Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS....

westNDNbeauty

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

Might have to get a bottle of that AO. Heard good thing about it.

Whimsy

Re: Naturals (especially type 4)!!!! The Secret For Perm Straight Hair In ONE PASS...

LOVELY RESULTS!!!! I agree, moisture is KEY!

MRJ1972

Thanks OP!!!

Going to try this method on my daughter and mom :yep:

When I take out my install, I will try this on my hair as well!

teysmith

::::::::::::deleted:::::::::

wrong thread..lol

Last edited:

Truth

Ohhh yes.. I learned that today... moisture is the definite key...

AmyRose92

OMG I just about died looking at your 4a hair! It looks so full and beautiful and luscious! Makes me wonder if my 4a hair will look like that too when I become fully natural and grow it out. Absolutely wonderful; thank you so much for sharing

Prettyeyes

Your hair looks great both ways! I will try this sometime.

rabs77

OP our hair type appears to be similar:yep: Subscribing so I can find this thread on wash day.

Jewell

Thanks for this! I have 3c in some areas, but mostly 4a. I don't straighten much, but this thread will definitely aid the process when I whip out da pressing comb/flat iron later on down the road! Very helpful thread indeed, and your hair is pretty all 3 ways!!

~marti26.

Moisture is definitely key for our hair but I don't think that everybody would get those results just from DCing. I think the comb chase method probably had a lot to do with your results. In the first pic of your hair straightened, did you use the chase method? I ask becasue I just recently straightened with great results using that method as well as a great blowdry. I straightened several months ago with not so great results even though I DCed both times. The difference for me was the blowdry with tension and comb chase method. Props to Salon Cabelo! Btw, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

westNDNbeauty

Moisture is definitely key for our hair but I don't think that everybody would get those results just from DCing. I think the comb chase method probably had a lot to do with your results. In the first pic of your hair straightened, did you use the chase method? I ask becasue I just recently straightened with great results using that method as well as a great blowdry. I straightened several months ago with not so great results even though I DCed both times. The difference for me was the blowdry with tension and comb chase method. Props to Salon Cabelo! Btw, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

actually, i usually did do the comb chase, but on that particular straightening, i did not. and YES! Racheal at Salon Cabelo (and Patchouli85) did open up my eyes to alot!

dlove

I used this today and was impressed. I wash, conditioned, detangled , sectioned into 4 parts, plaited and let air dry 80%. I then sprayd NTB in small sections and blow dried each section. My hair was flowy with no shine at all.
I then flat ironed my nape 3c/4a hair without adding any product. The results was amazing. I was like "WOW" Relaxer straight hair with the flat iron only- no other product. Usually, I have to use a hot comb then flat iron. But, when I got the nappiest part of head - crown and beyond -4b, I had to switch back to the hot comb because the ends were too thick to press with a flat iton. Afterwards, I got a flowy big head of hair. I applied a very small amount of sabino moisture block and swiped one pass with my solia. Got shine. Lost about 15-20 or maybe even less hair total from wash to finish. I got no hairs in my blow dryer attachment, my denman or fine tooth comb.
I added just a tad bit of argan oil for smoothness and shine and wrapped. Cant wait until the am. Cant wait till wash day to see the reversion.

will update

Last edited:

dlove

Ok, I'm back.

No reversion

No - not one little broken hair

Smooth hair

My hair bounces when I walk

I can wrap my hair

One thing I'm missing is sheen.

Supervixen

This is still the best technique for me. I do it weekly now.

westNDNbeauty

Dlove, I'm glad this worked for you. About the sheen, only thing I can recommend is some type of light oil (i.e. Argan or Kemi), but I'm a bit weary of adding anything to my hair once I'm done.

Maybe some other knowledgeable members can chime in on something that can be done during the deep condition to increase sheen....maybe final rinsing in cold water? i dunno.

Cyd, I'm glad to see this still works for you! :smile:

westNDNbeauty

Goal: to see where weekly DCing (using the relaxer techinque) gets me.

Cyd, is that what we're calling it ? 'Relaxer Technique' :)

dlove

Checking in day 3: still looks great. Kids (middle school) at school asking me if I'm wearing a weave...LOL

westNDNbeauty

Checking in day 3: still looks great. Kids (middle school) at school asking me if I'm wearing a weave...LOL

weave checked...Yesss!! Means ur doing something right!

darlingdiva

Subbing...great thread OP!!!

I really need to change up my method for flat-ironing. I now see that DCing for 15mins. won't work before flat-ironing.

Janet'

Thanks for this...I have a few ppl that I am about to start claiming as my hair twin and you might be one of them:yep::yep: Nioxin Thermal Bliss goes on my wish list...I'm bunning and roller setting for now but for my length check...I will definitely try this out!

Vashti

I'm bookmarking this page! :)

MsLizziA

So did you blow dry and then flat iron? N u said 400 degrees?!?! Wow im scared to pass 350!

MsLizziA

Ok, I'm back.

No reversion

No - not one little broken hair

Smooth hair

My hair bounces when I walk

I can wrap my hair

One thing I'm missing is sheen.
Are you going to post pics?

Platinum

Interesting...:look: I'll try this after I removed my Twists. Subscribing...

lux10023

for vday i went to a spa and the clr stylists were using the nioxin on both the blk and yt clients--their hair did come out nice via their flat iron so this is def something i want to purchase after seing it actually applied to a sistahs hair and the results were great!!

westNDNbeauty

So did you blow dry and then flat iron? N u said 400 degrees?!?! Wow im scared to pass 350!

Yes, I blow dried and followed with the flat iron. I too used to be scared of 400 degrees but when your hair is well conditioned and pair that with the fact that you are not passing a 400 degree iron over your strands multiple times, its less dangerous. I do quick passes (2-3 seconds per pass). I get my kinks back every time I wash.

But you must know your hair and the amount of heat needed for your desired results. <-----That little factor right there is why I won't do anyone else's hair with heat unless they know what their hair can take. (I would physically make them set the temperature on the flat iron). I'd hate to be responsible for some silky flowy straight hair, but heat damaged kinky hair.:sad:

westNDNbeauty

For those of you who would are using the Nioxin Thermal Bliss...ULTA has a sale from Feb 21-March 13 where you can get Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Nioxin products (and some others). So essentially you can pay $28 and get 4 bottles of Nioxin Thermal Bliss....or maybe try some of their other products.

dlove

Are you going to post pics?

I will on my next press. I was really concerned about my coils not coming back so I washed last night.

Good news.. No heat damage!!