Naturals how often do you comb?

aegis

ive started keeping my hair stretched and have started combing it every day or so. i am a shedder and i think this is going to keep knots and splits off my head.

i know many naturals comb once a week or less. i used to do that but i don't think it's best for my hair.

how often do you comb?

maxineshaw

I try to only comb once a week. When I am wearing a puff I usually have to comb every other day because of the shedding and knots.

Mrs. Verde

I cowash everyday and comb my hair everyday. I tried combing a few times a week, but my hair gets too many knots and tangles. I also tried just finger combing. My laughed at me. I have a good big tooth comb. I usually don't loose more than 1 or 2 hairs. The past week I have been loosing more hair. But I think it is hormonal. I had a baby in August and think my hair is starting to shed. However, I have been taking garlic supplements and the shedding has decreased.

La Colocha

I comb once a week to detangle after i rinse my dc. I keep my hair in protective styles 99% of the time and i have no problems with knots and tangles.

Nonie

Hardly ever. My hair is usually braided or twisted and I finger comb when redoing my hair, which I redo section by section. Last time I combed my hair was in April when I wore it all out.

laurend

I detangle with a comb every 4 to 6 weeks. The longest I have gone has been 7 weeks. I have 4a/4b hair.

Nouvelle

Sometimes I'll use a wide tooth comb when I dc 1-2x a week, but other than that it's just finger combing(sparingly).

redecouvert

Never. I haaaate combs and think it is a tool of torture..if it was up to me, there'll be no combs on earth..lol
i've been finger combing and do prepoos to help prevent tangles/knots :)

Stacy TheLady

Once per week, twice if doing DC. I use a shampoo comb and do not lose much hair (I do garlic & coconut oil treatment once every 2 weeks)

aegis

well im glad that there are other daily combers. i usually moisturize, seal and then comb. so my hair isn't "dry"

almond eyes

I comb once a day and I get no hair in my comb. I used to get lots of hair in my comb but that changed once I stopped using creamy products. I really think it depends on the comb, technique of combing and the products. For everyone it's different. If I go more than a day without combing, I get tangled shed hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Kneechay

Every friday on wash days only in the shower during conditioning with my jilbere shower comb.

other that that, my hair doesnt see a comb. it would be a fight to the death, at which my comb would lose.

PrincessLinzz

With a comb- Once a week when I am detangling.

With my hand- Twice a week, I have very weird wavy/curly hair, I usually separate it and run my fingers through.

kaykaybobay

I do only on wash day. My strands are very fine and tangles, it is impossible for me to really comb my hair when dry. I have to go through sections to remove any shed hair with my fingers.

Mz.MoMo5235

i comb every day to every other day. i would love to go longer, but i dont understand how yall do it... please share your techniques with me :D

Tene

I was combing every 2 to 4 weeks or sometimes longer. But I'm about to start combing once a week. I've been having too much trouble with shedded hair causing knots and tangles. I usually use a wide tooth comb followed by the denman cause fingercombing doesn't do a thing for me.

Stormy

It depends on how I'm wearing my hair that week. If I'm wearing wash-n-gos then I comb once every day. If I'm wearing twists and twistouts then I comb once or twice a week since I'm usually just retwisting during the week. I don't get knots and tangles.