my pics are too big

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
What can I do to make my pics smaller? The pics that I take with my cellphone are fine, I can just upload them and they're fine to post. I can't do that with my digital camera pics. For some reason, they come out too big and I can't post them on here. :computer: HELP:prettyplease:

I have the Sony Cyber-shot, just in case you needed to know to give me an answer. Thanks in advance.

It~Can~Grow

If you have photoshop, you can import your photos and resize:
Image > Image Size

If not, you can use the standard 'paint' program (found under accessories) .

- File > Open > Select image
To resize
- Image > attributes > type in the approved size dimensions

gymfreak336

What can I do to make my pics smaller? The pics that I take with my cellphone are fine, I can just upload them and they're fine to post. I can't do that with my digital camera pics. For some reason, they come out too big and I can't post them on here. :computer: HELP:prettyplease:

I have the Sony Cyber-shot, just in case you needed to know to give me an answer. Thanks in advance.

If you upload them onto photobucket.com, you can resize them there. Photobucket is free. Just go create an account

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
If you have photoshop, you can import your photos and resize:
Image > Image Size

If not, you can use the standard 'paint' program (found under accessories) .

- File > Open > Select image
To resize
- Image > attributes > type in the approved size dimensions

Okay, I will try it when I get home, thank you so much!

BlondeByDesire

I can't post my pics either - I have a Cannon. I posted a thread regarding Avatar help but have not received any responses. I can't post pics. Never tried it with my cell phone though - how do you do that? I have a Palm Treo 720w.

I keep getting "upload failed" - and I tried resizing to 100 x 100 pixels and it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I can't post my pics either - I have a Cannon. I posted a thread regarding Avatar help but have not received any responses. I can't post pics. Never tried it with my cell phone though - how do you do that? I have a Palm Treo 720w.

Thank you gymfreak336, I never thought about that! I'll try that as soon as I get home.

Marbel, I have the Musiq by LG. I can do it two ways 1. I send the pic from my phone to my yahoo email acct, then from there, I right click and save it onto my computer. 2. I take the memory card out of the phone, put it into my computer and take them off of the memory card by dragging and dropping. The pics are just a bit bigger when I do it this way.

BlondeByDesire

Thank you gymfreak336, I never thought about that! I'll try that as soon as I get home.

Marbel, I have the Musiq by LG. I can do it two ways 1. I send the pic from my phone to my yahoo email acct, then from there, I right click and save it onto my computer. 2. I take the memory card out of the phone, put it into my computer and take them off of the memory card by dragging and dropping. The pics are just a bit bigger when I do it this way.

Thanks - I'll try - never even bothered using the memory card for my phone - I guess I'll have to learn.

It~Can~Grow

I wanna see...did you get them up, MAHoney?
:yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I wanna see...did you get them up, MAHoney?
:yep:
:sad:No, not yet, I got home so late I didn't feel like trying long. I tried to resize on Paint, but it just does the size you want in the upper left corner of the pic LOL I'm getting home kinda early today, so I'll have plenty of time to play with it. I'm determined to get them up today!:yep:

It~Can~Grow

another thing you could try (which is easier)...if you open your folders in accessories > windows explorer

Click any photo and it should automatically open up another preinstalled package called photo manager (something manager) and that tool allows you to resize by
image>resize > From here you can resize by fixed dimensions, percentage, etc..

Sometime I use this if I wanna resize quickly w/o all the other fuss...I just keep sizing down by 50% > ok, 50% > ok

From there you should be able to load.

Additionally, another free image hosting site is: http://i189.photobucket.com/

You should be able to access from work (unless you're co has firewalls).

HTH