New book from one of our own!!

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I definitely will be getting this book. :drunk:

Question though: what makes the special edition different? Forgive me if this was previously asked. I read the descriptions for both and didn't see a difference. I want to make sure I'm not missing out if I don't get the special edition. TIA!!

Sistaslick

I definitely will be getting this book. :drunk:

Question though: what makes the special edition different? Forgive me if this was previously asked. I read the descriptions for both and didn't see a difference. I want to make sure I'm not missing out if I don't get the special edition. TIA!!

Hey Dee!
The special edition is the full color edition of the book. These versions of the book are slightly thicker because they are printed on a heavier paper. The text is exactly the same, so if you are just wanting the info you can definitely pick up the regular edition and get the same reading experience. I think the pictures "pop" in color, but they are still just as awesome in grayscale!:yep:

gorgeoushair

I thought I was getting the special edition:( I got my book today...that was fast. I didn't expect it until next week. I've flipped through it and i can tell this is so far the best hair book ever... but I already knew that b/c it's written by the one and only Sistaslick:)

OK, I really want the Special Edition....

NYDiva

I ordered the Special Edition hardcover, been tracking it allllll week, should arrive today (crosses fingers). I had figured out the difference beforehand and was really glad I did, because the lady who looked it up for me at Barnes and Nobles was a bit confused at first.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Hey Dee!
The special edition is the full color edition of the book. These versions of the book are slightly thicker because they are printed on a heavier paper. The text is exactly the same, so if you are just wanting the info you can definitely pick up the regular edition and get the same reading experience. I think the pictures "pop" in color, but they are still just as awesome in grayscale!:yep:

Fabulous!! Off to buy the special edition! :spinning:

Begoody

How I wish I had clicked on this thread earlier. There is probably zero chance of this book shipping from Amazon to Lagos, Nigeria, where I now live. However, I was in England for Easter and could have ordered it then....if only I had read this thread.
Audrey, your name is forever etched in memory because on that fateful day in July 2009, when I was introduced to the magical world of LHCF, my friend reeled me in using just two things: an article by Audrey Sivasothy and a picture of Sylver2's hair. I spent the entire afternoon at work that day reading your articles and looking at hair, I couldn't concentrate on anything else, ... I was hooked on hair for life. I wish you every success with your book, you deserve it.

shelli4018

Where are the reviews, ladies? I'd love to read a few before purchasing (though I'll likely buy it anyway). There are zero reviews on BN and Amazon.

Sistaslick

How I wish I had clicked on this thread earlier. There is probably zero chance of this book shipping from Amazon to Lagos, Nigeria, where I now live. However, I was in England for Easter and could have ordered it then....if only I had read this thread.
Audrey, your name is forever etched in memory because on that fateful day in July 2009, when I was introduced to the magical world of LHCF, my friend reeled me in using just two things: an article by Audrey Sivasothy and a picture of Sylver2's hair. I spent the entire afternoon at work that day reading your articles and looking at hair, I couldn't concentrate on anything else, ... I was hooked on hair for life. I wish you every success with your book, you deserve it.

Thanks so much for this! You can pm me your shipping info and we can try to figure out how to get a copy to you!

Sistaslick

Where are the reviews, ladies? I'd love to read a few before purchasing (though I'll likely buy it anyway). There are zero reviews on BN and Amazon.

Yes! I encourage you guys to post your reviews on amazon & B/N when you've gotten through it. :yep: I realize the book is a little dense/long so it is not a quick read, lol. That was intentional :lol: The goal was a textbook :yep: But yes! Any feedback you have (good and bad!) it is very helpful and much appreciated!

Sistaslick

These ladies have put the word out on youtube about the book. Check it out.

AntiHairSlave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxYra_d_STg

soulsister75 - she said she is featured in the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkegGstpSIs

ETA: I just ordered one. It was sitting in my shopper cart last night trying to make my decision. Bought it off of amazon.ca. I hope it was the colour one.

If it has the special edition gold seal on the cover, it's the color one. :yep: thanks for posting the YT reviews!!!

NYDiva

My book finally arrived today! At some point I will read the whole thing, but right now I'm skipping around. Being newly relaxed, that section is where I'm starting. :)

Sistaslick

Congrats :grin: Sistaslick when did you do the BC, and how many months did you transition?

You really should update your pictures with your natural hair, it's really pretty!

I will- lots of sites to update on!:lol: I transitioned for 10/11 months (February 2010 to December 2010). I BC'd on New Years Eve-- so I've been fully natural for 4 months.:yep:

bluediamond0829

I placed the order for the book last week after Ateyaa mentioned it. I can't wait to get it I should be getting it this week.

I wish Barnes and Nobles would've had it but oh well

Sistaslick

I placed the order for the book last week after Ateyaa mentioned it. I can't wait to get it I should be getting it this week.

I wish Barnes and Nobles would've had it but oh well

Hey girl! It's on Barnes & Noble.com too. But to get it in the store (or any brick and mortar store), though, you'd have to order it at check out. It would then be shipped to the store for you to pick up.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Not yet, I don't think the scheduled delivery date count includes weekends. I suspect it will be here by the end of the week:grin: