Naturals: Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

• Yes

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 138 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeeJai

I think the beauty of LHCF is that both Natural and Relaxed hair is embraced and encouraged. No one is put down for their decision to go either way. I was texturized when I found LHCF and am now Natural. My decision was not based on LHCF or any other board, it was a personal decision.

sound

Nope, It actually makes me want to go natural. Which is the reason I'm transitioning.

Though sometimes I get a lil' tempted :look:

imstush

Nope, I used to get the urge but not anymore. Actually seeing all the beautiful natural heads makes me determined and want to stay natural.:)

Country gal

I sometimes feel the urge to wear my straighter styles after seeing Sylver, JenMD and other relaxed folks on the board. Perming is not a good option for me now.

indigodiva

Yes, I have had the desire to texlax! My I loved my hair texture when I washed my hair and air dried my relaxed hair! However, i felt trapped by feeling like I needed a stylist to maintain my relaxed hair...Maybe one day I'll be ready to go back. For now, its just easier for me to deal with my natural hair

LynnieB

Naturals: Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

yes!

.......and i'm so relaxed since i bc'd and gone natural that folks think i overdosed on Xanax.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: <------ so corny, i know this LOL

Shawnee66

No, but what makes me want to relax or telax is the shrinkage. My hair is 4zzzzz. I went natural last year and I still haven't found what works in my hair and what doesn't but it was like that when I was relaxed.

rabs77

You couldn't pay me to relax my hair. I used to get cuts/and sores in my hair every time I relaxed cos my scalp was so tender. Like Nice and Wavy said, whenever I want straight hair I press it, but within a couple of days I want my curls back! I love my natural hair!!!!!!!:)

Nice & Wavy

OnAHairQuest said:
Same here!

Ive decided not to relax for a while. I was considering it, but its not going to happen this year.

OT: girl, that guy in your siggy made me laugh out loud...my boss came in and said "what's going on?" I just laughed....:p

bLackButtaFly

Never! It makes me wanna straighten every now and then, but I couldn't go back to relaxing.

I think when my hair was shorter I was more tempted, but nowadays I'm feeling my hair, but I'm a gemini, so that may change tomorrow. :look:

nikkivale

i've gotten over that hump and i do not want to relax. I used to see some pics of relaxed ladies who made me take a second thought to going natural, and have been delightfully surprised that some of them have decided to go natural now. Relaxers are permanent and i will never go back, my scalp can't handle it and its too much work for me.

pistachio

I didn't vote on the poll cuz' I'm not natural, but if I were, I could see why someone would want to relax after being natural. Many women go natural after feeling as if relaxers aren't worth the trouble, but with the great advice of many of the ladies on here, some may give relaxing a second chance no that they have new found knowledge...

Evolving78

I say that being on this board made me decide to go natural and I got tired of dealing with relaxers. I'm sorry but they are the devil! LOL!

BillyJay

Ms_Twana said:
I voted no. Seeing all the long haired ladies make me want to staighten more, but not relax.
I agree! I want to straighten more often.
I did consider relaxing for a short time but my natural sisters came to the rescue!:D

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
This board has definitely helped me to realize that I can go natural and still have lots of styling options. I believe that my using super strength relaxers on my fine strands over several years has permanently damaged my scalp and made it ultra sensitive. Now, any kind of chemical on my scalp makes it break out and scab up (I'm talking even mild relaxers, hair coloring, etc.). At first I was really upset about my scalp's relaxer rebellion, but now I've resigned myself to it. As my new growth grows in, I wonder why I ever felt the need to relax in the first place. I used to just do it automatically without really thinking about it.

As I drool over the incredible relaxed heads on this forum, I have to remember that relaxers have waged a personal war against my head. I can't do what everyone else is doing just because their hair looks great.

jtsupanova

I am currently texturized from 3 yrs of being natural. Being on LHCF did have some effect on my decision to relax but it didn't neccesarily make me want to. Before I went natural I really didn't have many problems with my relaxed hair, I just went natural because I wanted to. So this time around when I relaxed I did it because I wanted to. Being on LHCF helped me make a more informed decision but it did not make me want to relax.

Dee Raven

No. I don't feel any kind of pressure to move in one direction or the other. But I do feel much better informed about my options, which is really great.

CurleeDST

lol yes it is relaxing here!!

LynnieB said:
yes!

.......and i'm so relaxed since i bc'd and gone natural that folks think i overdosed on Xanax.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: <------ so corny, i know this LOL

Starr1

I've never relaxed in my life and have no intention to do so. I like my wash and wear natural hair. I couldn't imagine having to touch up and style and straighten. I love that LHCF is a place where both relaxed and naturals can coexist peacefully.

Affinity07

No, can't say that I have. I'm really enjoying being natural. I did get frustrated in the beginning, but now that I know what to use and how to treat my hair, I have no desire to go back to a relaxer whether I'm on this board or not.

Crown

No!
I am loving my natural hair, and with lhcf I know how to take care of it. One day, if I want straight hair, I'll buy a flat iron or I'll go to a salon. But, I know after 2-3 days, I'll want my hair back.

silvergirl

rabs77 said:
whenever I want straight hair I press it, but within a couple of days I want my curls back! I love my natural hair!!!!!!!:)

days:O !!! last time i flatironed my hair i went back to the curl after an hour lol.

MissMeWithThatIsh

After spending half of my l battling relaxers, texturizers and unnatural texturizers as well as haircolors.

So many people, professional or not, do not understand hair and it's variety. I would rather have my hair to myself, in it's natural state and love it for what it is- MINE- and what it is not- FAKE!

Studio_gal

No desire to relax at all!

I admire the beautiful relaxed heads I see here, but I know it's not for me. I have soft fine hair and when mine was relaxed it just looked like string.

I've been natural for 7 years (I gave up relaxers for the millennium) and love the body, texture it has. Love my curls

:)