OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

MACGlossChick

So I did my relaxer today and I'm currently sitting with the Ion (Olaplex dupe) step 1 in my hair now, and about to put step 2 over it in a few. I did a stand alone treatment as described in a YouTube video I saw. It said to mix the vial with 4 oz of water. I thought that would be way too much for my length and density, so I halved it and that was more than enough. Depending on how this goes I may purchase more and do it monthly. I also may mix it into my relaxer and possibly my neutralizing conditioner as well.

vevster

So I did my relaxer today and I'm currently sitting with the Ion (Olaplex dupe) step 1 in my hair now, and about to put step 2 over it in a few. I did a stand alone treatment as described in a YouTube video I saw. It said to mix the vial with 4 oz of water. I thought that would be way too much for my length and density, so I halved it and that was more than enough. Depending on how this goes I may purchase more and do it monthly. I also may mix it into my relaxer and possibly my neutralizing conditioner as well.

How did you end up liking this? I just put it in my hair. I liked the products they smelled great. I realized they do have silicones, but I've relaxed on that since I shampoo more. I will see how my hair looks once it dries....

GettingKinky

For the first time in my life I have heat damage and I'm so depressed. Before I completely accept my fate, I'm thinking of trying olaplex. Where should I buy it to make sure I'm getting the real thing?
Has anyone had any luck with olaplex repairing heat damage?

Last edited:

Sally.

For the first time in my life I have heat damage and I'm so depressed. Before I completely accept my fate, I'm thinking of trying olaplex. Where should I buy it to make sure I'm getting the real thing?
Has anyone had any luck with olaplex repairing heat damage?
you can try buying it from one of the salons that carry it: https://locator.olaplex.com/
but i think some salons only sell the No. 3 when I hear its pointless without doing the No. 1 and No. 2 treatment.

Sally.

Always! And I’ve bought it a few times from the same person and my hair feels and looks great.
Can you share or PM me the seller? I was thinking that maybe I needed to have it done at a salon especially since salons only sell the No.3 to customers, but if I can find a legit retailer I’ll do it myself.

Daina

I've also purchased it on Amazon with no issues. @GettingKinky, you really do need steps 1 and 2, that is the most intense treatment. I had severe heat damage and while I still had to trim Olaplex kept me from having to big chop and allowed me to transition through the damage because I'm not about the BC life. I used it religiously for 6 months and it was a game changer for me.

AgeinATL

I've also purchased it on Amazon with no issues. @GettingKinky, you really do need steps 1 and 2, that is the most intense treatment. I had severe heat damage and while I still had to trim Olaplex kept me from having to big chop and allowed me to transition through the damage because I'm not about the BC life. I used it religiously for 6 months and it was a game changer for me.

Do you remember the seller that you bought it from? Thanks!

Daina

@AgeinATL, I purchased from Absolute Beauty Solutions back in 2016 which is the last time I purchased. I just checked and it appears Amazon no longer sells the stylist mini travel kit which is what I purchased and included step 1 and two step 2's.

Sally.

I found the stand alone treatment being sold on amazon by "zone deals". Does anyone know if this is the real thing?
i checked it out but since there are no reviews, i'm wary of it. also, i don't like to order beauty products from any company that doesn't offer prime shipping.

icsonia22

I ordered mine this morning. I can't wait to see how well it works. I'm hoping for stronger hair that doesn't break as easily. I use aphogee 2 step protein treatment now so I'm hoping the olaplex will complement that and help me retain length. I doubt it'll reverse any heat damage but i won't be mad if it doesn't since the heat damage keeps the single strand knots at bay.

bellatiamarie

Any olaplex updates?

I ordered 1, 2, and 3 from overstock.com and I used 1 and 2 yesterday. I shampoo’d and then did the olaplex treatment and then washed and conditioned and blew out my hair and flat ironed it. My hair felt stronger and much more healthy after I used the olaplex. I’m going to try to use step 3 weekly and 1 and 2 monthly and see how it works. Hoping it helps with this shedding. My hair is natural btw.

Black Ambrosia

I ordered 1, 2, and 3 from overstock.com and I used 1 and 2 yesterday. I shampoo’d and then did the olaplex treatment and then washed and conditioned and blew out my hair and flat ironed it. My hair felt stronger and much more healthy after I used the olaplex. I’m going to try to use step 3 weekly and 1 and 2 monthly and see how it works. Hoping it helps with this shedding. My hair is natural btw.
You can get this from overstock? I just had a treatment at the salon. Next time I may do it at home.

icsonia22

I currently have step 2 of olaplex's system in my hair right now and so far idk how i feel about it. I ordered it from eBay so hopefully it's legit.

Here is my story

Last March i decided i wanted to heat train my 4b natural hair because i was fed up with single strand knots and i wanted cooperative ends. I was also 4 months pregnant so i was thinking clearly but anywho...

I used ion's keratin treatment which required 5-7 passes. I thought something in the keratin treatment would make my hair straighter while protecting it from damage. Boy was i wrong.

I've managed to somewhat contain the damage with aphogee 2 step protein treatment but that eventually wears off so i want something a bit more permanent.

Here's what the olaplex looked like out of the packaging
IMG_20180127_183703-1214x1619.jpg i compared all of the ingredients on the label to the ingredients i found on the olaplex app. Neither my batch nor the app's list of ingredients listed protein.
I flat ironed my hair about a week ago and I've been applying olive oil through out the week. I started with this hair. IMG_20180127_192236-1214x1618.jpg

I first shampooed my hair using Pantene moisturizing shampoo to get rid of the oil and serums in my hair. This was freshly washed hair before i
applied any olaplex. IMG_20180127_193756-1214x1618.jpg IMG_20180127_193737-1214x1618.jpg

I applied step one olaplex and let it sit for 90 minutes. This is what my hair looked like after step one.
IMG_20180127_212231-1214x1618.jpg IMG_20180127_212247-1214x1618.jpg
I currently have step 2 in so I'll come back with a final update. My hope is that it'll strengthen my heat damaged ends and help me keep breakage to a minimum. If a piece of straight hair curls up, that'll just be an added bonus but I'm not expecting any miracles.

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_193737-1214x1618.jpg
    IMG_20180127_193737-1214x1618.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 51

icsonia22

Update: after rinsing step 2 out, i deep conditioned overnight with the tgin honey miracle mask. Here are the final results.

I don't see much improvement in terms of curl definition but i didnt really expect to. My hair is not breaking but that could be attributed to the aphogee 2 step protein treatment i did a little over a week ago. I think the verdict is still out on olaplex. IMG_20180128_101646-979x1305.jpg IMG_20180128_101708-979x1305.jpg IMG_20180128_101513-979x1305.jpg IMG_20180128_101428-979x1305.jpg
I'm going to keep documenting to check for any changes or overall improvement over time.

Evolving78

Update: after rinsing step 2 out, i deep conditioned overnight with the tgin honey miracle mask. Here are the final results.

I don't see much improvement in terms of curl definition but i didnt really expect to. My hair is not breaking but that could be attributed to the aphogee 2 step protein treatment i did a little over a week ago. I think the verdict is still out on olaplex. View attachment 422991 View attachment 422993 View attachment 422995 View attachment 422997
I'm going to keep documenting to check for any changes or overall improvement over time.
Thank you so much for your review!