**October 2012 Hits & Misses**

Dposh167

OCTOBER 2012 HITS & MISSES

POST YOUR TRICKS OR TREATS HERE LADIES!!

Dposh167

HIT:
Curls Goddess Curls (target)- its not really a gel like they promote. Its more of a serum. But has no cones. I use this as a finisher. I can put it on top of eco styler gel when i slick my hair back. It gives a nice sheen to the hair, that i can't get unless there is a cone involved. Doesn't dry my hair out at all. I was gonna buy curls in a bottle by CJ for this same thing...but now i got a cheaper alternative.

Treseme Naturals Conditoner- whooooa nelly. this stuff melts my new growth

Babybliss steam flat iron- I got this for $50 bucks on Overstock.com. That is a STEAL. this is the best steam flat iron i have ever had. Knocked my maxiglide down the skreet

Silk Dreams Mocha Hair Milk- This is a better alternative to oyin hairdew. I didn't like hairdew...but this has the same texture. But it makes my hair feel a little more moisturized and silky-ish than the hairdew. a new staple

MISS:
Cream of Nature Argan Pefect Edges- this stuff sux. Its just like all the rest of them edge pomades. Stays down for the first hour or two...then later in the dat its reverted and curled up.

30something

HIT

TRESemme Nourishing Rituals Mud Masque

WOW, this stuff is great! It has impressive ingredients for a drug store "deep conditioner", it actually only has one cone. Its so moisturizing and smoothing. I would go on to say I like it more than Aussie 3 minute miracle. I'm sad that its almost finished.

Mixing Trader Joes Nourish spa with Herbal Essences Long term relationship conditioner for a leave in
Running out of the old HE LTF leave I made this mixture on a whim. OMG it was so successful. Here I was about to drop $14-25 excluding shipping on a new leave in

Dposh167

Hit but miss but still a hit..
HE Honey I'm strong conditioner - This is a hit because it melts in my hair like butter...however...its not really a strengthening conditioner. I knew that going in..but tried it anyway.

gorgeoushair

Blue Magic Argan Oil Mango & Lime Leave-In Conditioner provides my transtioning almost natural hair w/ moisture and softness. I love this as a leave in and a moisturizer.

Blue Magic Coconut Oil Conditioner-I love this a a heat protectant or as a sealant or just to put on your hair to make it soft. This is a grease BTW.

nymane

Revisited Hit: Salerm 21 B5....can't believe I've been sleeping on this leave in for so many years. :love: it Definitely replacing lacio lacio for roller sets

shortt29

nymane said:
Revisited Hit: Salerm 21 B5....can't believe I've been sleeping on this leave in for so many years. :love: it Definitely replacing lacio lacio for roller sets

I actually mix the 2 of them together sometimes :)

leiah

Hit: north american hemp co's moisturizing shampoo
I've never found a sulfate free poo that lathers this much!

Hit: watered down taliah waajid protective mist bodifier
great moisture without buildup

Keshieshimmer

Miss: Hairveda (vatika oil, deep conditioner, whipped ends) It all smells great. But with the long shipping waits and alright products results it is not worth me to buy them. My relaxed hair didn't like it and neither does my natural hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Big Hit:
NaturallyTheStore Thanks Alot @Keshieshimmer :grin:

Continued Hits:
HQS Strawberry Lime Cleansing Conditioner
Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructor

New Hit:
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (finally pulled this one out of my stash) Nice Cowasher

outspokenwallflower

HITS:

creme of nature exotic shine color- wonderful permanent color! Didn't smell offensive, didn't.damage my hair and the results are super pretty and rich. Love this new line of colors!

Pravana Silk Degrees shine treatment- this is a semi/demi permanent shine treatment that actually strengthens and moisturizes your hair. Although the instructions say to mix with a shine serum, a stylist told me it's not necessary and to just use straight out of the tube. This stuff is great... My processed hair felt amazing and like new after using it.

Curl Junkie Rehab- wonderfully thick, lush, moisturizing deep conditioner.

Lissa0821

Hit:
BB Foam wrap lotion - curls are soft, shiny and hold for days
Creme of Nature Argan oil Edge Control - goes on smoother than ORS edge control.

Major Hit:
Removing castor oil completely from my hair regimen
Adding Roux Porosity conditioner to my hair regimen

PJaye

Huge Hit: Using SSI Avocado Conditioner as a leave-in

Huge Miss: Discovering SSI has raised the price of the Avocado Conditioner

WendellaWoody

Major hit: applying oil (coconut, olive or grapeseed) to freshly washed damp AND THEN SEALING with a moisturizing condish! IT'S AWESOME, even though I know it's backwards-- usually seal with the oil. But ,my hair absolutely LOVES it and turns out plump and moisturized! The oil and condish just sink right in and my hair is NEVER greasy like it would be if oiling was the final step.

FYI-I do this when wet-bunning or air drying, but not if roller setting.

Lymegreen

Miss:

Shea Moisture Moisture Milk
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Ok. I picked these up BOGO in September and tried them out for 1 month. The products provide moistrue but they leave my hair too greasy.

Hit:

Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

This can be greasy also if I use to much product. A little goes a long way. I thought my hair didn't like glycerin but apparently it loves a dab of Amla and Olive Heavy cream on freshly washed hair.

beautyaddict1913

Hits:
Claudies jojoba conditioner
Using cj smoothing lotion as a detangler
Bee Mine Deep Conditioner
Pura brazil loc oil
Pura murumuru milk

Continued Hits:
Ufd curly magic
Trigger

Miss:
CJ Pattern Pusha - I may have used too much but it flaked and made my hair super hard. I prefer curly magic anyway

sckri23

Hit: hollywood beauty olive creme hairdress. Its moisturizing and petroleum free.

Miss: finding out s-curl has glycerin and cones. Trying to remember which one doesnt work on the cold.

Sckri23 from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hits!
Blowing my roots dry for winter WnG's
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut...we have a Weeeenerrr!!! :yay:
Sewing some elastic on my Buff to make it more like my LocSoc. Total ghetto moment, but I love it!
Ren by Renpure. Started using it again, and fell back in love. :love3:

soulglo

hit
- using roux porsity contorl on dry hair before shampooing
- rinsing conditioner out with cold water

miss
- sealing with straight oil
- my hair prefers butters

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hits:
tresemme naturals conditioner-moisturizing and detangling
Salerm brushing-super straight hair!

Angelinhell

Miss: egg for a protein treatment:nono:
No I didn't use heat, it cooked a little with just my body heat, and my hair didn't feel any better.

Revisited hit: aphogee products:yep: