October Hits and Misses

mkstar826

supersonic
Letitia said:
You ladies are going to make me get that Cherry Almond Bark!

GET IT!!! I wasn't expecting it to be so moisturizing but is and it's nice and thick too so a a little goes a long way for the price.

MonaLisa said:
I will be seeking out these clips.... need something like this, non metal

They are really good. They don't snag like a lot of the clips I've used.

KathyMay

Adding to the list

Hit ORS Olive oil moisturizer very nice

waiting for CD's Some of Marguarita's Magic and BBD stretch creme

KathyMay

I LUBBB THIS CONDITIONER!! Leaves me with a nice slip and softens my new growth.

shunta said:
Hit: Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner. Can you say slip city? And I dont give a darn if it has mineral oil!!! Lol!:lol: :lol:

LovelyLionessa

shunta said:
Yeah, I was thinking about Priestess when I bought this, too!:lol: Girl, you are too funny with with pjism!:lachen:

Shunta and Letitia, y'all are too much! That conditioner is amazing!! It works great as a leave-in too. I have a million bottles stockpiled in my closet from when Proclaim was on sale last month. :eyebrows2

prettywhitty

Hits: ORS olive oil moisturizer(mineral oil free)
Care Free curl spray
Silk Elements Moisturizing treatment
Aphogee (the big one)
bunning and flexi-rod sets

Misses: Hating to type this, but I am thinking Silk Elements relaxer is a miss for me. I have a very underprocessed left sided head right now.

Tee

Priestess said:
Shunta and Letitia, y'all are too much! That conditioner is amazing!! It works great as a leave-in too. I have a million bottles stockpiled in my closet from when Proclaim was on sale last month. :eyebrows2

So you know this one will magically appear in my stock right? :rofl:

Tee

Miz Jackson said:
Hits: ORS olive oil moisturizer(mineral oil free)
Care Free curl spray
Silk Elements Moisturizing treatment
Aphogee (the big one)
bunning and flexi-rod sets

Misses: Hating to type this, but I am thinking Silk Elements relaxer is a miss for me. I have a very underprocessed left sided head right now.

You have two of my fav products on the list. I need to learn how to flexi-rod set. I think that is such a pretty look!

Tee

mkstar826 said:
GET IT!!! I wasn't expecting it to be so moisturizing but is and it's nice and thick too so a a little goes a long way for the price.

They are really good. They don't snag like a lot of the clips I've used.

Okay. Thanks mkstar!! Good to know a product I was watching get the :up: I will get it.

Tee

Okay...I had to add my last few products in here for the month.

Hits:
Fantasia IC Aloe/Vitamin Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer. Good stuff.

On The Fence:
Oyin Greg Juice. It's okay. I am not crazy about the smell. It was good on my wet hair. ONce it dried, I am not so sure.:perplexed I do not think I will buy this again. Every time I turn my headI get a get whiff of it. The smell is not working for me. Sure I could add EO's to it, but if I do all that, I can just make my own.

Last edited:

LovelyLionessa

Letitia said:
So you know this one will magically appear in my stock right? :rofl:

Fo' sure! :grin:

Hits:
Thermasilk Straight & Smooth Leave-In Cream
I used this before Maxigliding and it made my hair straight and silky. :drunk:

NTM Mask as a pre poo: I know this product gets mixed reviews and a whole lot of hateration, but I had some of this lying around and decided to use it mixed with Suave Milk & Honey. It made my hair feel so good, even after shampooing and before deep conditioning. :p

Bunning: Whether as a protective style or to re-set wild airdried ends, this simple style works wonders. :yep:

Namilani

Gotta get this in quickly before the still recovering pj in me has to post for November!

Hits:
Conditioner washes
Pre-pooing (V05 Moisture Milks/Smooth & Calm, Suave, Cholesterol...)
Towel/steam treating
Motions Moisture-Plus after conditioner washing
Perm Repair Setting Lotion after conditioner washes
Wal-Mart one-a-days (minus the extra hair EVERYWHERE!!)

Misses:
None. No longer trying new stuff while I can control the urge :lol: !

CAPlush

Hit: Hollywood beauty olive oil creme

Miss: A, get this, comb-happy stylist. I couldn't get her to stop raking with one of those extra-fine tooth combs!!! My hair was freshly relaxed so she wasn't breaking any hairs, but I only run my comb (wide-toothed)through my hair once a day, max, so I was really uncomfortable :perplexed

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Hits
Suave Naturals Fresh mountain Strawberry Shampoo
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

Misses
Garnier Body and Volume Shampoo
Pantene Brunette Expressions Toffe to Almond Shampoo and Conditioner

On the Fence
Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave In Conditioner

locabouthair

hits: mizani lye relaxer, just ried it today and my hair actually looks like i have a perm and it didnt burn that much

mss: motions left me underprocessed and it looked like a perm never touched my head.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Hits:
Qhemet Olive Cream Conditioning Instant Detangler :love:

On the fence (but purchased more anyway):
Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea

Miss:
Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream :nono:

Will be testing and give a November review:
Qhemet Sidr Tree Hair Butter Balm
Qhemet Amla Oil Pomade

dlewis

Hits:

Sulfur 8 medicated shampoo
pure castile soap
Jhirmack for grey

misses
amla powder uses as a hair mask - to hard to rinse out, had to poo/condition/poo/condition/poo/deep condition and use a leave it. But my hair feels great and looks darker.

I'll just keeps uses the amla powder as a rinse.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
dlewis said:
Hits:

Sulfur 8 medicated shampoo
pure castile soap
Jhirmack for grey

misses
amla powder uses as a hair mask - to hard to rinse out, had to poo/condition/poo/condition/poo/deep condition and use a leave it. But my hair feels great and looks darker.

I'll just keeps uses the amla powder as a rinse.

OT: Congratulations on your length making it to the top of the chair :clapping:

shunta

EMJazzy said:
OT: Congratulations on your length making it to the top of the chair :clapping:
I was noticing that earlier, too. She got some serious growth in a matter of 2-3 wks. Good job Dlewis!;) Sorry to hijack the thread.

preciousjewel76

EMJazzy said:
Hits:
Qhemet Olive Cream Conditioning Instant Detangler :love:

On the fence (but purchased more anyway):
Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea

Miss:
Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream :nono:

Will be testing and give a November review:
Qhemet Sidr Tree Hair Butter Balm
Qhemet Amla Oil Pomade

I'm on the fence about the Olive Cream Detangler. I'm not sure how to use it on my hair. When I tried to use it on my damp hair to detangle, it didn't seem to do much. I LOVE the Amla Oil Pomade for my scalp/new growth, though.

LaShanne

HITS:
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Serum! (Thanks Sylver2:)) My hair has never felt so soft and smooth. I cant keep my hands out of my hair.

Dabur Amla Oil: I use it as an overnite pre-poo, (courtesy of DLewis:)) I dont know if this why my hair is so shiny, but I'm 6 wks post relaxer and so far it's keeping my new growth in check.

ON THE FENCE:
Reshma Henna: I love the color and strength but I experienced major shedding/breakage. I'm giving my hair a 3 wk henna break but I'll try it again. I really want it to work.

MISS:
Nexxus Aloe Rid: It left my hair tangled and matted. It was my first clarifying experience so I thought thats the way it was supposed to feel. I didnt like it, though.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
preciousjewel76 said:
I'm on the fence about the Olive Cream Detangler. I'm not sure how to use it on my hair. When I tried to use it on my damp hair to detangle, it didn't seem to do much. I LOVE the Amla Oil Pomade for my scalp/new growth, though.

The detangler cream had the same effect on my daughter's hair that the BTZ Noodlehead had on Pokahontas' hair....amazing waves and curls, the BTZ Noodlehead has the same effect on her hair also :love:

I'm looking forward to checking out the Amla Oil Pomade.

preciousjewel76

Hits:yay:: S-Curl (mixed with a little jojoba oil), Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, Elucence MB Shampoo & Conditioner, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus, Beyond the Zone Stiff Head, Qhemet Biologics Amla Pomade, my new falls/half wigs, AG Fast Food Leave On Conditioner, Jasons Sea Kelp Conditioner

Misses:nono:: Elasta QP Mango Butter, Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner

Maybes:ohwell:: ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion (in the bottle), Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler

tenderheaded

Hits:

Dulhan Deluxe Heena Powder (1.49 for 3.5 oz local) My skunk spot looks pretty and my hair feels thicker. It dries faster too

Dabur Amla Oil (3.99 for 20oz):eek:

Dabur Vatika Oil (1.99 for 6.76oz)

A big "THANK YOU" to Vixxen. The prices at the local Indian store are unbelievable. I never would have tried these products if I hadn't found them locally. Now I can't stay out of the Indian store:lol:

Dogmd

Hits...

Beyond the Zone Hair Mender- keeps my ends smooth and silky
Beyond the Zone Busted -extreme hair fuel - wonderful hemp oil conditioner. MELTS YOUR HAIR
Beyond the Zone TRIPPED OUT- aloe claryfying shampoo.

Sally's had a sale on BTZ ... I am glad I decided to try these. Buy 2 get one free!!

ORS replenishing pak - I was pretty impressed.
IC. Frizz serum- works well mixed with Giovanni direct leave in followed by oil to seal you ends while airdyring.

Misses...

Salerm 21- still can't figure out how to use it. It made my hair hard ans stiff.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
B_Phlyy said:
Hits
Suave Naturals Fresh mountain Strawberry Shampoo

Misses
Pantene Brunette Expressions Toffe to Almond Shampoo and Conditioner

On the Fence
Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave In Conditioner

Since it is still October, this technically where they are supposed to go.

Final Verdict

Hits
Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Shampoo
Revisited
Roux Porosity Control Conditioner
ORS Olive Oil Mousse
John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Conditioner

Misses
Pantene Brunette Expressions Toffee to Almond Shampoo and Conditioner
Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave-In Conditioner
Dove Advanced Color Care Radiance Enhancing Treatment

YellowButterfly

HIT:
Giovanni Sunset Styling Lotion - I use it over the Direct Leave-In conditioner and do the ponytail method of air drying or allow it to dry under the hair dryer. Results is silky smooth bouncy straight look with just the right amount of body with no need for any other heat application. I can take it out of the ponytail and comb it down and go. (sometimes I add a roller to the end of the ponytail and sometimes just shape it with my hand). It is way better than when I tried to flat iron my hair because it just would not lay right and I felt I was damaging it. So the ponytail method is a hit too.
Thanks to whoever invented it. :)

adw425

Hit:
Peach kernel oil
Myhoneychild Buttery Soy Hair Creme
Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm
JASON Natural sea kelp conditioner
Natures Blessings hair pomade
Adding honeyquat, castor oil and rosewater to my moisturizing conditioning mix -- moisture on steroids!

Miss:
Proclaim Shea Butter and Aloe conditioner -- just sat there on my hair and did nothing, very disappointed as I made a special trip to Sally's to buy it

Not Really a Miss, but Expected More Because of all the Raves:
ORS Replenishing Pak