Replacement for NIOXIN THERMAL BLISS HEAT PROTECTOR (w/ pic results)

westNDNbeauty

Some years ago I shared with you guys one of the products I use in my blow/dry flat iron process called Nioxin Thermal (in THIS thread) . I know a few people got hooked on the product and then Nioxin discontinued it.

Today I blow dried and flat ironed my hair with a new product called Phytodefrisiant (purchased during the Aveyou Groupon craze). The finished blow dried hair was flawless.

Extremely lightweight hair.
Dried quickly.
Smooth hair.
Full of body.
And this is ALL before flat ironing.

Below you will see my fully blow dried hair and the second pic is one of my hair half way flat ironed. Will be sharing a full review and more pics on my blog.

Last edited:

janeemat

:look: Oh wow, I did not know they discontinued it. I purchased some about 8 months ago and still have some. I don't blow dry often and that is the only time I use it. I was my local BSS today and wish I had checked now. I love this stuff. Your hair really looks good.

LadyChe

I've been using this for years. Try adding a dollop of Giovanni Direct before you blow dry. Heavenly.

winona

Thank you I was not very happy that Nioxin discontinued the Thermal Bliss especially since that meant I would have to begin the search for a replacement $$$$ I will have to check this product out

janeemat

@janeemat you might be able to still find some, but it's last stock and probably overpriced if you see it online

Thanks for letting me know this. I am glad I saw this thread. I have to go to the BSS on Monday. I will check then. I can get it wholesale, so not worried about the price.

Missjae09

I have been away for a minute so I just discovered YESTERDAY that Bliss has been discontinued! I'm still in shock.. and deeply saddened by this! Had anyone tried the Silk Elixir by Nioxin and if so, does this compare? It too is a light weight leave-in conditioner that offers thermal protection... so the container says.

JudithO

Still searching for a replacement for this product... Nioxin thermal bliss... any more recommendations or reviews of phydefrissant?

KinkyGenius

Still searching for a replacement for this product... Nioxin thermal bliss... any more recommendations or reviews of phydefrissant?

judy4all -

I haven't tried the product that's in the OP, but I replaced Nioxin Bliss with Shea Radiance's Thermal Protection Smoothie and it works REALLY well.

Ingredients: De-ionized Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Butryospermum Parkii (Unrefined Shea butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) oil, C14-22 Alkylalcohol (Vegetable-based Emulsifier) , C12-20 Alkylglucoside (Vegetable-based Emulsifier) , Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate (Vegetable-based Conditioner) , Dimethicone, Phenethyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin (Paraben Free Preservative), Essential oils, Chamomile, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts, Citric acid.

cutenss

I agree. I have used this off and on for years. I first bought it off Ebay, after reading about it online. You do not need a lot. Pretty hair OP.

venusfly

Wow! Op, your hair looks awesome. I bought this product this week but was scared to try it.....didn't even know if it was really for black hair. This and Phytolisse. Less apprehensive to try them now. Thanks for posting!