My Newest Best Friend is ON MY HEAD!! lol!!

VirtuousBeauty

:) thank youuuuuu!! Try, try, try again!! :) Perhaps I should take a photo of what the makeup looks like on the lacefront without me wearing it so yall can get a better idea of what I did! I think I will...anything to help you all...try your LF again, I'm sure you'll look great! :)

Please do because I would definitely like to see it lol

Jewell

WOW! You made it look so natural! I too decided to jump on the LF bandwagon fall of 2009. I bought my first in Sept 09, and since then, I've been HOOKED! There are so many ways to make them look natural. I use a bobby pin or clip at each temple, and since the hair frames my face, you can't see them. Beautiful unit! My wigs are my besties too...because I can go from looking like Celie to haute like Beyonce in a fly minute, lol. :lol:

SimplyLeesh

LOL! Yay for spending money!!! :) ahahahha....good for you though, really! :) You go right ahead and experiment missy! If you need help, just ask me and I'll assist as much as I can based on what I tried for myself!! all the best, I'm sure you'll look fabulous!!

Yeah girl I'm super excited and I know I will definitley need some help. Your wigs look so fab!

ycj1

Love yr method for the parts. I shop on ebay all the time, could you let me know pm me if you like and tell me the seller or the store you purchase from. TIA

Ginsana

Both wigs look amazing on you. Than you so much for sharing. Do you sleep in your wigs?

Sleep in my wigs?!! lOL! My Lord, no!! ahahaha...I like to feel pillow at night :) My wigs aren't glue or taped so as soon as I walk in the door from work, I pull those things off like they're baseball caps! lol..
thnks for the compliments! :)

Ginsana

WOW! You made it look so natural! I too decided to jump on the LF bandwagon fall of 2009. I bought my first in Sept 09, and since then, I've been HOOKED! There are so many ways to make them look natural. I use a bobby pin or clip at each temple, and since the hair frames my face, you can't see them. Beautiful unit! My wigs are my besties too...because I can go from looking like Celie to haute like Beyonce in a fly minute, lol. :lol:

EXACTLY!! LOL!! I enjoy looking like Chaka Khan and Oprah on any given day toooo! AIN'T IT GREAT! ahahahah.... :)

Ginsana

Love yr method for the parts. I shop on ebay all the time, could you let me know pm me if you like and tell me the seller or the store you purchase from. TIA

Hi missy! I listed right in this thread I think on page three the two vendor store links where u can purchase the units or similar ones too! :)

gorgeoushair

Wow Ginsana your LF looks very very good and natural:) I'm wanting one now but can't afford that price-ouch LOL If anyone finds an alternative, please post. Thanks for the foundation tip:) BTW Do you still have your blog?

Ginsana

Wow Ginsana your LF looks very very good and natural:) I'm wanting one now but can't afford that price-ouch LOL If anyone finds an alternative, please post. Thanks for the foundation tip:) BTW Do you still have your blog?

Hi and thank you missy! I know the price of LFs can break the bank with these prices! If you tell me how much you're looking to spend, I actually know of a vendor who makes them for pretty good prices, I believe...I think like 90 or 100.00...he's straight out of China...very personable and polite guy. He is also very swift in answering emails too. If you want the information, you can PM me, and I can get it to you...I found him from a recommendation on another hair forum.
As for my blog...YES!! I still have it...I haven't been writing as often as I used to because of school and such, but I do write from time to time...in fact, I'm working on a blog entry as we speak! I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here, but in my profile, if you click the homepage link, it takes you right to it...or if you don't see it, I can PM it to you... :)

Ginsana

I think I convinced myself to get another one of the same lacefront!! lol!! Ok, so this time rather than getting another 14 inch unit, I decided to try 12 inches and not cut it at all...Oh, I should let you all know that I do adjust the straps in the unit to fit more comfortably on my head. I cut the straps that are in the unit and resewn them on to the unit in another position so that the wig will sit tighter on my head. I also add more straps of my own. I just cut a stretchy headband and take pieces of it and sew it on to the part that goes right in front of the ears by the sideburns section and from there i sew it to the back part of the inside of the wig...all of that is done to give me a tighter more secure fit...i hope that makes sense...anyhoo, here's the newest wig...i still have the other one, so I'll alternate between wearing the two. I also purchased a new lace front keona wig by milky way for 75.00 and it's straight...since it's coming brand new, i'll take photos of the whole process and put it on here so you all can see exactly what I do... :)

Noir

*whips out credit card*

Ginsana, your LF are the most natural looking that I have seen, WOW! They look fantastic. I think I'm gonna pop my LF cherry and splurge on that straight one you have and have it cut into an angled bob.

Oh, and your cheerful e-personality is infectious! I love your spunk.. makes it fun to read your posts.

ceecy29

Wow!!! Your curly LFs are so tempting, if only they weren't so darn expensive. I love that you do a good job of making them look natural.

Ginsana

*whips out credit card*

Ginsana, your LF are the most natural looking that I have seen, WOW! They look fantastic. I think I'm gonna pop my LF cherry and splurge on that straight one you have and have it cut into an angled bob.

Oh, and your cheerful e-personality is infectious! I love your spunk.. makes it fun to read your posts.

AND I LOVE YOUR MAKEUP IN YOUR SIGNATURE!!! Oh my goodness!! You have the best eyelids ever! lol!! Congrats on devirginizing yourself in the lacefront world...WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE...all credit cards welcome!! LOL.... :) Thx for the compliment too!!

mariefof

Ginsana what are you making me do???? I am breaking the bank and since i saw your lacefront on another thread i cannot STOP!!!!
And now i am contemplating again!!! I did not know a lacefront could look so natural. My problem is that i wear a protective style all the time and i do not want to show up at work with something that looks like my hair grew overnight. I am going for the Keona wig until i can afford more and i have to really learn to work it the way you do so i have the courage to wear it.
Luv it and again thanks for sharing.

Ginsana

Ok, I know the last thing I need to be doing is buying more wigs, but ladies...I couldn't help it!! This time I made a daring move and tried a short wig...a VERY short wig...the Mommy wig that everyone raves about on youtube. I figured, why not?! What's the worst that could happen?! THE VERDICT?! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Oh em gee...I haven't worn any of my long or curly lace wigs in two months cause I've fallen in love with the quickness and convenience of short wigs..!! People at work think I've cut my hair...ahahaha...NEVER would I do such a thing, but let them think whatever they want! lol...
The mommy wig is very deceving though because on the box the wig looks hideous...like something my grandmonther's MOTHER would wear! lol...but I guess this is one of those instances where it pays to have an open mind because it easily transformed into something so cool!! So, ok...this is the wig in box first...it's a human hair wig, no lace anywhere, and I paid 27.00 for it... pretty good deal! It has two combs on the side, and one in the back but I put some extra hairpins in the back to make sure the bottom of it laid flat against my neck.

I sprayed the wig with water and used some garnier fructis wet look gel cause i wanted the curls to look defined...and here we go! lol... every morning before I put it on my head, I spray the unit on my styrofoam wig head so my head doesn't get wet and I'm ready to go! I've also purchased a similar unit, the "MIMI Wig" which has a little lace in the front....I love them both! Ok...lemme stop talking, here are the pics! Oh wait, also as usual, I made my own part and used my makeup method to make the hair look like I grew it myself...lol..okay NOW I'm done :)

Nixx22jam

THANKS SOOOO MUCH! :) I applied it by ummm...just putting it on my head?? lol..I don't use glue or tape or anything, I just adjust the straps so that they're tight enough and put it on...I wear a stocking cap under the unit to protect my own hair from getting snagged...absolutely none of my hair is left out at any point in wearing this lace front or any of the ones I wear...:) All I do is pull the wig back to exactly where my hair starts, make sure the stocking cap is pulled down underneath it low enough so that it doesn't rub on my edges to cause breakage and I'm good! To get the part in the hair, I apply the foundation that I put on my face right in that area...I apply a little with a skinny makeup brush, and that's it! :)

Foundation you say; how so how does it dry etc etc please elaborate. I think it looks really good, natural it really suits u

Ginsana

Foundation you say; how so how does it dry etc etc please elaborate. I think it looks really good, natural it really suits u

Thank you missy! Really it's very simple...you just dip any skinny makeup brush into the foundation that you put on your face and you put it on the wig scalp where you want the part to be...it dries the same way it would if you were to put it on your face...so basically in a matter of seconds, and you're good to go! HTH