Have you guys heard of shea-mu oil

sunkissedbronze

Hey ladies,

I found this website that has this product I want to try it but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it or tried it....

Oh yeah: It's from the Long hair lovers website: www.longhairlovers.com

Shea-mu Hair Butter:

The Emu Oil Hair Treatment

Longhairlovers Shea-mu Hair Butter (pronounced "shay-moo") contains 20% pure Emu Oil, a remarkable substance that has been proven to penetrate the scalp and reach the hair follicles below.

In addition, Emu Oil has the ability to carry other healthy hair ingredients deep into the follicle, such as our special blend of Rosemary, Cedarwood, Thyme, and Lavender essential oils - oils that are proven to stimulate healthy hair growth (according to the Archives of Dermatology).

Michael Hollick, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Medicine, Physiology, and Dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine conducted a study involving emu oil and hair growth. His study found that there was a 20% increase in growth activity of skin that received emu oil, compared to skin that received corn oil. Looking at the hair follicles, Dr. Hollick realized they were much more robust, the skin thickness was remarkably increased, suggesting that emu oil stimulated skin growth and hair growth. Additionally, the study showed that over 80% of hair follicles that had been "asleep" were woken up, and began growing.

--Drug & Cosmetic Industry magazine (Jan. 1996)

We've combined our emu oil with natural shea butter from the African magnifolia tree. Shea butter is renowned for moisturizing the scalp, healing scalp conditions and lubricating dry, damaged hair.

To fully benefit from the healing, regenerating properties of Shea-mu Hair Butter, warm a dollop betweeen hands and massage into your scalp. Leave on as long as you like before shampooing. Excellent for lubricating dry hair ends as well as parched skin.

We're Proud of our Ingredients!
Shea Butter, Emu Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Essential Oils of Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Cedarwood.

Concentrated Formula Contains No Mineral Oil or Fillers
We use Shea Butter and Hemp Seed Oil for their exceptional moisturizing properties.

$24.95

LaNecia

I saw this item there a few weeks ago, at the time I would have tried it. The ingredients look promising! :yep:

sunkissedbronze

well ladies I will try this product next I guess( the pj in me is truly bad) but I am waiting on my order from Inky products the Nappaliscious Nutritious Hair growth product the stuff in it were too good to pass up!!!

90% Organic ingredients - Certified 100% Vegan
inky's best selling organic scalp butter was made to nutrify your naps and stimulate your scalp. A concoction of over 17 different amazing ingredients (not including the community traded, traditionally extracted, unrefined exotic butters and oils). A mega rich infusion of naturally nourishing and scalp stimulating goodies including tumeric, black pepper, organic sulfur, cayenne and Cape Snow Bush (herb indigenous to South Africa) and a cast of other amazing ingredients blended together in a tea of herbs. NO Bees or Veggie waxes!
Has a herbally floral essence. Is light, melts quickly and isn't greasy or waxy. A small amount goes a long way. So it should last a long time, a very rich and potent treatment type formula. Promotes healthy hair and growth. Good for stimulating balding areas. Scalp may tingle, itch or feel heated from being stimulated and increased blood flow. Think "Lip venom" for the scalp.

Directions: Part hair and apply to the entire scalp nightly or every other night and drink lots of water.

dlewis

Great info, just reminded me to reorder emu oil. I already have some shea butter, I may try this.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I tried it and had great results. I used it on my ends, and they were no longer crunchy. I also used it on my scalp, when I first got my braids. It kept my scalp moisturized and healthy. It's expensive but a little goes a long way.

sareca

I make a similar oil. It has avocado, emu, and shea. I use it on my face after microdermabrasion and on my hair.