OLAPLEX: Hair Game Changer?

Aggie

I used #s 1, 2, 4, and 5 on Saturday past. My hair is getting better with time using these products thankfully. My damaged colored spots are shrinking like crazy now and not all stretched out anymore. So I know it's doing it's job very well.

demlew

Still hanging with: 0, 3, 5, 7, 8. Waiting on 6. Should be here tomorrow.

Looked at 4n1:help:

:fistshake: to all ya'll 4n1 folks!:laugh:

I used the 4n1 with a heat cap today after my henna gloss. My hair feels so awesome that I can't stop touching it! And now my hair lady is going on another trip, so I may be at 12 or 13 weeks before she can do my relaxer. I don't like this involuntary stretching she's got me doing lol I'm not good at doing it myself, so I'll keep waiting :-(

LushLox

I used the 4n1 with a heat cap today after my henna gloss. My hair feels so awesome that I can't stop touching it! And now my hair lady is going on another trip, so I may be at 12 or 13 weeks before she can do my relaxer. I don't like this involuntary stretching she's got me doing lol I'm not good at doing it myself, so I'll keep waiting :-(

Thanks for enabling me. I've got 4 in 1 in my cart now, I can't take anymore! :lol:

secretdiamond

I have my license and a couple of months ago Cosmoprof was doing a special where if you bought some Olaplex products you get the 4n1 for free. So I bought another traveling stylist kit for $65 and got the mask free. I’ve only used the mask once but my hair felt amazing.

Me, now trying to find ways to get my hands on the 4n1. lol

abioni

How do you know if an Olaplex product is authentic? Saw a 1 and 2 Olaplex kit on Ebay, a lot of reviews said it's authentic but you never know. One of the product images was a QR code, it took me to Olaplex's website but not a specific page.

Last edited:

Kitamita

FYI Ladies Epres Beauty

An Inventor of Olaplex Just Launched His Own Brand​

Meet Epres, damaged hair’s new best friend.
BY TATJANA FREUNDPUBLISHED: OCT 4, 2022

epres

EPRES
“I was the scientist behind it. It started in my garage.” Eric Pressly is talking about Olaplex, the cult-favorite haircare brand credited with saving damaged, over-processed hair. Olaplex introduced us to the idea of “bond-building” haircare—products that can prevent or repair damage by strengthening the bonds that make up our hair’s internal structure. And now, years after kicking off one of the most successful haircare brands on the market, Pressly is back at it with a brand of his own, Epres, and new products that will be coveted by those seeking hair nirvana. “It’s the best bond builder,” says Pressly.

Bond Repair Treatment​

Bond Repair Treatment
Now 75% Off
$12 at epres.com
“We’re a trustworthy, science-led brand. So what we say we can do, we prove it. And we do it,” says Pressly. “We make claims about being the best in the space, and you can back it up with the performance of the product.” So what are the products that the newly minted Epres is launching? The first one is the Professional Bond Repair, a salon-only product that helps keep hair strong during chemical services—such as bleaching, perming, and relaxing—without disturbing the pH levels, a common factor that results in hair damage. “A lot of damage that people have is from the bleaching in the salon,” says Pressly. “And if you can stop it before it starts, then you’re in a much better position to deal with it going forward.” The Professional Bond Repair is also formulated without acid, which means professionals don’t have to be too concerned with precise measuring when they use it during chemical treatments.

epres

EPRES
The second product launching is the Bond Repair Treatment Kit, which addresses damage that’s already occurred. The kit comes with two bottles of an oil-based concentrate—the active ingredients, if you will—and a spray bottle. First, you pour a concentrate bottle into the spray bottle, then you fill it with water. Give it a shake, then saturate your hair with the mixture. “More is more,” says Pressly. “The water part will evaporate out, and then the oil part that we added will stick, and it’ll continue to keep repairing your hair.” The concentrate method serves another purpose as well: “We’re free of as much stuff as possible,” says Pressly. “Silicon, fragrance, preservatives. And part of that is why we have to concentrate. That allows us to go preservative-free.”

After soaking my hair with the Bond Repair Treatment, the effects were nearly immediate. As someone with (bleached, unhappy) curls, traditional cream bond-building treatments can be difficult for me to apply. The mist, on the other hand, made it easy to evenly coat my entire head. When I washed it out the next day, my hair was softer and completely frizz-free. “I recommend [leaving the product in for] either 10 minutes or overnight,” says Pressly. “[The hair is] definitely smoother and shinier and stronger. Frizz is down for a long period of time.”
This is an image

EPRES
After Olaplex, Pressly didn’t think he would stay in the haircare space. “I was scientist with a broad background, so I wanted find my next adventure,” he says. “I got hit with a wave of creativity being locked up in a small space in COVID, and part of that wave of creativity led to this brand.” Pressly is well aware that bond-building haircare has exploded over the past decade. “Being around in the beginning of this category, and as an innovator, sometimes you want to make something that didn’t exist before. And then you want to make something better than everything else that exists,” he says. “I’ve done the former, we’re now doing the latter of making it better at solving for inefficiencies. And making things simpler. We say it internally, and it sounds maybe a bit arrogant, but we want to be the Apple of haircare.”

Epres officially launches today at epres.com. The Professional Bond Repair retails for $79, and the Bond Repair Treatment Kit retails for $48. Additional concentrate refills can be bought separately in packs of two for $34.

oneastrocurlie

I used the No. 5 (conditioner) for the first time along with 0 & 3 in the same wash day. Now idk if I'm imagining things but my wash and go has a little more oomph. The definition is more definition-ing. The shrinkage isn't as shrink-y, so I have a little bit more hang time. Hmm. I wish the slip was a little better but I was conservative considering the price of this stuff.

Will maybe use a few wash days in a row to see what shakes.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I had my best wash day EVER last night using 0,3,4 and 5. The rough patch at my crown, that I couldn’t smooth no matter what, is soft and supple. I took down my twists and almost cried. I can’t remember the last time my hair looked or felt like this. Will definitely be using these products weekly or biweekly. Currently have a cart waiting for check out on the Ulta app. Trying to see if they’re gonna give me a few pennies off since their BF sale starts in a few hours.

LushLox

How many of you guys have tried washing your hair before applying No 3? If you've used heavy moisturisers, oils, gels, Olaplex may not be as effective as it's supposed to work better on hair with minimal/no product on it.

I've never concerned myself with this as I am so light with product during the week, but the products themselves can be quite heavy. So even though it's a bit of a faff, for my next wash I'm going to lightly shampoo, use No 3 and then I'm going to shampoo it out. Yeah it's another step, especially as I will have to wait until my hair has most of the water removed, but if I can get the product to be even more effective for me then it's a win.

GettingKinky

How many of you guys have tried washing your hair before applying No 3? If you've used heavy moisturisers, oils, gels, Olaplex may not be as effective as it's supposed to work better on hair with minimal/no product on it.

I've never concerned myself with this as I am so light with product during the week, but the products themselves can be quite heavy. So even though it's a bit of a faff, for my next wash I'm going to lightly shampoo, use No 3 and then I'm going to shampoo it out. Yeah it's another step, especially as I will have to wait until my hair has most of the water removed, but if I can get the product to be even more effective for me then it's a win.
I don’t wash before using no 3, but I rinse really well in the sink before I use it. But since I rinse in the sink I don’t have to hop in and out of the shower.

Theresamonet

@LushLox

I always wash before No 3. I contacted Olaplex about this, and was told it was perfectly okay to do so, and “the cleaner, the better” when applying the treatment. They also said that I do not have to wash again after rinsing the treatment out, as long as I condition afterwards.

ETA: Here on the Olaplex site, they instruct to apply no 0 to clean damp hair (even though the bottle says apply to dry hair). So if you use no 0, you can also do it after washing.

Last edited:

GGsKin

I tend to shampoo before applying no.3. My hair usually has some week-old gel (possibly some leave-in), so I like to know my hair is clean and damp.

lindseyerinc

FYI Ladies Epres Beauty

An Inventor of Olaplex Just Launched His Own Brand​

Meet Epres, damaged hair’s new best friend.
BY TATJANA FREUNDPUBLISHED: OCT 4, 2022

epres

EPRES
“I was the scientist behind it. It started in my garage.” Eric Pressly is talking about Olaplex, the cult-favorite haircare brand credited with saving damaged, over-processed hair. Olaplex introduced us to the idea of “bond-building” haircare—products that can prevent or repair damage by strengthening the bonds that make up our hair’s internal structure. And now, years after kicking off one of the most successful haircare brands on the market, Pressly is back at it with a brand of his own, Epres, and new products that will be coveted by those seeking hair nirvana. “It’s the best bond builder,” says Pressly.

Bond Repair Treatment​

Bond Repair Treatment
Now 75% Off
$12 at epres.com
“We’re a trustworthy, science-led brand. So what we say we can do, we prove it. And we do it,” says Pressly. “We make claims about being the best in the space, and you can back it up with the performance of the product.” So what are the products that the newly minted Epres is launching? The first one is the Professional Bond Repair, a salon-only product that helps keep hair strong during chemical services—such as bleaching, perming, and relaxing—without disturbing the pH levels, a common factor that results in hair damage. “A lot of damage that people have is from the bleaching in the salon,” says Pressly. “And if you can stop it before it starts, then you’re in a much better position to deal with it going forward.” The Professional Bond Repair is also formulated without acid, which means professionals don’t have to be too concerned with precise measuring when they use it during chemical treatments.

epres

EPRES
The second product launching is the Bond Repair Treatment Kit, which addresses damage that’s already occurred. The kit comes with two bottles of an oil-based concentrate—the active ingredients, if you will—and a spray bottle. First, you pour a concentrate bottle into the spray bottle, then you fill it with water. Give it a shake, then saturate your hair with the mixture. “More is more,” says Pressly. “The water part will evaporate out, and then the oil part that we added will stick, and it’ll continue to keep repairing your hair.” The concentrate method serves another purpose as well: “We’re free of as much stuff as possible,” says Pressly. “Silicon, fragrance, preservatives. And part of that is why we have to concentrate. That allows us to go preservative-free.”

After soaking my hair with the Bond Repair Treatment, the effects were nearly immediate. As someone with (bleached, unhappy) curls, traditional cream bond-building treatments can be difficult for me to apply. The mist, on the other hand, made it easy to evenly coat my entire head. When I washed it out the next day, my hair was softer and completely frizz-free. “I recommend [leaving the product in for] either 10 minutes or overnight,” says Pressly. “[The hair is] definitely smoother and shinier and stronger. Frizz is down for a long period of time.”
This is an image

EPRES
After Olaplex, Pressly didn’t think he would stay in the haircare space. “I was scientist with a broad background, so I wanted find my next adventure,” he says. “I got hit with a wave of creativity being locked up in a small space in COVID, and part of that wave of creativity led to this brand.” Pressly is well aware that bond-building haircare has exploded over the past decade. “Being around in the beginning of this category, and as an innovator, sometimes you want to make something that didn’t exist before. And then you want to make something better than everything else that exists,” he says. “I’ve done the former, we’re now doing the latter of making it better at solving for inefficiencies. And making things simpler. We say it internally, and it sounds maybe a bit arrogant, but we want to be the Apple of haircare.”

Epres officially launches today at epres.com. The Professional Bond Repair retails for $79, and the Bond Repair Treatment Kit retails for $48. Additional concentrate refills can be bought separately in packs of two for $34.
Did you end up trying?

Kitamita

Did you end up trying?
Sadly no. I missed the launch discount and wanted to try to get it on black Friday but my mother passed the week before Thanksgiving, so I missed that as well. I have been leaning toward getting K18 though... But I am still interested maybe if they have a Christmas sale.