My Newest Best Friend is ON MY HEAD!! lol!!

kandiekj100

I think both of the wigs look very natural. I always feel that wigs look fake on me, but the idea of the putting the foundation in the parts and just seeing you wear them so well, makes me think it is possible for me to wear a lacefront without being self-conscious.

Ginsana

I think both of the wigs look very natural. I always feel that wigs look fake on me, but the idea of the putting the foundation in the parts and just seeing you wear them so well, makes me think it is possible for me to wear a lacefront without being self-conscious.

Thanks so much, and yes!! The foundation makes a difference! In fact, you can use powder or concealer, any liquid type of anything that will match your natural skin and scalp color!! Honestly, if I didn't discover that trick, I'd never wear wigs, cause I never thought they looked natural on me either!!! I'll post a picture of the scalp part so you all can see what I mean!! :)

Ginsana

Just so you ladies can see, here are some pictures of the straight Keona wig in #1B on different days that I also put up so you can see the part where I apply the foundation and how it looks all around!! Mind you, again this is all the exact same wig. At one point, I bought some garnier nutrisse hair coloring, like two different colors and colored the wig and the brownish goldish color is what I got! :)

This photo strip below is the wig that I wear as of right now...I'm giving people the illusion that my "hair" is growin!! LOL!! This wig is a Bobbi Ross wig...human hair, adjustable straps, #1B with foundation in the lace to make a scalp! :)

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
THANKS SOOOO MUCH! :) I applied it by ummm...just putting it on my head?? lol..I don't use glue or tape or anything, I just adjust the straps so that they're tight enough and put it on...I wear a stocking cap under the unit to protect my own hair from getting snagged...absolutely none of my hair is left out at any point in wearing this lace front or any of the ones I wear...:) All I do is pull the wig back to exactly where my hair starts, make sure the stocking cap is pulled down underneath it low enough so that it doesn't rub on my edges to cause breakage and I'm good! To get the part in the hair, I apply the foundation that I put on my face right in that area...I apply a little with a skinny makeup brush, and that's it! :)

Wow that's a really good idea and your part looks so natural! I have to try that now, very beautiful unit too, btw...both of them!

favoured

Beautiful! I think the length also makes it more natural and believeable. Great job...now I'm thinking of giving the lfs a try. Thanks for posting more pics.

SimplyLeesh

Thanks to this thread I purchased an LF from ebay too for 19 bucks. I bought a synthetic yaki wig just because I want to experiment first and then if it looks good I will buy the more expensive human hair wigs.

NappiShawti

wow u done put YO FOOT in dem wigs lol i love it!!!! gotta dig up my old lf now & see can i tweak it 2 look more natural like urs:)

Ginsana

Thanks to this thread I purchased an LF from ebay too for 19 bucks. I bought a synthetic yaki wig just because I want to experiment first and then if it looks good I will buy the more expensive human hair wigs.

LOL! Yay for spending money!!! :) ahahahha....good for you though, really! :) You go right ahead and experiment missy! If you need help, just ask me and I'll assist as much as I can based on what I tried for myself!! all the best, I'm sure you'll look fabulous!!

Ginsana

Wow that's a really good idea and your part looks so natural! I have to try that now, very beautiful unit too, btw...both of them!

OH EM GEE!! Can I just tell you that your BC and your eyebrows are amazing!!! You are killin em with that look!!! VERY PRETTY!!

Ginsana

wow u done put YO FOOT in dem wigs lol i love it!!!! gotta dig up my old lf now & see can i tweak it 2 look more natural like urs:)

LMBO!! Thank you girl!! lol!! I'm just tryna be like you other ladies on this board who ooze fabulousness!! Get your old lf out and try try try!! If you need help, I'd be glad to help the best I can!! :)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I tell you WHAT, you definitely make me want to try wiggin' it up. I am another one who hates looking like I am obviously wearing a wig, so I don't even bother. I'd like to try a lf with bangs...if you know of a good one at a great price, please let me know.

If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have thought both of them were your hair. Simply wonderful job.

Ginsana

I tell you WHAT, you definitely make me want to try wiggin' it up. I am another one who hates looking like I am obviously wearing a wig, so I don't even bother. I'd like to try a lf with bangs...if you know of a good one at a great price, please let me know.

If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have thought both of them were your hair. Simply wonderful job.

THANK YOUUU!! :) I just posted up the two links of where I bought my wigs from....I can only go based on my own experiences in saying that the two sellers were very nice, very accommodating, all of that....look through both sellers stores and hopefully you'll find something that rings your belll!! :)

ladylibra_30

Wow, Ginsana, no one would be none the wiser if you didn't reveal the truth. Now, this is LF done right :)

All the LF's I've seen turn me off because I've never seen anyone whose hairline look like that...eek!

Do you experience more shedding than usual when you wear wigs?

Ginsana

Wow, Ginsana, no one would be none the wiser if you didn't reveal the truth. Now, this is LF done right :)

All the LF's I've seen turn me off because I've never seen anyone whose hairline look like that...eek!

Do you experience more shedding than usual when you wear wigs?

lol!! thanks!! aahaha....
Because I keep my hair braided and take it out every two weeks for washing, if I comb it down it does seem like alot of hair that comes out, but that's only because It hasnt been combed or touched for two weeks at a time, especially when you lose about 100 strands of hair a day (i think), it will look like you lost alot when you comb it down but really its not...it doesn't freak me out to see normal shedding, what freaks me out is if i see bits and ends of hair, then I'll have a coniption cause that's breakage, and thank God I've had none of that cause I don't do anything to my own hair, I save the heat, and washing, and blow drying abuse for my wigs! lol

bgsix

What you have done with those wigs is straight HAWTNESS! I'm giving relaxers a break until the end of the year you have motivated me to buy a lacefront. I have always been scared. :thankyou: for sharing your tips.

Ginsana

What you have done with those wigs is straight HAWTNESS! I'm giving relaxers a break until the end of the year you have motivated me to buy a lacefront. I have always been scared. :thankyou: for sharing your tips.

LMBO! thanks!! Run to your nearest computer and buy a lacefront!! lol!!! :)

msdeevee

That kinky curly LF looks phenomenal..you posted a little too late for me though.

My hair was heading toward BSL but after keeping my twists in too long and medical damage I decided to cut it all off and start over. Right now I'm wishing I had just trimmed it put myself on a deep conditioning program and cornrowed it up and wigged it from now 'til next Summer.

I could've totally pulled off that 18" kinky especially with your good tips.

Too late now maybe next year. Yours looks great!!

LadyPBC

Fantastic - girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl you got skillz! I have about 5 of them and none of them looked anywhere close to as natural as yours does. Maybe I'll dust them off and get the courage to do some trimming to see what I come up with. still don't get the makeup trick. I tried that before with no success - perhaps I'll try again.

You look fierce!!!

FearfullyMade

Daaaannnggg....seeing your LFS makes me want to put mine up, I really liked the curly one, it REALLY looks nice!! I'm about to go order me a new LF. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Ginsana

That kinky curly LF looks phenomenal..you posted a little too late for me though.

My hair was heading toward BSL but after keeping my twists in too long and medical damage I decided to cut it all off and start over. Right now I'm wishing I had just trimmed it put myself on a deep conditioning program and cornrowed it up and wigged it from now 'til next Summer.

I could've totally pulled off that 18" kinky especially with your good tips.

Too late now maybe next year. Yours looks great!!

Aw, shucks....sorry I posted too late...I was eating...LOL... But hey, it's never too late to start over, right?! I'm sure you'll look fabulous when you do!!

Ginsana

Daaaannnggg....seeing your LFS makes me want to put mine up, I really liked the curly one, it REALLY looks nice!! I'm about to go order me a new LF. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks missy! I appreciate the kind words! When you do yours let me know! I WANNA SEEEEEE!! :)

Ginsana

Fantastic - girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl you got skillz! I have about 5 of them and none of them looked anywhere close to as natural as yours does. Maybe I'll dust them off and get the courage to do some trimming to see what I come up with. still don't get the makeup trick. I tried that before with no success - perhaps I'll try again.

You look fierce!!!

:) thank youuuuuu!! Try, try, try again!! :) Perhaps I should take a photo of what the makeup looks like on the lacefront without me wearing it so yall can get a better idea of what I did! I think I will...anything to help you all...try your LF again, I'm sure you'll look great! :)

Ginsana

omg, I love all the looks! What is the name of the bobbi boss lace wig? It looks so natural!

THANKS!! The bobbi boss wig is my new favorite! I paid $159 for it on wholesalebestbuy.com It's called the Diamond Rain wig...here's a picture