NO heat challenge 1/1/12 to 1/1/13

Lymegreen learning how to style a natural rollerset is quite a task, some people are very good at it. Yes, I thought Taren's hair was pretty, but didn't like the styling.

Seamonster, thanks for waking me up! LOL!

I got some nubian twists, that I absolutely LOVED, in September, and after I took them out I felt a little lost for styling options, but I still have not used heat!!! Yay, ME!!

I'm going to try and put some braids in this weekend because it's getting cold and my bald little peanut head is going to freeze off if I don't.

Last edited:
Though I didn't flat iron, I did use a blowdryer to stretch my hair for mini braids about a week ago. My braider says it makes it a lot easier & it definitely took less time. I have pics I need to post but I don't know how to resize them so that I can attach them.

It is coming to the end of the year, and I love no heat so much, I am struggling with the idea of flat ironing. It is funny what a year can do. Once I learned how to style my natural hair, I am like what is the point of the heat.

Oh, some one occasionally suggest I at least try a braid out, but it is my hair, and if I like nappy, I got it. :reddancer:

One week later, and I am still in a conundrum over using the flat iron I purchased when I started this challenge.

Let this be a lesson to all who join a year long challenge. Purchase tools when you plan to use them. I have been waiting all year to use this iron, and now I am scared to mess up my curls. My texture wasn't nearly as pretty when the year began. No heat can become addicting.

I want to flat iron, and trim. I want to shore up my bob, but then I think, I am just going to wear my naturally curled hair anyway so what is the point of cutting straight?

Furthermore, I am scared my hair isn't very long, what if it is neck length instead of shoulder length like it pulls to. I would be a little disappointed.

Back