omgah, she is beyond floor length!

NYDee

Her hair looks nice but I believe locked hair length can be faked since dead hair can be locked into the hair.

mech

growing 19 feet of hair isn't an accomplishment because she has locks?

can i get the logic behind this plz

mech

whatever, screw the logic. i have locks and i know when i grow my hair to my goal of tail length, i will definitely be longhairdontcare'ing it. pshhhhhhh brickwall

Cherokee-n-Black

How was it discovered (the extensions)? She has a blog entry that says they went through some protracted process to verify that the hair was natural prior to giving her the title.

Who outed her--and how? I think the logic is that dreads can be faked due to the locking aspect (no abilility to see one continuous strand). Just a guess.

kupenda

Ew. That's a no. I feel pressure washing 12 inches of sewn in weave. Imagine how heavy that ish is!?!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF...I'm addicted!!

Embyra

What causes that to happen when folks have locks?

Do the locks get to heavy and cause tension on the scalp causing locks to fall out?

I've seen this before and I wondered what caused it.

yup i think its the weight of hair/size of the individual locs i have seen people with short hair with it as well

Nonie

How was it discovered (the extensions)? She has a blog entry that says they went through some protracted process to verify that the hair was natural prior to giving her the title.

Who outed her--and how? I think the logic is that dreads can be faked due to the locking aspect (no ability to see one continuous strand). Just a guess.

Cherokee-n-Black, those were my exact questions because I do remember the verification account--and weren't there photos taken at the time too? :scratchch

Here's what she has to say on the "fraud" allegations: http://soulfulbeauty.com/article.php?n=754

Misseyl

Me no likey... Locks are nice if they are separated, not bongo natty, and they don't need to be that long. As a matter of fact, it just looks unsanitary. Not a fan of that much locks at all.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Did she say that????

Yessir! Here she is clearing it up (grabbed it from the article Nonie posted) :rolleyes::

In Response To Being of Mixed Race:

2yrs years ago when i won the record, articles and links of me end up in places I never heard of. I started learning how to surf the net and found afrobella site after doing a search on my name. Then i realised that the "mixed race" comment i used in reference to hair growth was taken way out of context (see video) and i was so ashamed, i decided to introduce myself...and apoligise for the comment... i didn't mean mixed race as in black n white...i meant mixed as in my mom being chinese n black and my father being dutch n black.
I believe she is full of ish because her story does not add up and her locs are ENTIRELY too long for the length of time that she has grown them. Check out her video on the morning news if you don't believe me. :look: They stretch homie's hair all the way out :look:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5613712n

And yes, no school lesson for me, I know that locs are composed of shed hair and hair still attached to the scalp. Her locs are 19 feet and 6.5 inches. She has been locked for 21 years she claims at the time of the video. You do the math :ohwell:

That means that she would have to have grown close to 12 inches of hair a year and then some to grow almost 20 feet of locs in 21 years. Ooooooooookay :look::nono::yawn::rolleyes:

Last edited:

LovelyNaps26

growing 19 feet of hair isn't an accomplishment because she has locks?

can i get the logic behind this plz

i have seen quite a few individuals with waist length and longer locs. it's rare for me to see a person with kinky/curly hair with loose hair of that length in real life.

plus i think the reggie is more conducive to retaining length. when you comb your hair weekly, style, etc. retaining waist length or longer hair is much harder than if you just let the hair be, in the case of locs. i know locs need attention but it is the ultimate protective style (b/c shed hair isn't removed there is not terminal length per se) and as such i'm not floored when i see long locs.