October Hits and Misses

caribeandiva

Human being
Miss: Cantu shea butter moisturizing shampoo. :down:

it dried out my hair so much it felt like a clarifying, instead of moisturizing, shampoo. if only i could find my receipt to return it...

shunta

Hey, Tee!!:cool:

Hits: Elasta shampoo for relaxed hair. It leaves my hair extremely soft and manageable and is also ph balanced.

Revisited: Elasta QP recovery. I forgot how good it was until someone started a thread on it. How did I let this sit under my sink for all those weeks?

Misses: none yet:look:

Last edited:

lexi08

Hits: Ultrasheen Duotex
AG Fast Food Leave-in
Qhemet Olive oil Detangler
Redken Cleansing Cream

Revisted Hits:

Silk 2 Moistec Conditioner: I love this stuff, have to order more!
Elucence Moisturing Shampoo

sareca

Ok, what kind of PJs have hits and misses for October on October 1st! *shakes head*

HIT
*Styleone moisturizing conditioner (it seems to my keep hair moist longer, kinda like Keracare Dry & Itchy conditioner)

*This is an early hit. I needs a bit more testing, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Cooyah

Hits:
Glycerin & water mixed with a little suave humectant
these little head bands from Bi-Lo make my twists like presentable again

Revisted Hits:
Biotin
Liquid Multivitamin

BrooklynSouth

I can tell you September was a hit for Miss Key 10 en 1, KUZ reconstructor, FRUCTIS poo and con, ORS olive oil lotion. Big miss for PAUL MITCHELL The Conditioner, dull looking hair but great as overnight foot lotion with socks! {LOL}

Tee

shunta said:
Hey, Tee!!:cool:

Hits: Elasta shampoo for relaxed hair. It leaves my hair extremely soft and manageable and is also ph balanced.

Revisited: Elasta QP recovery. I forgot how good it was until someone started a thread on it. How did I let this sit under my sink for all those weeks?

Misses: none yet:look:

Hey Shunta. I love the QP Recovery also! Thanks for the reviews on the poo.:)

MizaniMami

sareca said:
Ok, what kind of PJs have hits and misses for October on October 1st! *shakes head*

HIT
*Styleone moisturizing conditioner (it seems to my keep hair moist longer, kinda like Keracare Dry & Itchy conditioner)

*This is an early hit. I needs a bit more testing, but so far so good.

*looks at the thread starter* Now we know we got the number one pj starting a thread....

J/k! Letitia, I look forward to your reviews.:D

HoneyDew

Dang it's already October!!!

Well, today I tried Lacio Lacio = HIT!!!

My hair is almost finished airdrying now as I type this and I already love how soft it feels.

Tee

MizaniMami said:
*looks at the thread starter* Now we know we got the number one pj starting a thread....

J/k! Letitia, I look forward to your reviews.:D

Girl, I know you mean no harm!! lol.
huggles. :cheers:

Tee

nikki1971 said:
Hits: Ultrasheen Duotex
AG Fast Food Leave-in
Qhemet Olive oil Detangler
Redken Cleansing Cream

Revisted Hits:

Silk 2 Moistec Conditioner: I love this stuff, have to order more!
Elucence Moisturing Shampoo

I am going to order the sample kit for the Qhemet products. I think that detangler comes in in. Since I am going to try out the Sidr Tree butter anyway, I can get it all on one shipping ticket. (PJ thinking ahead. lol)

Tee

HoneyDew said:
Dang it's already October!!!

Well, today I triedLacio Lacio = HIT!!!

My hair is almost finished airdrying now as I type this and I already love how soft it feels.

Honey Dew, I have always wanted to try this one but I wasn't sure if it was good for airdrying. Thanks for the info. I will add to my 'wish list'.
**October did seem to creep up fast!**

nadine1977canada

Phyto Relaxer Index II ...I will say again and again...THis is the best decision i ever took in my life! I'm phyto girl and there is no turning back

HoneyDew

Letitia said:
Honey Dew, I have always wanted to try this one but I wasn't sure if it was good for airdrying. Thanks for the info. I will add to my 'wish list'.
**October did seem to creep up fast!**

Yes it is very good for airdrying it seems.

And normally I have to put my serum on top of my leave-in for this kind of softness. Today, I am just airdrying with one 619 Fermodyl ampoule ( I use these for detangling) and the Lacio. I love it so far.

Catina72

This is kinda my September hit but definately loving more and more daily! The Qhemet line, especially the Olive Cream instant detangler and the Olive and Honey Hydrating balm. I am loving the managebility, shine, and overall softness I get at 8 weeks post with these two.

Wishin4BSL

Hits: Herbal Essences Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner--can't believe I never used this! I always had it in my stash but I forgot about it!:lol:

NTM leave-in with Africa's Best Herbal Oil---AWESOME when used together! I've gone through 2 bottles of the NTM and I'll be on my third soon!:grin:

Misses: Conditioners and leave-ins without cones. They do nothing for my hair except make it feel clean. No moisture whatsoever.:(

Tee

HoneyDew said:
Yes it is very good for airdrying it seems.

And normally I have to put my serum on top of my leave-in for this kind of softness. Today, I am just airdrying with one 619 Fermodyl ampoule ( I use these for detangling) and the Lacio. I love it so far.

Thanks HoneyDew!

Cheleigh

Hits
My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask: It feels so good going on, and great coming off--perfect for a moisturizing deep conditioner
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner: Love this as a leave-in. Still experimenting as a rinse out.

Jury's Still Out
Elucence conditioner
Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Leave-In
Curls Milkshake
Blended Beauty Happy Nappy and Styling Cream

sareca

nadine1977canada said:
Phyto Relaxer Index II ...I will say again and again...THis is the best decision i ever took in my life! I'm phyto girl and there is no turning back
Say it loud and say it proud! :lachen:

MonaLisa

nadine1977canada said:

Wowwwwwwwwwwww....alright now...:lol: :lol:

*I have three weeks to go until my Phyto hit..*;)

edited: Phyto hit will be this weekend, can't wait anymore! Claiming it a hit already :)

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Miss
Going to the hair salon. I'm under strict orders to make this style last a week, so I can't try any new products.:ohwell:

Tee

Cheleigh said:
Hits
My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask: It feels so good going on, and great coming off--perfect for a moisturizing deep conditioner
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner: Love this as a leave-in. Still experimenting as a rinse out.

Jury's Still Out
Elucence conditioner
Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Leave-In
Curls Milkshake
Blended Beauty Happy Nappy and Styling Cream

I have this Honey Hemp. I have never used it. I will try it out as a leave-in. I am loving Oyin products!!

Does That Banana Leave-In smell good. I am thinking it must. lol. I will wait to see what you think about your other "jury's still out" products.

Divine Inspiration

Revisited Hits =Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo, Nexxus Therappe, Nexxus Humectress, Nexxus Keraphix, coconut oil

Nexxus used to be my staple line and for some reason, I strayed from it. After last night, I remember why I used it so faithfully. It got rid of tangles, matting, hard hair, and dull hair and gave me soft lush hair this morning. I am VERY pleased with the performance of these products.

I always see my coconut oil in my cabinet, but I never reach for it when it's time to seal my hair. It gave me shine and manageability today after mixing it with Giovanni Direct as a leave-in. :up:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I tried Henna for the first time today and it was a hit in the conditioning deparment.
Revist: Humectress as my DC I don't know if it was the combination of the two or one of the other but my hair felt like silk when I rinsed the cond. out. ( I never use humectress alone as a DC, always my dominican cond. but I may have to do this more often.)

shunta

Divine Inspiration said:
Revisited Hits =Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo, Nexxus Therappe, Nexxus Humectress, Nexxus Keraphix, coconut oil

Nexxus used to be my staple line and for some reason, I strayed from it. After last night, I remember why I used it so faithfully. It got rid of tangles, matting, hard hair, and dull hair and gave me soft lush hair this morning. I am VERY pleased with the performance of these products.

I always see my coconut oil in my cabinet, but I never reach for it when it's time to seal my hair. It gave me shine and manageability today after mixing it with Giovanni Direct as a leave-in. :up:
Ok, thats it!! Im going out to buy some Giovanni Direct this weekend!!:lol: Everyone keeps talking about it. Where are you guys getting it from again??