New Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/ Argan Oil

Lava27

Hey has anyone tried this?

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/WBI6061109KE0937.htm

I just bought it, but haven't used it yet. I'm not really even a huge lustrasilk conditioner fan (just mainly use them as a base for pre-poos) but I know many on here go CRAZY for them. This new one has Argan oil, which many on here seem to love, so I decided to give it a try. Anyway, here are the ingredeints:

water(aqua),stearmidopopyl,dimethylamine,stearyl alcohol,cetyl alcohol,argania spinosa kernel oil,carrot(daucus carota sativa) seed oil,rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) leaf oil,juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract, cholesterol,aloe vera(aloe barbadensis extract,chamomilla recruita extract, indian hemp extract,fragrance,vitamin e, methyl & propyl paraben,phosphoric acid,dmdm,disodium edta,yellow 5 &6.

preciouslove0x

I cant wait to try it!! I love lustrasilk cholesterol! Too bad I'm on a budget so I wont be able to try it until the late summer :rolleyes: plus i have braids right now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol

(and i bet it would work PERFECT for twistouts/braidouts)

mizzdee

haven't used it but i'm curious to hear the reviews. i usually have to mix these types of cholesterols with other things so i'm interested how it works with the argan oil.

Fhrizzball

I didn't see that at my sally's. There's no mineral oil in this one. I guess I'll wait until my stash dies down. Such a shame that I just stocked up...

SelfStyled

Lava- I can't stop thinking about this cholesterol. SIGH, I was trying to be good this year, 10th day of the year and already my will power is GONE. I will be ordering this week. I love that website anyways. I usually get my products in 24-48 hours.

Lava27

Lava- I can't stop thinking about this cholesterol. SIGH, I was trying to be good this year, 10th day of the year and already my will power is GONE. I will be ordering this week. I love that website anyways. I usually get my products in 24-48 hours.

Lol...sorry I did this to you!

kim

I think I might try this. Usually these cholestrols do nothing for my hair. But, this looks like it is worth trying.

SelfStyled

I used it to DC this morning and I absolutely loved it. My test of a conditioner is to see how it works unassisted with out any additions or mix ins. It worked very good and left my 9 week post feeling very moisturized. It has a nice creamy consistency and smells really good. At $2.99 you cannot go wrong, and it out performed many of my more expensive conditioners.

xquisitduchess

I used it to DC this morning and I absolutely loved it. My test of a conditioner is to see how it works unassisted with out any additions or mix ins. It worked very good and left my 9 week post feeling very moisturized. It has a nice creamy consistency and smells really good. At $2.99 you cannot go wrong, and it out performed many of my more expensive conditioners.

i really cant wait to get this conditioner now ...:yep:

ILYandY

I just finished using this cholesterol and I love it. I used it after I relaxed my hair and it made my hair feel good and it had slip. Next week I will stock up on this and the one with jojoba oil.

Lava27

So ashamed to be the OP and I still haven't tried mine yet! Maybe tonight's the night, b/c it's wash day! I just have sooooo much conditioner :grin::ohwell:

SelfStyled

So I have been using this conditioner for 7 months now, and I love it. I really do. For $3 you cannot go wrong.

SelfStyled

Ok, where do you get this thang from?? Not that I'm gonna buy it or anything...you know, just wondering.

Okay not that you're going to buy it or anything:look::lol:.....but Beautyofnewyork.com is where I first bought it from, but then sure enough my local BSS had it too.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

How did I miss this thread? I've been wanting to try the Sally's argan oil line but there always out and the one time they had it I left my coupon at home and I want all my discounts, LOL. I'll be going to the BSS today (hopefully there open) I normally don't like cholesterol's but my hair did like the Shea butter one so I'll give this a try as a prepoo and add to my henna mixes.

Last edited:

Phaer

I love this conditioner! it is one that I use in between putting in kinky twists. I usually leave it on for 1 hour, and my hair is nice and soft.

LuvlyRain3

I was in sallys when i was reading thslis thread. They only had the shea butter cholesterol left. Argan oil seems to be the new thing for product lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Britt

Oh boy :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
Now I'll be scouring the bss :lol:

SelfStyled

Sorry for igniting the PJ in some of ya'll. It is such a great conditioner that I just wanted to update the thread to share>

Here are the ingredients too, btw:

water(aqua),stearmidopopyl,dimethylamine,stearyl alcohol,cetyl alcohol,argania spinosa kernel oil,carrot(daucus carota sativa) seed oil,rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) leaf oil,juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract, cholesterol,aloe vera(aloe barbadensis extract,chamomilla recruita extract, indian hemp extract,fragrance,vitamin e, methyl & propyl paraben,phosphoric acid,dmdm,disodium edta,yellow 5 &6.

Argan is oil is near the top of the list
The Hemp and Walnut extracts are ceramides right?
And Rosemary and Carrot Oil
No Cones

For a heavenly mix if you have pure Argan Oil and a few teaspoons- your hair will thank you.

Seriously for $2.99 you cannot go wrong. Price compare and ingredient compare to any other Argan Oil Conditioner and this one has the best performance for my hair. I have tried:

DermOrganica
Moraccon Oil Masque
CON Argan Oil Moisturizing Masque(***my 2nd favorite***)

And this is my favorite. I promise I don't work for Lustrasilk, lol.

*Frisky*

Sorry for igniting the PJ in some of ya'll. It is such a great conditioner that I just wanted to update the thread to share>

Here are the ingredients too, btw:

Argan is oil is near the top of the list
The Hemp and Walnut extracts are ceramides right?
And Rosemary and Carrot Oil
No Cones

For a heavenly mix if you have pure Argan Oil and a few teaspoons- your hair will thank you.

Seriously for $2.99 you cannot go wrong. Price compare and ingredient compare to any other Argan Oil Conditioner and this one has the best performance for my hair. I have tried:

DermOrganica
Moraccon Oil Masque
CON Argan Oil Moisturizing Masque(***my 2nd favorite***)

And this is my favorite. I promise I don't work for Lustrasilk, lol.

Have you tried that One n Only Argan Oil line from Sally's?

SelfStyled

I've not seen this at my Sally's. SelfStyled, do you recall how much shipping was on this product? I hate paying for shipping. :rolleyes:
I think shipping at beauty of new york is 7.95.

Have you tried that One n Only Argan Oil line from Sally's?
I have not tried that one yet, It had Keratin in it and my hair is not that fond of Keratin- I did smell it hough and it smelled so good. Have you tried it yet?

*Frisky*

^^^^^^^^^^^I just purchased it last night so I will let you know...I want to try the Lustrasilk as well if I can find it hahahaha

LadyMacgyver

I have this and when I ordered it I got 2 not knowing if I would like it or not I was like this price I have to get 2 ot them.. Tried it about a month ago and I love it.. I used mine with my steam treatment and it was lovely.. Hair was so soft and easy to detangle.. I was 9 months post then when I used it.. Glad I got 2 jars.. I didn't add anything to this either. If I do add anything I would love to add more Argan Oil and maybe Hempseed oil but that would be it