Need Help with Mega-Tek and washing hair

rere32

For those of you who are currently using Mega-Tek, do you have to cowash or wash your hair every week? I have heard if you just put it on your scalp(mixed with oil) you can wash and dc every 2 weeks, but if you put it on your hair you should wash more frequently..

SimJam

hmmmm I usually wash every week so Im not sure.

the ladies who put MT on the length of their hair usually do so as a DC and so its washed out right away. Im not sure if ladies are using on the length of their hair as a leave in.

rere32

last year I used OCT everyday mixed with EMU oil. Not doing all my research I would wash my hair every other week. When I took my install down, I had serious breakage. Now, I'm going for round 2 but with MegaTek in hopes of doing it right this time.

SimJam

last year I used OCT everyday mixed with EMU oil. Not doing all my research I would wash my hair every other week. When I took my install down, I had serious breakage. Now, I'm going for round 2 but with MegaTek in hopes of doing it right this time.

Oh wow, sorry to hear this happened to you.
This time u'll do better

Phaer

Hello, I use MGT mixed with aloe & JBCO only on my scalp, I also make sure to put oil on my hair (currently alma oil), my hair has responded well to it (I am wearing twists). I wash every two weeks and the last time I took out my twist (July) I did not have alot of shedding, and my hair really grew.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I use my MT mix (Aloe Vera juice, JBCO and MT) on my scalp every other day. I wash once a week and rinse/co-wash as needed.