Normally no luck with growth aids, but MT worked for you?

crazydaze911

Hey ladies:
just curious - for those of us whose hair laughs at growth aids normally, did MT work for you?
Sadly i can be a bandwagon girl - MTG smelled horrible, MN felt great on my scalp but i felt like it was clogging my pores with mineral oil, BT was nice smelling but all in all im still getting below average growth (undiagnosed anemia or using BCs for too long - who knows). so my questions is - anyone else have similar non responsiveness to other growth aids, but still have MT work for them?...

Thanks for your input

HoneyDew

CD, I think you may be grasping for straws on this one. I think you aren’t getting responses because the number of people your question applies to may be slim. I will reply to your thread because it seems that in some threads when one person replies it opens up the line and others will follow. Hope you get more responses after mine.

Anway, #1, you want someone that growth aids have not worked for. I think most of the users of the popular growth aids saw some (even if only a little) extra boost. I think most people agree that MTG stinks, and many of the MT users have reported that the smell of this one is great. On smell alone, I would say MT wins, and I have never even used it myself. On the ingredients, I cannot remember what they are exactly, but this MT is a conditioner and not really meant to be on the scalp so I can see how it would cause build up for some, just like if you don’t rinse conditioner well after deep conditioning. Not sure about pore clogging though.

#2, It seems that only a few people are saying that MT is NOT giving them SOME benefit. Most are reporting good things, from stronger hair to help with retention to super fast growth rates.

It think you may have to decide on this one based on your own values, likes and dislikes. Someone else may have more to add.

KrimsonKween

Crazy I have used mtg and yes it stinks but it works. I did recieve growth. Now the side affects were itchy dry pathces on my neck, forhead and top of ears. I have heard alot about MT and OCT. They both have seems to get good reviews. Both are protien products and u have to rinse out. Some do say they leave the products in and don't have any problems. Most people say their hair becomes aloth thicker with MT/Oct.

I have stopped using mtg bx of my rashed that have gotten really bad. My hair is still growing. I think with anything you try u are going to get some that say that got 20inches :grin: over night and some that say they didn't see anything. I am learning to stick by the moto of what works for some don't work for all.

I hope this helps.

ycj

I personally am glad you asked this question. Reason being is because normally growth aids do nothing for me. Why, I don't know!! I posted a reply earlier today asking for some suggestions regarding my usage of the MT/OCT, both of which I have and been using on a regualar basis. I've only been using the MT since 7 Oct, and the OCT since 12 Oct, and have not seen any drastic change in my hair. I do have a bit more thickness, but nothing major. I am a bit disappointed in both because of the rave reviews that ea product was given I was sure I would also get fantastic results as well. I thought to myself, maybe I have'nt been using them long enough to really see the results? But from reading previous threads on both of these some ladies saw results in a week. I take vit. as well and drink plenty of water. So actually I don't know what the deal is. Next I am going on the wheat germ cocktail, and will try the Gro Aut. Something has to give soon. But to answer your question not everyone is getting the great results from using the MT/OCT. Just wanted to give you my comment on this. Thanks for asking!:ohwell::grin::perplexed

Prose Princess

I wasn't big on topical growth aids until I got here, and even then I only bought OCT and MT. Before I was just trying random stuff like something called Folligen and this huge rip-off called Scalp Med to no avail. So far I've just been using MT every other day, but I can definitely tell it's working for me. Three weeks after my relaxer my hair feels like it usually does six weeks after my relaxer. I can't really tell if my edges are filling in or whatever, but I pulled my hair up in a wet bun last night before baggying and, instead of being like, "wow my edges look thin" I didn't even pay attention to them, so I guess that means they're improving. That's all the input I can offer so far though, since it's only been about three weeks since I started my new regimen. HTH!

Rain20

I have been using MT for approx 4-6 weeks and used one bottle of Ovation. So far no real great results. I may continue to use MT as a deep/protein conditioner but sometimes I get tired of ordering products online so I will make a decision after I finish my last bottle. Most growth aides have not seemed to work for me. But I think everyone says it takes about 2 months to see progress. I do get a little disappointed after reading threads and people have noticed results in 2 wks. Oh well, it could be worse. I hope if you try MT or Ovation you have good results.

PreciousPearl

I have been using MT for approx 3 weeks. I haven't noticed any remarkable growth yet, but my hair seems thicker and my ng is softer. I already have thick hair, so I'm not necessarily jumping for joy about it getting thicker. I don't know if it's the MT or the other products I have been using. I'm also 8 weeks post relaxer. My hair tends to fell thicker about this time before I relax. So, for me the jury is still out.

Nice & Wavy

It took about 3 months for me to see any type of growth and then....it came.

I'm very pleased with the product. My hair was very, very fine and now its medium fine since I've been using this product. I only have regular shedding of my hair and that's it. It's been wonderful...can't speak for others, but it works for me!

HTH

crazydaze911

Im glad some of you or getting good results with this one! Im going to at least finish the bottle. I had OCT b/f but got scared about the shedding. Since reading more on these threads about the MT and growth aids shedding in general, im giving it another shot with MT (much cheaper than OCT!). THANKS!