Naturals: How Often Do You Visit a Hair Stylists

How often do you visit a natural hair stylist?

• Every week

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Every two weeks

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Every month

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Every two months

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Every three months

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Every four to six months

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Once a year

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • I'm natural, but I've never been to a natural hair stylist

Votes: 92 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilsparkle825

Never for a natural style (the few that I rock, I can do myself -- other than that it's mostly WNGs or buns) but I have gone about 3-4 times a year since I BC'd in 2008. This year, I have only been twice -- once in January to my regular Dominican salon when I was home in VA, and once about two weeks ago to a Dominican stylist I found here in NC. She speaks VERY little English, but we made it work :lol: and my hair came out pretty nice. She gave me a trim with the blowout.

Getting blowouts helps me see what kind of TLC I need to ramp up. Like CurlyActress I also need regular trims, and being that I haven't gotten one since January my ends are looking kind of scraggly. They're also kind of dry, since I haven't been DCing (cowashing only). I can't always tell these things when my hair is curly, since it looks shiny, smooth and well moisturized in a bun or curly ponytail.

Taleah2009

hhmm... In the fall I go once a month so from Sept-Dec. In the winter, never cause its busy season at work so I work too much to make it. In the Spring maybe 1x or 2x, usually around my bday. In the summer never. My last relaxer was Jan 2009. I still go to the same person I went when I was relaxed. She is the only person I trust with scissors or heat. I don't straight my own hair anymore cause it doesnt get straight enough for my liking. SO instead of wasting a heat session doing it myself I get my hairdresser to do it. I get a trim 2x a yr.

SimJam

I go to get a nice style, cornrow/twists, however I wash, condition, and detangle my hair before I go. I also carry my own twisting products.

D.N.A.

Never. My hair is thriving and I'm not fussy about styles so I have no need to go to one. Besides, my old hairstylist is not natural hair friendly (she'd deep fry my hair into oblivion), and I haven't looked for one who is.