I got done with it!! lol!

Last edited:

BonBon

OOOoo, I admit I'm used to scrolling down and seeing "disastuh" lacefronts, but this is really nice and natural :D Suits you:yep:

Gibsongal

That's really pretty. I'll have to admit lace fronts scared me at first. But now I'm really getting into them. I have yet to buy one, but posts like this one is pushing me closer and closer to buy one.

sheba1

That is gorgeous! How did you apply? is that a part in your natural hair at the front that continues through the lace front? Is your hair left out a little at the front?

Ginsana

That is gorgeous! How did you apply? is that a part in your natural hair at the front that continues through the lace front? Is your hair left out a little at the front?

THANKS SOOOO MUCH! :) I applied it by ummm...just putting it on my head?? lol..I don't use glue or tape or anything, I just adjust the straps so that they're tight enough and put it on...I wear a stocking cap under the unit to protect my own hair from getting snagged...absolutely none of my hair is left out at any point in wearing this lace front or any of the ones I wear...:) All I do is pull the wig back to exactly where my hair starts, make sure the stocking cap is pulled down underneath it low enough so that it doesn't rub on my edges to cause breakage and I'm good! To get the part in the hair, I apply the foundation that I put on my face right in that area...I apply a little with a skinny makeup brush, and that's it! :)

VirtuousBeauty

Your lacefront looks great. The thought of using foundation on where you want the part to be never occured to me. I'm assuming you had a black wig cap or something underneath?

Ginsana

That's really pretty. I'll have to admit lace fronts scared me at first. But now I'm really getting into them. I have yet to buy one, but posts like this one is pushing me closer and closer to buy one.

I am a lacefront advocate....LOL!! RUN RUN RUN go buy one!!! runnnnnn!!!!!!!! lol!! :) thANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT BTW!

Ginsana

Your lacefront looks great. The thought of using foundation on where you want the part to be never occured to me. I'm assuming you had a black wig cap or something underneath?

yeah! It never occurred to me either until I saw this lady on youtube do it!! I wear a stocking cap under the wig to keep my hair from snagging underneath...plus, even if i didn't wear one, none of the foundation actually seeps onto the cap under the wig...the foundation sits right on the lace, and i kind of just rub it in with my finger to make it look as real of a part as possible! thanks for the compliment! :)

Ginsana

Thank you ladies for all of the compliments! Yall are so nice!! lol... oh, above is a photo of one of the straight lace fronts i wear....and below is what it looks like when I buy it!

It's the milky way keona wig! Human hair #1B :)

sheba1

LOL! I bought it on ebay! Am I allowed to say from who on here? or will i get in trouble?? lol..If so, Private message me and I can totally tell you the seller's name on there!! :)

So lovely... sure you can say which seller. Even post a link if you wanna. We've got all kinds of links going to ebay so you're good.

nicki6

You did a great job!:thumbsup:

One mo' question...Do you cut the lace down to the edge of where the hairline starts since you don't glue it?

Ginsana

You did a great job!:thumbsup:

One mo' question...Do you cut the lace down to the edge of where the hairline starts since you don't glue it?

THANKS!!! :) And to answer your question, yes! I make sure i cut the lace back allllll the way to where the hair on the wig begins...so much so that you don't even notice where the lace begins... :)

Ginsana

Your skin is FLAWLESS!! wow. great wigs too :)

AW THANKS!! I wash my face with olive oil and baby wipes every night followed by lemon juice on a cotton swab for toner!! :) Oh, and this might sound gross but I put Monistat chafing relief powder gel (yes, that product for in between the legs...lol) on my face...over my moisturizer and under my foundation so i won't have to put on alot of makeup! It's an AMAZING primer and only 4 dollars at walmart!! :)

SelfStyled

Just Lovely!!!!

Perfect timing too. Now that the colder weather is approaching, I definitely will be wearing wigs more often. I don't use glue/adhesives either. I have had two human LF's- the 1st didn't have straps so I could never get the hair line to lay flat. The 2nd one the hairline laid flat but the lace was so itchy on my forehead.

Pm'ing you. I would love one w/ adjustable straps.

brg240

You did a great job, it looks really great and natural :yep: I love it.

I didn't really like the look of lacefronts so I haven't looked at them but now I might check them out. Also, your gorgeous and your skin is really perfect.

WyrdWay

Those look really good on you! And the curly one looks very natural. And thanks for posting the pic of that straight one, I was wanting to buy that one but I couldn't decide if I trusted the pictures!

Ginsana

Just Lovely!!!!

Perfect timing too. Now that the colder weather is approaching, I definitely will be wearing wigs more often. I don't use glue/adhesives either. I have had two human LF's- the 1st didn't have straps so I could never get the hair line to lay flat. The 2nd one the hairline laid flat but the lace was so itchy on my forehead.

Pm'ing you. I would love one w/ adjustable straps.

Oh my gosh, the itchy lace was a problem when I first started wearing wigs too! I realized that it was because I was wearing my wig right over my eyebrows!!! LMBO!!!!! I figured if I pull the stocking cap to right on my hair line and then put the wig right there at my hair line too, that would help....and it did!! The only way mine would lay flat was if I had my hair braided in cornrows....

Ginsana

Those look really good on you! And the curly one looks very natural. And thanks for posting the pic of that straight one, I was wanting to buy that one but I couldn't decide if I trusted the pictures!

Thanks!!! I like Milky Way's lace front wigs...they're cheap on ebay too, so check there out before you buy it in a store...I buy alllllll my wigs from ebay...when I got the keona wig (the straight haired one) I sprayed conditioner in the front of the wig to get it damp and then made a part and blow dried it down in the direction of the part that I made so that it would stay in that direction because if you notice from the wig on the model, the wig comes with all of the hair heading straight back, and that was not the business for me! lol... You know what I did too? I actually started buying the wigs shorter than the keona wig and every couple of months I would buy a slightly longer one to give my coworkers the illusion that it was my real hair that was growin! lol..When I find the picture of the wig I was wearing before I switched to the keona wig, I'll post it for you to see.... it's so fun playing with these things!! lol