New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

CoiledOrchids

bought dr bronner's peppermint castile soap yesterday for $15. and I bought a sheamoisture shampoo.

smh I broke my no-buy but I have more than enough shampoo for a long while. I'm still working through my jug of aloe vera juice from Walmart and I'm finishing up the avocado oil.

I want to keep castor oil as my holy grail oil and get rid of my rinse out conditioner. I might give the conditioner to my sister bc I don't want buildup in my locs.

I'm gonna finish up the taliah waajid clarifying shampoo next week and then start finishing the black earth shampoo.

I'm curious to see how the sheamoisture shampoo works on my loc'd hair but we shall wait and see

CoiledOrchids

a new month means new progress. I'm giving my conditioner to my sister and plan to use up my taliah waajid shampoo over the next few months. I won't start using my sheamoisture jbco shampoo until my taliah waajid is done.

I'm still using up my oil mix. I have about 12 Oz. left in my applicator bottle. My Aloe vera juice is still going strong as well. That will take months to finish

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I barely have products these days. My daughter uses my stuff and I have products for my braid bar, but not really much for me. I did use a pass to buy some color depositing conditioner last month. I hope it smells good.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair grows so fast, thick and healthy. My hair is so shiny and easy to manage. Why is my hair always so perfect? Why does my hair always feel so amazing and smell so good? Just manifesting. #askfirmations

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair
This time of the year is the worst for a PJ
No worries boo. It’s a blessing to have the funds to splurge. I made this challenge for financial reasons, but if you got it, spend it. I need discipline cuz I’ll swipe all the numbers off this ****
@Napp - Right! And for me, totally unnecessary (da' stash is deep), But I could use a couple good Pomades for Winter tho':look:

@Prettymetty It is so true to be Blessed!:pray:

However, I need to do other stuff with my Coinage :twocents:- so I'll be watching those very carefully this season.

Been trying to get debt-free and just have a Mortgage and a potential Car Note. (Looking to replace my Car in 2024):auto:

Will try to exercise 'restraint' this BF Season

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Napp - Right! And for me, totally unnecessary (da' stash is deep), But I could use a couple good Pomades for Winter tho':look:

@Prettymetty It is so true to be Blessed!:pray:

However, I need to do other stuff with my Coinage :twocents:- so I'll be watching those very carefully this season.

Been trying to get debt-free and just have a Mortgage and a potential Car Note. (Looking to replace my Car in 2024):auto:

Will try to exercise 'restraint' this BF Season
You got this!

HealthyHair2020

Me having no space in my hair containers = no buy for the next two months hairwise. Also trying to hold back clothes wise since I purchased a bunch of stuff in the last month. Trying to think about how I want to handle next year now.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just got paid and did some couponing earlier. I got a garnier shampoo and conditioner since I saved $4. Then I had a 5 off $25. Hair products were free essentially. I love couponing. It’s my new addiction.

CoiledOrchids

broke my no buy for November. bought some cheap aussie moist avocado conditioner and a few packs of the ors replenishing conditioner.

the aussie moist is currently being used to help me take out my locs.

I will be getting a steam treatment, blow out and trim on December 2nd and will be wearing my natural hair for the next few months so my hair can get the proper treatments it needs.

I'll probably be taking out these locs all week. I'm taking a break right now only because my hands are so sore.

I want microlocs started with braids and I wanna interlock them I just gotta see when the new loctician will be available.

Lylddlebit

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
So, as promised, I ended up getting a couple "Pomades" to see me through the Winter months.

SheScentIt has a new one out (Apple Nectar & Rosemary) so I got x2 of those from their 50% off Sale and an old faithful: The Pomade Shop (ETSY), I grabbed a Rosemary Pomade and a Peppermint Pomade 30% off.

I think I am done.

I would like to have Soultanical Chebe Glaze, but I bet it is already OOS. (It is) So I picked up x2 Soultanicals Fenugreek Hair Grease 60% off.

So Pomades this BF which is what I said I would prolly get. My cousin has a couple boxes of Viviscal she said she is giving me. She said she saw "no changes" while using them, so she is gifting them to me. Which is what I was using anyway.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had another successful Saturday couponing. I didn’t get any hair products this time. I was able to save the most at Family Dollar. This is my Saturday ritual now.

I got my hair done this morning and it’s still pin curled. I’ve been shopping and cleaning. Gotta keep this hair up and out of my face. My honey wants to take me out tonight. My mom gave me some new boots that were too small and I’m so excited to wear them tonight.IMG_0008.jpeg