Not Conforming to this World

**Tasha*Love**

How do you ladies deal with the "worldly influences"? I don't find it hard to live the life that Christ has instructed me to live but I find difficulty in the people around me. For example, I believe in forgiveness. Its a hard task to accomplish but I know that God requires us to forgives others and move past any grievances that we may have with each other. Well when I put this into practice there is always someone there who disagrees with the choice that I have made and I get backlash. I am not perfect but I try not to be judgemental, gossipy, jealous hearted and envious. The many things that I see in others/this world on a daily basis.

I have a heart of compassion that I feel gets taken for granted. I believe in doing for people if they are in need. But sometimes I get taken advantage of because my kindness is taken as a weakness. I do what is right but it seems that I get burned in the end! For the past 2 years God has taken me on a self-examination to see areas of my life that I need to correct. It was a hard process but I am a better person for it. I try my best to treat people right and live as God would have me to live. I feel like I am an outsider because I do what is right and not what others think is right. Sometimes I think if I was mean, hateful and devious I would be accepted more but that is not who God made me to be. My mother once told me that "I cannot live in this world alone". I just feel like I am in my own world and I don't mesh with the rest of society. I refuse to conform to what society thinks I should be but I also get upset because I am not accepted for being me. I know I am rambling but I feel so alone. Thanks for listening.

Romans 12:2 (Whole Chapter)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you have truely forsaken the world and turned to God in true repentance than you are no longer of the world. The Bible says if your a friend of the world then you are an enemy of God. Yes there are many social pressures to be accepted at work, to laugh at smutty jokes, to react in an ungodly manner but God promised to fight our battles, he said "Vengence is mine, I will repay" and girl ive seen him repay some serious blows that have messed with God's people. Just dont be Weary in well doing Gal6:9 You will reap if you faint not! If you were of the world the world would love his own. Read John 17 Jesus prayer for unity and oneness. God bless be encouraged ;)

Thank you for taking the time to give my some words of encouragement Shalita. I will make my daily devotional focus on John 17 today.

Ladies is there anyone else that can give me some insight? I am not the type to reach out for help but right now I would like to know how others deal with outside pressure?

Natasha2005 said:
Ladies is there anyone else that can give me some insight? I am not the type to reach out for help but right now I would like to know how others deal with outside pressure?

Natasha

I am a giver myself and I love according to God's word and yes sometimes people think I'm weak because I don't act the way they think I should act.
It has been hard for me to get to this place in my walk with God because my flesh did not want to love people that have lied on me and have done me wrong. But just this year I had two people to tell me, girl there must be a God for you to still be walking around smiling with all the hell your ex have put you through. It is nothing I've said to them but the life they've seen me live and the forgiveness I've show to my ex which tells them there must be a God. I didn't even know they were paying attention to the way I treated him.

In this walk with God you must at all times make sure you are pleasing him not man and not even yourself but God.

As far as being taken advantage of seek God before making decisions and ask him to order your steps and lead you and ask for the spirit of discernment. You must be wise in your decision making. Just because you're saved doesn't mean you can't say NO.

Continue to love and forgive, by this all men may know that God is real.

Be Blessed

"D"

Back