Nov 9 10 11 12 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Happy Weekend Beautiful Ladies!:rose:

We are coming down the Home Stretch of 2018. :auto:

What a Better way to end this Year is to finish out Strong!:strong:

Strong on that Hair Game!:trophy:

Let's Get Ready to Greet 2019 with Healthy, Happy Hair.:supergrin:

Well Conditioned, Well Moisturized, Well Taken Care Of.:up:

So....What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Rozlewis

Tonight:
Pre-poo hair overnight with Annabelles' Pre-Poo Treatment

Tomorrow:
Shampoo: Silk Elements Sulfate Free Shampoo with EO 2x
DC: Naturelle Grow's Jamaica Me Crazy with steam for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Heat Protectant: Kenra
Roller Set: Barrel Curlformers
Dry: Pibbs 60 mins

Aggie

I have no idea if I will wash and DC this week but I do know that I will be massaging my scalp with some scalp drops and heavy sealing with Blue magic grease.

I will update if I change my mind on doing something else with my hair. I do need to color it too so maybe I might throw in a quick henna as well. I know I will have to DC then.

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I just got back from Orlando last night. Once I got home and settled in, I sprayed my hair with water, applied DC and JBCO and braided in maybe 5 sections, put a baggy on, covered it with a scarf and went to bed. When/if I get in the shower (yeah, i'm that tired) I'll just shampoo and conditioner, towel dry and put in two dutch braids. I think I did the same thing last weekend. It's shortened my regi to like 30 minutes total, which is great for me now that I don't have much time anymore.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’m going to use moringa powder and coconut milk as a treatment after I shampoo with Soultanicals Shea Yurvedic buttercream.

(Might throw a conditioner in after )

Thinking about Taura Amore leave in and butter blend to dry in twists before I blow dry to stretch.

going with TMN Condition Me softly after I rinse out my treatment, followed by Taura Amore Leave in and creams with the blend to twist with. airdry overnight. blow dry next day to stretch.

Attachments

• F40EF69C-DD72-43F2-8821-E2B8E5A5A710.jpeg
    F40EF69C-DD72-43F2-8821-E2B8E5A5A710.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7

discodumpling

Clarify: ORS Aloe shampoo
Henna...its been a minute since I did this process! I'm glad to see I still have my application skills after all this time! My grey hairs are really trying to make their presence known and this is my 1st line of defense.
Blow dry & flat iron. I have some new heat protectant and shine serum I want to test out then I'll be back to my wash n go by Tuesday or Wednesday.

imaginary

I always forget how much my hair loves prepoos until I actually do them.

Pre-Rx: coconut oil all day
Shampoo: SM curl and shine
Overnight Rx: Olaplex No 3
DC mix: 2 spoons goat milk powder mixed with warm water, .40oz Briogeo Don't Despair Repair DC (what kinda non-existent sample size), Difeel sunflower mega care Brazil nut oil premium hair mask (cheap $1 sample pack) and neutral protein filler
Rinse: acv and water
Leave-ins: aphogee provitamin, ogx oil, TGIN green tea li
Stretch: put my hair in 2 ponytails and twisted the ends. Oh I also put a hair net wrap on over the top of my hair so that the front would dry flat and not puffy since I have uneven lengths. Softhood for an hour.

GGsKin

Prepoo: Warmed oil mix (including calendula, Shea and coconut oils) overnight.
Treat: Ayurvedic paste- Brahmi, kalpi tone, neem, hibiscus, and rose petal powder for two hours.
Clay: Water, s + c bentonite, rhassoul, kaolin, SAA, hibiscus tea and ACV.
Oil rinse: Sunflower oil.
Style: KCCC (diluted of course).

oneastrocurlie

On Friday I used:
Oyin ginger mint cowash
DC'ed with eden bodyworks marshmallow almond split end repair mask
Used NYC curls conditioner as my leave in
Styled with UFD Curl Magic and NYC curls gel (I was trying to compare the two in the same wash day)

shasha8685

On Saturday I:

Shampooed with MC Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage and Repair Shampoo
Protein Treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor for 5 min
Deep conditioned with EBW Jojoba and Monoi Natural Deep Conditioner (for ~ 1hr)
LCO with aloe vera juice, MC Ancient Egyptian Cuticle Control Leave In, and some oil that I had from SSI

Stretched my hair using bantu knots then flat twisted on semi damp hair.

Alma Petra

On Friday I used:
Oyin ginger mint cowash
DC'ed with eden bodyworks marshmallow almond split end repair mask
Used NYC curls conditioner as my leave in
Styled with UFD Curl Magic and NYC curls gel (I was trying to compare the two in the same wash day)
So what was the final verdict?
UFDCM is currently my favourite gel, alongside my all time fav WLXG, but NYC conditioner and gel are in my shopping cart and I'm considering pulling the trigger on them soon. I'm interested to know if they might perform better than my current favourites or not. They come highly recommended.

oneastrocurlie

So what was the final verdict?
UFDCM is currently my favourite gel, alongside my all time fav WLXG, but NYC conditioner and gel are in my shopping cart and I'm considering pulling the trigger on them soon. I'm interested to know if they might perform better than my current favourites or not. They come highly recommended.

The NYC Curls Conditioner is one of my favorite leave ins. Idk what's in it that helps define my curls. I also use it to refresh.

Gel wise, Curl Magic has a slight edge over NYC kinda. The thing is the salon used the nyc gel to do my wash and go and it came out perfectly. Defined but not super curly. It was great. So there's some user error happening on my end when I use the NYC gel at home lol.

That's why I say kinda. If I could recreate what she did in the salon then I'd say NYC has the slight edge over curl magic

OhTall1

I colored my roots with demi Wella Color Charm 5N then did a wash and go. I also used Deva super stretch curl elongator for the first time. The last Deva stylist I went to said that this could be used without gel, so I'm testing it out.

Alma Petra

The NYC Curls Conditioner is one of my favorite leave ins. Idk what's in it that helps define my curls. I also use it to refresh.

Gel wise, Curl Magic has a slight edge over NYC kinda. The thing is the salon used the nyc gel to do my wash and go and it came out perfectly. Defined but not super curly. It was great. So there's some user error happening on my end when I use the NYC gel at home lol.

That's why I say kinda. If I could recreate what she did in the salon then I'd say NYC has the slight edge over curl magic
This is very interesting!
Do you mind if I ask for how long you've been using the NYC conditioner as a leave in? And before that what leave-in you used to pair with UFDCM?
I have naturally frizzy 4b (I believe) curls. It takes a lot of work to define them and it's never perfect, yet it takes a lot of the fluff and the volume away to do so. So I'm going to be looking for better alternatives.. I don't know if our hairs are similar but at least they both like the same gel. Not too many people go for UFDCM here in the board.
Now the other question, what method did the stylist use to apply the products and style your hair? If you watched her..

Alma Petra

I colored my roots with demi Wella Color Charm 5N then did a wash and go. I also used Deva super stretch curl elongator for the first time. The last Deva stylist I went to said that this could be used without gel, so I'm testing it out.
And how are you finding it? I've tried the super cream on its own and it did nothing for my coarse frizzy curls.

oneastrocurlie

This is very interesting!
Do you mind if I ask for how long you've been using the NYC conditioner as a leave in? And before that what leave-in you used to pair with UFDCM?
I have naturally frizzy 4b (I believe) curls. It takes a lot of work to define them and it's never perfect, yet it takes a lot of the fluff and the volume away to do so. So I'm going to be looking for better alternatives.. I don't know if our hairs are similar but at least they both like the same gel. Not too many people go for UFDCM here in the board.
Now the other question, what method did the stylist use to apply the products and style your hair? If you watched her..

I've been using it as leave since August I want to say. I've been using the NYC pre Curl Magic. I've also used Mielle Organics pomegranate leave and kcnt under the curl magic under the curl magic. Both gave nice results. The kcnt was better than the Mielles.

I'm 4a/b too. My curls are tight and can be tiny too.

The stylist just raked the gel through my hair with her fingers while it was super wet and kept wetting along the way. Here's a pic of my hair after my appointment. PhotoGrid_1542060100792~2.jpg

Alma Petra

I've been using it as leave since August I want to say. I've been using the NYC pre Curl Magic. I've also used Mielle Organics pomegranate leave and kcnt under the curl magic under the curl magic. Both gave nice results. The kcnt was better than the Mielles.

I'm 4a/b too. My curls are tight and can be tiny too.

The stylist just raked the gel through my hair with her fingers while it was super wet and kept wetting along the way. Here's a pic of my hair after my appointment. View attachment 437783
Wow this is so beautiful! Popping definition and I love love the color!! How are you finding coloring? Does it at all affect hair negatively? Because I keep thinking that definition shows better on colored hair than black hair. I think that the black hides the curls somehow (don't ask me how lol) and I'd really love to get my hair colored one day.

So are you saying that NYC conditioner under UFDCM is even better than KCKT under UFDCM? Wow you must be kidding me! Because the latter is absolutely my favorourite combo at the moment!
I shingle though rather than rake. Maybe I should try raking? And using lots of water?

This below is from one of my better 2nd day hair days though there is a lot more to be desired. Sorry I don't have a close-up. Also I'm on my phone so I hope that the photo won't be huge.

20181112_223934.jpg

If there is a chance that NYC might play even better with my UFDCM then I'm definitely going to try it, soon. But I'm also hoping to improve my technique. I have only big chopped very recently after a setback (was planning to transition instead) and I'm just starting to recover mentally and be excited about my hair again.

Last edited:

OhTall1

And how are you finding it? I've tried the super cream on its own and it did nothing for my coarse frizzy curls.
When the stylist used it on me a few months ago, I liked it enough to add it to my "things to buy" list. I probably won't really know how I feel about until the next wash. I colored this weekend, so it wasn't just a standard WNG week.