Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinasia

Well I got my Mega -Tek today. I have started reading thread but have not come up with a regime that makes sense. I would like to start using it tonight. Please...tell me what and how much to mix it with and what DC to use. Thanks ladies.

Also i order it from stagecoach on Friday and got it today!!!!

Last edited:

Beauti515

Hi ladies! I need help please tell me if using mt correcty. I apply to scalp nightly and rinse in a.m. Then put doo gro leave in and growth lotion daily. So far no itching or shedding. Also twice weekly I dc with mt and organic root stimulator olive oil dc when mill ii see results? Well my hair feels thicker

JustKiya

Hi ladies! I need help please tell me if using mt correctly. I apply to scalp nightly and rinse in a.m. Then put doo gro leave in and growth lotion daily. So far no itching or shedding. Also twice weekly I dc with mt and organic root stimulator olive oil dc when mill ii see results? Well my hair feels thicker

Hrm.

1) I would not DC with MT twice weekly, unless your hair is SERIOUSLY protein starved. Actually, even if it was, twice a week? :nono: Headed straight for a protein overload, that way.

2) I don't know enough of ORS OO DC but make a comment either way - but doesn't that have protein in it, as well? You need a very moisturzing DC to conteract the protein in the MT.

3) I would personally try to leave the MT on your scalp longer than just overnight. The general idea is to leave it on as long as possible, so if you cowash daily, it would be best to apply it after you cowash, and leave it on all day.

4) When you will see results depends on your head - the timeline has varied from 2 weeks to 90 days. But, if your hair feels thicker, thats a good thing, as well.

Beauti515

Thanks alot jk u definitely need to write a book. The ors dc is the replenishing pak no protein in the ingredients mostly herbs. I will have patience and allow my mt work its magic

devin

It sounds great! The only thing - you might want to slide an extra DC in there in the middle of the week, if you can. Keep an eye on your hair and see if it seems to be getting drier/harder faster - I've found that my hair is MUCH happier with twice weekly DC's..... :yep:

Thanks! I can't wait to get started! I am sure I can find some horse supply stores here in Houston, I am always seeing horse stables. :grin: Will keep you posted.

Kay.Dee

I don't know how I managed to not come in this thread until now. I've been coddling the last bit of surge I have and I've been looking for a replacement. I've learned that sulfur is not for me. But Mega tek :scratchch

JustKiya

Hey, Kay.Dee!!! Your siggy always makes me :look: and :lachen: and :nono: and makes me go 'See? Sometimes times is hard', everytime I see it. :lol:

You might get mad at me for this, but seriously - read the whole thread - or, at least do a GOOD search and read the multitude of shorter threads made so that people wouldn't have to read this thread. :lachen:

Maybe... Hrm. I might work on that tomorrow. :yep:

Kay.Dee

I've been reading, can't say that I read 300+ pgs though :lol:.

I'm still researching because (like my siggy) times is hard and I can't afford to buy mega tek even if i wanted to (and I'm in the Buy Nothing Challenge). Unfortunately I have plenty of time to research before making any purchases

off to read more

rhapsdyblu

<happy little singsong> I got my OCT, I got my OCT.

Now....how am I going to incorporate it into my regime?

I AM gonna have ankle length hair & a full hairline next week.:lachen:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Ok, so i want to start rollersetting my hair (because i'm kind of tired of the protective styles and phony ponytails) will this be possible with the megatek?

Like, can i rollerset it and then apply the mt to my scalp without risking reversion (i'm transitioning) or is it safe to say that i can only rollerset on days when i'm not going to use it?

Snuckles

I can't keep my tongue any longer. If we are going to direct newbies to read through this thread because it contains sooooo much information, let's not clog it up with chit-chat that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I see this thread is 356 pages long and is quite intimidating for someone coming along. All I ask, and I assume others feel the same way, is that you put the idle chit-chat in a PM or another thread.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I need to go back and catch up before going back into lurkdom.

ETA what I mean by idle chit-chat is conversations about things other then hair & this product.

twnz&1mo

I'm transitioning also and no matter how little I apply the waves come back. Test a little and see what happens, good luck.

Ok, so i want to start rollersetting my hair (because i'm kind of tired of the protective styles and phony ponytails) will this be possible with the megatek?

Like, can i rollerset it and then apply the mt to my scalp without risking reversion (i'm transitioning) or is it safe to say that i can only rollerset on days when i'm not going to use it?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I can't keep my tongue any longer. If we are going to direct newbies to read through this thread because it contains sooooo much information, let's not clog it up with chit-chat that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I see this thread is 356 pages long and is quite intimidating for someone coming along. All I ask, and I assume others feel the same way, is that you put the idle chit-chat in a PM or another thread.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I need to go back and catch up before going back into lurkdom.

ETA what I mean by idle chit-chat is conversations about things other then hair & this product.
I can understand your frustration, but it's really simple to bypass the posts that you feel are idle. I do it all the time. Just keep it 'scrolling'. :yep:

This thread has developed several relationships and it will contain 'greetings' and how are you's. We care more about building each other up. The product is just a product, but the care and feeding of each person's feelings are much more important.

Just do what I do, scroll past what doesn't apply to my interests.

:bighug:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
<happy little singsong> I got my OCT, I got my OCT.

Now....how am I going to incorporate it into my regime?

I AM gonna have ankle length hair & a full hairline next week.:lachen:
Try using the Ovation every other day. Twice a week should be give you great results. :yep:

Blessings.... :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
BEAUTIFUL SHIMMIE
:kiss: I know it's hard to read this thread, but it is what it is. It contains WOMEN and WOMEN talk to each other and the stronger the bonds we have with each other, the more we talk.

Shoot, don't get me on the phone... :lachen:

Okay --- back to the Hair.....

Platinum

I'm tempted to buy the Ovation but I have too many products already. ( You should see the inside of my truck). Who knows. I may decide to get it after all.

Snuckles

I can understand your frustration, but it's really simple to bypass the posts that you feel are idle. I do it all the time. Just keep it 'scrolling'. :yep:

This thread has developed several relationships and it will contain 'greetings' and how are you's. We care more about building each other up. The product is just a product, but the care and feeding of each person's feelings are much more important.

Just do what I do, scroll past what doesn't apply to my interests.

I hear you, I just know what it must be like for someone to have to try and figure this thing out. I saw a few pages back a bunch of newbies came into the thread and were being directed to read the entire thread before asking any questions becuz anything & everything they wanted to know were already contained in these pages.

I just feel for anyone trying to figure this thing out.

I don't have time to use the cute smiley faces and what not but know I'm following you guys and reading this thread even though I'm not posting much. And Shimmie, don't get me started, you're an Angel! I'm convinced!

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm tempted to buy the Ovation but I have too many products already. ( You should see the inside of my truck). Who knows. I may decide to get it after all.
Oh My! You have a truck load of products???? :lol:

Ovation is truly a wonderful product, I have no regrets at all for the money spent. However, I DO wish that it were less expensive though. I honestly do not think it needs to be priced as high as it is.

But the product does keep its promise...it definitely grows hair fast and long. So go with the Ovation ... go ahead :yep: :lol:

Blessings...

Shimmie

Staff member
I hear you, I just know what it must be like for someone to have to try and figure this thing out. I saw a few pages back a bunch of newbies came into the thread and were being directed to read the entire thread before asking any questions becuz anything & everything they wanted to know were already contained in these pages.

I just feel for anyone trying to figure this thing out.

I don't have time to use the cute smiley faces and what not but know I'm following you guys and reading this thread even though I'm not posting much. And Shimmie, don't get me started, you're an Angel! I'm convinced!
I truly do understand because this is a LONG thread.

Suppose I try this, I'll take some time out in the next week and create a page of 'helps and finds' that we can have our moderator add to the front of this thread. And this way, we can direct the newbies and others who have questions.

I'll be honest, I've missed a lot of posts that were directed to me personally because this thread grows so fast. I'll start working on the help sheet and post it as soon as I can.

You take care and your hair will grow no matter what...Okay? We're here to hold you up in this journey. :bighug:

Honey-Dip

That would be AWESOME!!! THANKS!!

I truly do understand because this is a LONG thread.

Suppose I try this, I'll take some time out in the next week and create a page of 'helps and finds' that we can have our moderator add to the front of this thread. And this way, we can direct the newbies and others who have questions.

I'll be honest, I've missed a lot of posts that were directed to me personally because this thread grows so fast. I'll start working on the help sheet and post it as soon as I can.

You take care and your hair will grow no matter what...Okay? We're here to hold you up in this journey. :bighug:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I actually a guilty of directing newbies to the thread. I know it contains a lot of chit chat, but because of it, i was able to get tips on how to use it along with other information and ideas that i can incorporate into my regimen. i actually liked reading the thred (the old one and the new one) and i pm'ed nice & wavy a few times before and then afterwards i was able to make a decision and learn how to work wih mt. I think it's beneficial, to newbies and to current users, and i don't mind reading through the chit chat, it keeps my day going :grin:

Shimmie

Staff member
For Angel Snuckles and Newbies - How to Use OCT and MT

Snuckles This is Just for You! :kiss:

Attention Newbies!

Help Notes for using Ovation Cell Therapy an Mega Tek

Rule #1 - Forget reading this entire thread. :lachen: Yes...forget it. It's too overwhelming and you will only be more confused on use of these products.

Rule # 2 - I am ON PURPOSE omitting all of the EXTRA's (even my extras I've shared in earlier posts) that so many us have listed in our regimes.

I am posting the Simple Method which is ALL anyone needs to follow.

Rule #3 - Relax and Allow your Hair to Grow...It will.

Steps for Using these products that WORK!

I. Ovation Hair Care System

www.ovationhair.com

Main Product in this system that produces Growth:

Ovation Cell Therapy - The Growth Product

http://www.ovationhair.com/OvationStore.asp?ac=lk&cat=2

How to use:

1. Apply to a clean scalp as you would hair oil or hair grease and gently massage into your scalp with the pads (soft part) of your fingers.

2. Leave on your scalp for at least an hour then rinse your scalp with lukewarm water and proceed with your favorite hair conditioner. Place in protective style.

3. OR --- leave in overnight and rinse out in the morning. Place hair in protective style.

That's it. You're done!

3. How often? At least 3 times a week. Each night is fine, but 3 times a week is plenty. I know because I've done so.

You do not need all three Ovation products. Although I have the complete system, I mainly use the Cell Therapy.

II. Mega Tek -- Same as above

1. Apply to scalp as you would a scalp conditoner or hair grease.
2. Gently massage the prduct into scalp with soft pads of your fingers.
3. Leave in at least one hour or overnight.
4. Rinse out, condition hair with favorite hair conditioner.
5. Put hair in protective style.

Which Product does what?

Mega Tek will thicken your hair -- fast! It will also strenghten your hair which will lenghten your hair.

Ovation Cell Therapy will lengthen your hair --- fast! It just doesn't thicken as quickly as the Mega Tek does. But it sure gives the length.

Shampooing your hair....

As often or as little as you wish. I use shampoo only once a month.

However, at least 3 times a week, I Condition-Wash with my favorite conditioner. After I rinse, the conditioner out, I apply either Ovation or Mega Tek to my scalp. If I'm sleepy, I leave it in overnight.

I even go out in public with this product in my hair. Ain't nobody gonna grow my hair but me, so I could care less about what anyone thinks.

Key Principle - Make it easy on yourself. The only method to focus upon is that this is a scalp treatment. And it's not complicated :lol:

Do your thing with it and forget about all of the extras, such as the oils, and whatever else you've been reading. You DO NOT NEED IT!

Oiling Your Scalp:

Only if you want to. And if so, use either Castor Oil or Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. They are growth oils.

If you want to mix a little oil with the Ovation or Mega Tek, you can, but you do not have to. It's only an option. However, if you do, only use Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil or Emu Oil. Again, these are growth oils.

SHEDDING

It's happens, but do not panick. I had major shedding after the 3rd week of Ovation, but I survived and so did my hair. :yep:

Garlic saved the day and my hair and my nerves :nervous2: Garlic stops the shedding.

Garlic Tabs:

Internally: Take 1 -3 tablets per day. That's all you need. Don't overload on this because it's not necessary.

Externally: Make a garlic paste as follows:

About 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder (not Garlic Salt -- Powder only)

Mix with with enough Castor Oil (or Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil) to make a thin paste.

Apply this Garlic paste onto and into your entire head, hair and scalp. Cover your head with plastic cap and leave this mixture on your head for a least one hour. YOU DO NOT NEED HEAT!. Your body heat is quite sufficient. I use one of those gold mylar (foil) plastic caps and it truly heats up my hair on its own. :yep:

Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair. Place into a protective style and Smile! :grin: Cause your shedding has just been 'checked' ... :up:

Now if you want to spend extra money, you can purchase the Alter Ego Garlic Hair cream conditioner. I love this product and it smells so light and fresh and it works! :yep:

Here's one of many links for the product:

http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_detail.asp?goodsIdx=2157

Moisture:

Keep your hair moisturized as well. Do what you know is best for moisturizing your hair. Use your favorite DC's (Deep conditioning products/regimes). Just make it easy for YOU. That's the Key --- making it easy for you to maintain.

Other Proteins:

Stay away from them. Both of these products are protein heavy and you do not need other proteins. It will dry your hair.

Here's a Treat for your Hair:

"The Kiya Fizzie" --- The KF Solution from our family member "Just Kiya"

Add a little Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon) to a huge handful of your favorite hair conditioner. Any conditioner of your choice.

Mix well and apply to your hair. Cover with Plasic cap for at least an hour. Rinse out and your hair will be as soft as can be. This also Relaxes the ends of your hair. See pic #4 in my siggy pikistrip. Treat yourself to the Kiya Fizzie once a week. Your hair will love you for it.

Ladies this is it! I am so sorry for adding to the confusion. We all want to grow our hair super fast, well this is it! When I stopped adding all of the extras my hair grew. The only 'extra' in my regime is the use of the Garlic. That's it. My hair grew even faster.

Okay............now go grow that hair! :cowgirl:

I'm going to ask DSD to post this up front to make it easier for the Newbies. :love2:

Until we get this posted up front just remember this is post number #3567.

More Notes:

Garlic Supplement Precautions:

Garlic is a blood thinner, which is good, but too much is not good. And there are other things in our diets that are blood thinners, such as Vitamin E.

As a matter of precaution do not overload on the Garlic Supplement doses. 300mg is good; no more than 900 mg per day.

ESPECIALLY if someone has a surgical procedure of any kind coming up. Your doctor will (SHOULD) tell you to stop taking any vitamins such as Vitamin E, Garlic and even Aspirin until after the surgery. I'm speaking even minor surgical procedures, not just major ones.

Taking Garlic 'overload' just to stop shedding isn't worth the health risks. Even if one does not have a surgical procedure forthcoming, don't discount a minor accident which may cause bleeding of some kind. A person does not want to have their system so thinned out that it won't clot, when it's supposed to.

Go easy on the Garlic supplements that you take internally.

Your hair will stop shedding. The external care of applying the 'Garlic/Oil' will stop the shedding. Or the Garlic Conditioners such as Alter Ego and also Nutrine.

Last edited:

fogannie

Hi ladies - The last picture is my starting point for this challenge. I am presently 6 weeks post, hope to make it to 12 weeks - wishful thinking. Thanks for all of the great posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.