Natural: How are you wearing your hair this weekend?

LadyKaypnyc

Hey guys, I want to see pictures of how you are currently wearing your hair...I want to show my Aunt that natural hair can be versatile. She seems thinks that natural hair is too unruly...and hard to style...:violin:

Help ah sista out and post some pics:afro::afropick::afro2:

Here are mine:

Attachments

• m_7cb7206c5d3f8f3bdcc561666cfddb4d.jpg
    m_7cb7206c5d3f8f3bdcc561666cfddb4d.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 48
  • m_531d672057b3c8a0a38bcb7e2991a716.jpg
    m_531d672057b3c8a0a38bcb7e2991a716.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 39
  • m_79d9a131f3ed76bde1e1deaf0830dfd8.jpg
    m_79d9a131f3ed76bde1e1deaf0830dfd8.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Southernbella.

I just did two strand twists

I'll be wearing these until they look raggedy, then I'll do a twistout.:yep:

LadyKaypnyc

Lauren Your twists are divine! They are so thick and juicy, lol. I usually do mine really small, but I'm going to try your size...Thanks!:grin:

Nappywomyn...I love your up do, is the back braided or pinned up as well?:yep:

Glamazon, that looks like your real hair, did you do it yourself? :spinning:

:bump::bump::bump:for more responses

~~HoneyComb~~

You ladies look great with your twists. I'm sooo jealous. My twists always look anorexic. I tried doing some today, and after an hour of twisting, I decided it wasn't worth it because it was looking a hot mess. One of goals as a natural was to wear a decent set of twists. So much for that dream....

JustKiya

Thank you! I had to figure out a protective style I really LIKED, ya know? :lol:

The back is usually done one of the two ways below - I almost never wear it down.

JustKiya

You ladies look great with your twists. I'm sooo jealous. My twists always look anorexic. I tried doing some today, and after an hour of twisting, I decided it wasn't worth it because it was looking a hot mess. One of goals as a natural was to wear a decent set of twists. So much for that dream....

What all are you using in your hair? I find that I get by best 'fluffiest' yet non-frizzy twists from hair that has been airdried in braids, using only a TINY bit of whipped pudding for the twist.

LadyKaypnyc

What all are you using in your hair? I find that I get by best 'fluffiest' yet non-frizzy twists from hair that has been airdried in braids, using only a TINY bit of whipped pudding for the twist.

Same here, I let my hair air in braids or twists first, then I use a little ORS loc and twist gel on each twist.

mslionheart

WOW at the photos in this thread. Everyone's hair looks terrific! We need more threads like this please.

Lauren, your twists are lovely. I like the way they fall into shape.

Nappywoman, gorgeous updo.

Glamazon, that style looks great on you. It really makes your features pop.

JustKiya

Oooh, I totally missed glamazon's photo - that's a weave?!? :thud: Girl, that's gorgeous! That isn't unruly, at all!

~~HoneyComb~~

I normally do them on wet hair, with a little hair gel, maybe when I try again, I'll let my hair airdry first, then twist, thanks for the tip!!

glamazon386

Thanks ladies! Ladykayp, no I didn't do it myself. A beauty school student did it for me last week. She lives in my neighboorhood. I don't bother doing my own weaves anymore it's getting to be too much work.

ETA: Lauren your twists look good. :yep:

kweenameena

Last week I got a rollerset on big rollers and somehow those big barrell curls now look like a straw set. So I'm still wearing it like that. I don't know how to keep my rollersets looking like I got big curls

When you all do your twists.....how do you keep the ends together. My ends always unravel:wallbash:

Bigghair

Honeycomb if you have fine hair you might try twisting much smaller pieces not using any product to twists. If they come out skinny let the steam from the shower hit them to plump them up.

Kweena, have you tried a little water or aloe gel on your ends?

Here is my puff. Op your aunt will probably hate it because it is unruly...:grin:

Ladies I love all of your creative styles. I need some inspiration for a new style so I really love this thread!:lick:

discodumpling

This is me yesterday:

NaijaNaps: Fab twistout! What products did you use to shine & define? I haven't been able to create a decent tw/o since last April:nono:

LadykpNYC: Your tutorials are AWESOME! Str8 talk always makes for str8 understanding...alright? Thank you & please keep doing what you do!

Last edited:

Nola Darling

Honeycomb if you have fine hair you might try twisting much smaller pieces not using any product to twists. If they come out skinny let the steam from the shower hit them to plump them up.

Kweena, have you tried a little water or aloe gel on your ends?

Here is my puff. Op your aunt will probably hate it because it is unruly...:grin:

Ladies I love all of your creative styles. I need some inspiration for a new style so I really love this thread!:lick:

*Droolz* Love that puff!