• MBL

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • TBL+

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • WL

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Kandygurl

I’m on day 3 and I’m quite happy with my hair. My curls are clumping :love:. I’m trying to baby my hair and coat it with conditioner and moisturizing smoothie! Doing much less detangling/ brushing and hair isn’t falling… come on thickness and length! :yep:

I just got to remember to wear my bonnet!

Last edited:

apple_natural

We're pink now. That's cute. I wish the background was colored to easily differentiate sections on the page...
ANYWHO...
I put on mayonnaise. I started to think that it would be a good pre-poo since it's so oily. Then! I decided to mix in henna. I didn't get to let the henna sit for a day like I normally do. I wasn't sure about the usefulness of the combination, either. However, my hair feels really balanced. You know the feeling you get after a pH balancing product. That's what I was feeling while putting in the henna on top of the mayonnaise that I already had in. It seems like my strands have good tensile strength overall. I had some shedding, but I don't think it was abnormal. I didn't notice much breakage. My goal is to minimize breakage.

I do have a concern that I will be disappointed in my lack of hair growth if I do not start back up with my vitamins. I have not been taking them for a few months now. My other signs of deficiency have returned. I wish that I would do better. I feel too disorganized but I know that I will be disappointed at the end of the year if I don't get it together soon. I will work on this

apple_natural

I’m on day 3 and I’m quite happy with my hair. My curls are clumping :love:. I’m trying to baby my hair and coat it with conditioner and moisturizing smoothie! Doing much less detangling/ brushing and hair isn’t falling… come on thickness and length! :yep:

I just got to remember to wear my bonnet!
I'm so happy to see this post. It is encouraging me. I want to thank positive thoughts about my journey and this is an example

MzSwift

Thank you. I had that for the longest time and I kept having to cut my hair not knowing what the cause was. It could have been bagging. I think that this time I was considering oil only. Haven't been doing this though. I just cover it with a scarf and wash once a week

I think this is the right take. If you're planning to baggy, avoid water or water-based product under the baggy. If I just oil my ends and baggy them, then when I take it off 12-24 hrs later :look: my hair is supple and soft. It's not wet at all.

Also, I use GHE (full head baggying) differently than ends-only baggying. I use GHE to boost growth and moisture. My hair gets really dry in the winter. I started incorporating GHEing last January and my hair held moisture better and I saw growth spurts I don't usually have. I use baggying to retain and protect. Overnight, I usually bun my hair and then baggy the bun. I can baggy every night with no long term issues as long as I don't use water underneath. But I can't GHE consecutively bc the head heat creates condensation/water. If I GHE, I wait a few days before I do it again, so I prefer to do it once or twice a week tops.

For reference, I started last year at SL and DH just pulled my hair down to BSB yesterday. I attribute it to the combo of baggying and GHE!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@MzSwift interesting you just posted above...not that this post is related to your aforementioned post...but... I know we joke about hair growth length goals.

I had a dream last night. I had hair that was SWEEPING my ankles. The hair fell in beautiful, jet-black, shimmering and silky waves. I had a middle part.

When I woke up, I FELT like I had finally cracked a code or had solved something that had been elusive for me, for a long time. I felt almost relieved, and definitely calm and at peace with an underlying joy of an incredible, satisfying air of accomplishment.

There's a knowing, a surety, a certainty that has overcome me. The dream communicated to me that I have found my 'balance point' and my center as it relates to the KNOWLEDGE I was seeking as it relates to hair and growth.

Like a dog whistle, there's something inaudible to the human ear, in the air, but perceptible in an almost clairaudience form, a summoning of some sort. That something has yet to come to fruition, but there's an energetic rumbling which indicates, 'something' is done. It is just a matter of time before it shows up.

MzSwift

@MzSwift interesting you just posted above...not that this post is related to your aforementioned post...but... I know we joke about hair growth length goals.

I had a dream last night. I had hair that was SWEEPING my ankles. The hair fell in beautiful, jet-black, shimmering and silky waves. I had a middle part.

When I woke up, I FELT like I had finally cracked a code or had solved something that had been elusive for me, for a long time. I felt almost relieved, and definitely calm and at peace with an underlying joy of an incredible, satisfying air of accomplishment.

There's a knowing, a surety, a certainty that has overcome me. The dream communicated to me that I have found my 'balance point' and my center as it relates to the KNOWLEDGE I was seeking as it relates to hair and growth.

Like a dog whistle, there's something inaudible to the human ear, in the air, but perceptible in an almost clairaudience form, a summoning of some sort. That something has yet to come to fruition, but there's an energetic rumbling which indicates, 'something' is done. It is just a matter of time before it shows up.

Wow!! That was so beautiful! Reading it literally gave me chills! :love4:

It's been so hard to put that into words, but yes, the dreams seem to connect and confirm the desires with reality for me. What you described is exactly how I feel after I dream about my long hair!

I'm so happy to hear that you've had that moment!! Putting the positive affirmations out there with you... with your code unlocked, we are going to see you posting here with TBL, Classic, Knee, Calf and then Ankle length hair!! And I'm gonna be wearing my big #1 glove cheering you on!!

Chicoro

Wow!! That was so beautiful! Reading it literally gave me chills! :love4:

It's been so hard to put that into words, but yes, the dreams seem to connect and confirm the desires with reality for me. What you described is exactly how I feel after I dream about my long hair!

I'm so happy to hear that you've had that moment!! Putting the positive affirmations out there with you... with your code unlocked, we are going to see you posting here with TBL, Classic, Knee, Calf and then Ankle length hair!! And I'm gonna be wearing my big #1 glove cheering you on!!
You're so sweet. Thank you for the generosity of Spirit and the support and encouragement that you give. I appreciate it all very much! More importantly, I appreciate you.

Chicoro

I blow dried my hair for the second time in 2024. That last time was two (2) months ago. I am going to extend that time to four months and blow it dry and check the ends around end of July 2024.

If I could grow five (5) more inches and retain that in 2024, I might be able to say something! The Shea butter, Vaseline and baggie on my ends seem to be working for me. I do have breakage in the front, but I am not too worried about that.

Let's see if I can stay on track and keep away from setbacks and possibly grow and retain five (5) inches from now to December 2024.

Kandygurl

I went into Sally’s and remembered I used to use that honey intensive mask (back, back in the day)… purchased. Also picked up a GVP conditioner, co-washed with that followed by the conditioning mask. Applied my Miele smoothie for hydrating my curls… hair feels nice! :)

Last edited:

snoop

I am slowly growing. I haven't been paying much attention to my hair over the past couple of weeks, but I have been wearing my hair up in a top knot more often.

This weekend will mark 4 weeks of wearing the same set of two strand twists. I would like to wear them for another week-and-a-half to two weeks before taking them down. I think that wearing my twists for a longer period of time is better for my hair overall, but I will say that it definitely doesn't leave me with much to report. I just have to set it and forget it...and sit and wait. Two months between sets is a long time to just and ponder what my hair is doing. At the end of the day, I don't really mind because I don't wear my hair loose, I don't straighten it, curl it, comb or brush it. Just wash and wait.

It's not an exciting plan, but it's a plan that works (for me).

Oooh! I just remembered, I do plan on trimming my hair next week. I'm looking forward to that.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Innnnnteresting. What do you want in it? I was just making a not of my mayonnaise+henna mash up that's on my hair right now
I was going to mix some cream and liquid protein treatments and focusing it on my ends.Let’s see if I can retain my length with it for the next 3 months.

I starting braiding the interior of my bun with Shea butter and it’s really helping me stretch this hair style. I’ve also went back to the donut but because it helps stretch out my hair ends and provides a stable base for my ponytail.

Tealhope

What were the positive results you saw, please?
Less breakage overall caused by rubbing against clothes, the head seat of a car, ect.. You would be surprised how much rubbing your hair takes throughout the day! Also it helps to protect and tuck away your ends. I noticed when I take down my twists for a wash, there are wayyyy less small broken hairs. Its very manageable and easy to work through despite the length and thickness. :)

Chicoro

Less breakage overall caused by rubbing against clothes, the head seat of a car, ect.. You would be surprised how much rubbing your hair takes throughout the day! Also it helps to protect and tuck away your ends. I noticed when I take down my twists for a wash, there are wayyyy less small broken hairs. Its very manageable and easy to work through despite the length and thickness. :)
Thank you for the response!

Kandygurl

I had a travel size of Garnier conditioner. I used to use that back in the day… my curls were so pretty yesterday! Guess I can grab a full size from the store.

My hair is making progress, I’m happy and grateful! Significantly more dark hair vs colored hair! I’m so excited, come through growth and thickness! :yay:

apple_natural

Ok so I put in mini twists with kanekalon extensions. They itched the happy nappy from me so viciously but I didn't have any other style planned so I endured with a few acv rinses. Then, I twist each side as I'm twisting the two around each other... I don't know how I'm going to take them out since I think this has caused rangles for each of the two strands. I'm afraid to see what my ends will look like. Hopefully I can take them out carefully. I still have them in. I need to find a way to moisturize without causing tangles....ugh. if I never cut my hair so much two years ago, I wouldn't feel like I needed extensions. It hasn't grown back since

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Ok so I put in mini twists with kanekalon extensions. They itched the happy nappy from me so viciously but I didn't have any other style planned so I endured with a few acv rinses. Then, I twist each side as I'm twisting the two around each other... I don't know how I'm going to take them out since I think this has caused rangles for each of the two strands. I'm afraid to see what my ends will look like. Hopefully I can take them out carefully. I still have them in. I need to find a way to moisturize without causing tangles....ugh. if I never cut my hair so much two years ago, I wouldn't feel like I needed extensions. It hasn't grown back since
Oh no, that's terrible. I hate that for you. Is there anything stopping the hair growth?

snoop

I took my mini twists down last week and washed them this weekend.

First pic was taken on Sunday. I applied a clay mix with my hair in jumbo twists. Prior to this, I'd done an oil pre-poo, but I'd done it a few days before (I got distracted and didn't have a chance to wash my hair the following day). I've done pre-poos before and I've done clay washes before, but I'm not sure why the clay didn't sink into my hair. It was a strengthening clay mix and included hydrolyzed proteins. Again, I've used these before with no issue.

Yesterday, I decided to do an avacado mask because my hair felt strengthened and I didn't like that the clay mask didn't absorb into my hair. I was too excited and totally forgot to add honey to my mask, but I think that it worked on my hair.

(I should note that both of these masks were applied to dry hair.)

LHCF_Apr_Growth.png

I hadn't really seen my hair in a while and I was soo happy with what it looks like now. It's so full and so heavy!

LHCF_Apr_Growth2.png

Kandygurl

So, I’m back to exploring my past loves… picked up another oldie that I used to use… tryin to get that ‘old thang back!’

I also started styling with some edge control on my tresses it keeps my curls with more definition, less frizzy.

On another note, I like that Chebe butter, not overly crazy about the smell though… anyway, less shedding so, I’m happy! :drunk:

snoop

Last night, it occurred to me that I haven't been sleeping with my silk scarf. I've only been using my satin scarf. So I had to do a bit of a hunt, but I found it and I'm going to start using it again. I feel like silk and satin are just not the same.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to install mini twists and keep them in until the end of august, or to enjoy my hair during the summer (read: wear medium twists instead) and then install mini twists for the last quarter of the year. Four months would be a big stretch for me, but I think that I can do it.

(I think that I'll wait...)

Chicoro

Last night, it occurred to me that I haven't been sleeping with my silk scarf. I've only been using my satin scarf. So I had to do a bit of a hunt, but I found it and I'm going to start using it again. I feel like silk and satin are just not the same.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to install mini twists and keep them in until the end of august, or to enjoy my hair during the summer (read: wear medium twists instead) and then install mini twists for the last quarter of the year. Four months would be a big stretch for me, but I think that I can do it.

(I think that I'll wait...)
What’s the difference you notice with the scarves, please?

snoop

What’s the difference you notice with the scarves, please?

I should start by saying that I buy Habotai silk scarves. I have bought other types of silk scarves to try, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I've found that these silk scarves actually leave my hair feeling softer than (polyester) satin. I'm not sure why that is, but I pretend that the reason is that the scarves are imparting some of their amino acids into my hair.