Naturals...what products have you been using lately...

remnant

The very last staple added to my regimen is Affirm 5n1 reconstructor my hair loves it so much, I do it every other week!

Otherwise my staples are Le Kair cholesterol (deep conditionner), Aloe vera gel of lily of the desert (moisturizer), castor oil, olive oil, glycerin...

Last edited:

angroca

White Rain Energizing Citrus - for cowashes

Activate Hydrating Shampoo - the most gentle I've tried

Devacurl One Conditioner :love: - amazing slip, best detangler ever plus great leave -in

Styling - Fantasia IC Gel or Sally's Biotera Styling Gel

Jessica Rabbit

White Rain Energizing Citrus - for cowashes

Activate Hydrating Shampoo - the most gentle I've tried

Devacurl One Conditioner :love: - amazing slip, best detangler ever plus great leave -in

Styling - Fantasia IC Gel or Sally's Biotera Styling Gel
I agree on the devacurl!:love:
And Blended Beauty styling lotion
I'm about to give Dominincan products a try

lsubabiedee

castor oil
coconut oil
Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask
Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Shampoo/Conditioner

Motivator01

For me nothing synthetic works for me
my staples are
Castor Oil..... love this stuff
Sheabutter great for super soft hair (the white sheabutter not the yellow)
Avacodo yes the fruit weekly for deep condish
super staple Vatiki Oil every other day which reminds me I nee somemore

also my hair loves the baggie method

remnant

For me nothing synthetic works for me
my staples are
Castor Oil..... love this stuff
Sheabutter great for super soft hair (the white sheabutter not the yellow)
Avacodo yes the fruit weekly for deep condish
super staple Vatiki Oil every other day which reminds me I nee somemore

also my hair loves the baggie method

:yep:Same here (bold), I have forgotten them !

Last edited:

Nefertiti0906

Well I've hopped on the Aveda bandwagon and I love it!
So far I'm using Damage Remedy. I'ma try the Smooth line next or whatever line provides moisture.

I love glycerin, my hair is so soft when I use my glycerin/water spray.

IC Fantasia gel for smoothing hair back.

Smooth and Shine gel for moisturizing, I'm not even sure if that's a good thing.

I haven't used the avocado butter that I bought but I already know I'll love it.

Oh and castor oil/vatika oil as a pre poo.

Dymondz7

All Apoghee products for now. Seems to be doing well.

4 b texture - "Think Cornell West" :lachen::lol::lachen::lol::lachen::lol: - I'm not sure why that struck me as being funny - but it did! Now I feel as if I have a pretty good idea of your natural hair texture - you're truly blessed if you also have the thickness of Dr. West.

PinkSkates

Right now I'm using all Aveda products; and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as a sealer. And before Aveda I was using Matrix Biolage products. Matrix's moisturizing conditioners are excellent if you have dry hair.

foxxymami

I dont have any staples per say. But this is what I normally do

Pre-treat with E'tae Carmel treatment
Wash with Creme of Nature Moisturizing, Conditioning Shampoo
Condition with Suave Humectant Conditioner, comb thru while soaked
Rinse
Massage E'tae Aloe Conditioner for a few minutes
Rinse
Shake dry
Smooth on E'tae Buttershine OR WGO

My doctor turned me on to E'tae line of products. So far I really like it and leaves my hair soft and supple.

ToyToy

Right now I am using Anita Grant shampoo bar (I went back to it recently), and I have to say that my split ends have decreased dramatically!! Looks like my hair really doesn't like sulfates. Now I clarify once a month (with Keracare 1st Lather) to get rid of buildup.

As a moisturiser I am using Aveda Universal Styling Cream and the brilliant emollient for sheen. I really love the styling cream. My hair stays moisturised ALL DAY and best of all, I only need a tiny amount!!
I also have the Aveda anti-humectant pomade, but don't know how to use that yet.

These are my staples right now!! :yep:

Motivator01

Castor Oil in the elax section of the supermarket works wonderfrul
just regular ole castor oil.

I buy Vatiki oil from my indian market near my house. contains
Coconut oil
henna
alma (with no mineral oil base)
and lemon

great great great for natural hair less shedding

LynnieB

aubrey organics HSR, GPB and Desert Revitalizating.
Nature's Gate and v05 when i want a cowash my hair.
LA looks, Fantasia IC ICE (the clear one).
nature's gate poos, optimum care (antibreakage therapy) on occasion.

glycerin mix: water, glycerin, vo5 or nature's gate condish, few drops of essential oils (usually a combo of tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, lavender and ylang-ylang).

those are the staples i'll never stray too far away from.

Rasta jamaican mango and lime locking creme wax - just recently returned to this for twists. use VERY little to avoid build up issues!

every now and again i'll use the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor if i feel hair is overly dry - for some reason it's extremely moisturizing and it works really really well for me.

SparklingFlame

Well I have been using Carols Daughter HHB for the first time in about 3 years. I forgot how good it is for twists! I LOOOOOOVE the scent!

MJ

Within the last week, I simplified my routine even more. But my staples are:

- Aubrey organics conditioners (Island Natural, GPB, Honeysuckle Rose, and White Camelia)
- Aubrey organics Honeysuckle Rose shampoo
- Giovanni Direct Leave In
- Giovanni conditioner
- Jamaican black castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Baking soda
- Water
- satin scarf and satin bonnet

Note: I don't use all the conditioners at once.

bLackButtaFly

Well I have been using Carols Daughter HHB for the first time in about 3 years. I forgot how good it is for twists! I LOOOOOOVE the scent!

ME TOO! I just rediscovered it, and it is the best for twists. My hair is super moisturized.

I use organic castor oil I think it's like palms christi or something(but it the light colored one) I mix it with water, and a little cheapo conditioner and spray my hair with it whenever it needs alittle refresher.

I also LOVE:love: Devacurl prooducts. I live by the no poo, and one conditioner. It gives you fantastic slip, and even if I use the no poo alone I still have soft and moisturized hair.

imstush

Avocado Butter is a must for me!

I've been using Nexxus products which I love, and I just started using Aveda for the Aveda challenge, so we shall see.

adw425

My staples are pretty much the same, but my hair hasn't been acting right the last couple of months. It has not been holding moisture like it used to and it is dry and crunchy in the mornings. My recent additions have turned my hair around dramatically. I have had to back almost totally off my butters and oils. What I do now is either add oil or melt my butterand add it to my conditioner mix as a prepoo. I will shampoo with one of my soap bars. I have several and they all are wonderful -- Chagrin Valley, palm oil soap or raw shea butter soap from the African store up the street from my job, River Soap Company's ocean mist soap with sea kelp or the no name cucumber soap from Whole Foods. To get my scalp clean, I will put some Nature's Gate herbal shampoo in an applicator bottle and apply to my scalp. Nature's Gate conditioners are recent additions and I love all the ones I have tried -- herbal daily, jojoba revitalizing and aloe moisturizing. These are the best conditioners I have used out of the hundreds I have tried over the years. The most important additions however have to be the things that have kept my hair moist all day long -- Ojon revitalizing mist and End All. I bought the Ojon on the day QVC had five easy pays on every items, so I said what the heck. The only other thing in this line that worked for me was the restorative treatment, but nothing else did, so this was a leap of faith, but they are good about returns and they even credit you back the shipping and handling. This product is a miracle. It instantly transforms my hair from dry and crunchy to soft and silky and managable. It gives my hair a feel that it never had before...The only downside is the price (with shipping handling and tax, it was $45.00 for a 16 ounce bottle), but I used it six out of eight days (did not use on the weekends) and the 16 ounce bottle is only down by less than a half inch so a little really does go a long way. The EndAll is a miracle too. It is better than every other similar product I have tried over the last two years, including Qhemet. Kudos to Patient1 for such an excellent product. The Endall even gives me curl definition, so now that I have a bit of length and can begin soon to wear a naturally curly ponytail, this will be my go to product.

BrownSkin2

I use Aveda products mostly.
Aveda sap moss shampoo & concentrate and sap moss styling gel (for twistouts), shampure, and Aveda DR shampoo, brilliant conditioner. These are very moisturing. I use Aveda DPHR one or 2x a month. My hair is in the best conditioner ever. I've had no shedding since using these products. For prepoo I use Africa's Best Mayonnaise.
Oils--Castor oil (staple), GinGro oil, vatika oil.

ETA: Before using Aveda, I was using Nexxus products, and its very good too.

Nefertiti0906

I use Aveda products mostly.
Aveda sap moss shampoo & concentrate and sap moss styling gel (for twistouts), shampure, and Aveda DR shampoo, brilliant conditioner. These are very moisturing. I use Aveda DPHR one or 2x a month. My hair is in the best conditioner ever. I've had no shedding since using these products. For prepoo I use Africa's Best Mayonnaise.
Oils--Castor oil (staple), GinGro oil, vatika oil.

ETA: Before using Aveda, I was using Nexxus products, and its very good too.

Pinkskates and BrownSkin, which Aveda lines would you recommend as being moisturizing? I currently use DR but it has protein and I want a moisture only product.

Thanks!

BrownSkin2

Pinkskates and BrownSkin, which Aveda lines would you recommend as being moisturizing? I currently use DR but it has protein and I want a moisture only product.

Thanks!

For moisture, I would suggest the Aveda Brilliant line, and the sap moss shampoo. I love the sap moss shampoo, but I think the whole brilliant line is for dry, coarse hair. I intend to get more products from this line. I also like the shampure shampoo. It's moisurizing too. I have not used the sap moss conditioner though. I have had the Aveda DR shampoo and conditioner. You're right it has protein in it, and as a natural I couldn't use it every week.

Good luck with your regime and being a new nappy!

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Aveda DR 'poo and conditioner, Almond Glaze, Blended Beauty Styling Butter, Fantasia IC products, Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner...there are a few others but I can't think of them right now (typing while on vacation)

Nefertiti0906

For moisture, I would suggest the Aveda Brilliant line, and the sap moss shampoo. I love the sap moss shampoo, but I think the whole brilliant line is for dry, coarse hair. I intend to get more products from this line. I also like the shampure shampoo. It's moisurizing too. I have not used the sap moss conditioner though. I have had the Aveda DR shampoo and conditioner. You're right it has protein in it, and as a natural I couldn't use it every week.

Good luck with your regime and being a new nappy!

Thanks! I have tried the sap moss before and I didn't like it, my hair felt funny. I think I only used the shampoo and not the conditioner. I'll try brilliant next :)

Oh, I've been natural my whole life minus the 2 year stint w/the texturizer :yep: