New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I overspent so bad and it wasn’t even on hair products. I don’t think I visited the hair store once. It’s the other stuff. Work related expenses, books, etc.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Running in here pushing folks out of the way!:lachen:.....:catfight:

Had several 4th of July Carts made, but got-ta thinking about my Crazy Stash - and decided to take a Seat. I don't need another Hair Product and have given away so many products.

Since I relaxed again, I just keep using the same thing basically every wash day, and have not been using many of the Handmade Natural products although I still have a lot of them and...they can be used on Relaxed Hair.

I got to find a way to incorporate them back into my Regimen.

#No More Products

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My roots are a tangled, reverted mess. Wash day is much needed. I don’t have any plans really. I’d like to get in a workout and sweat some more before I wash my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Man I lost my whole wash day routine just now when I refreshed. Recap: I’m prepping with morrocan oil mask on my length and rice water leave in on my scalp. I’ll lather with yes to carrots shampoo and do a final rinse with vo5 strawberries and cream.

I may roller set afterwards.

CoiledOrchids

moisturized my locs with aloe vera juice and oiled them with my homemade oil mix.

I'm not restocking on castor oil until I finish what I currently have. I also have a bottle of avocado oil I'll be using up during this no buy period as well.

now, I really wanna learn how to retwist my locs. I've been watching lots of youtube videos and it doesn't seem too hard. I just wanna save my coins

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I know we are only on day 5 but I have not purchase anything. I do have a Sephora gift card but I think I will use it on makeup remover as I'm running low. No hair products needed. I'll be putting in a protective style this week and plan on keeping it up for 4-6 weeks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I messed up and let my natural hair surfy before I fully detangled. Now it’s tangled at the roots. Guess I gotta cowash. That vo5 is great for that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi Everyone! :grouphug:

Ended up buying box another box of Viviscal. I need 3 more boxes to make it to December. So, I may buy x1 box a month.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still not buying any Hair Products - need to focus on my existing stash:eek:

Since I relaxed, I'm using different products and less handmade/natural items:confused:

However, I do want to send off another Box to a former member with 5 kids all with Natural Hair:2inlove:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
In an effort to stop buying so much, I made a list of 10 products I can buy multiples of only. (My staples) Anything else I am not purchasing. I’m tired of experimenting. It will take me about a year to finish my current stash if I wash once a week.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm going to use my Sephora gift card today since it expires tomorrow. I did make a Bath and Body Works order for the Halloween items, so I'm set until November. Outside of these instances, I don't see myself bringing anything else in this month.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I donated a bunch of stuff earlier this week. I’ll get rid of hair and skincare stuff next. I really have to clear and declutter my space to open up room for more blessings.

I could really use a new shampoo. I can wait until next month and use my pass.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I donated a bunch of stuff earlier this week. I’ll get rid of hair and skincare stuff next. I really have to clear and declutter my space to open up room for more blessings.

I could really use a new shampoo. I can wait until next month and use my pass.
I like proclaim coconut oil or shea butter shampoos for cheapies, Redken extreme length for salon quality

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still trying to stay on the straight & narrow with the n/buy.

Still need to grab 3 boxes of Viviscal to get me through the end of 2023.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will probably break down and replace my Hooded Dryer on Wheels next month. My current one is being held together by duct-tape:look:

Still Works great tho'.....so we'll see:giggle:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used the last lil bit of my rice water leave in just now. I’m doing a prepoo with rice water and an oil blend I made with evoo, castor and almond oil. I’ll get in the shower and shampoo later. I probably can get away with just using vo5 in the shower. I don’t want to over condition my hair.

It’s been a productive day. I started off with a work meeting. Then I organized my in home salon. I got my decor and supplies together for my classroom. Now I’m doing some self care. I may do a set of gel nails later. It’s been a while since I did my nails. I’ve been so low maintenance (lazy)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I bought a few more deep conditioners that should last me until the end of the year.
I’m all stocked up on shampoo, leave in, moisturizer and conditioner. I literally won’t need anything unless a GOOD Black Friday sale rolls around. I might treat myself and get a revair.

I am just going to take it one month at a time. No buy in august.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I purchased some items during No Buy July but I didn't go over board like I could have.

I know I will be making a giant order for ULTA 10x point day later this month. Also, a Sephora order since I have some gift cards that will be expiring. Hopefully I can get enough of everything with these 2 orders to last me until the end of the year.