Oprah's Last Show

Kurlee

Oprah is not just some "black chick".... There's more to Oprah than this, and it's more so what she represents.

Oprah has a TV channel called Oxygen and a magazine called "O".

Scientifically, oxygen is the element with atomic number 8 and represented by the symbol "O".

The element's name derives from the Greek roots (oxys) ("acid", literally "sharp", referring to the sour taste of acids) and (-genēs) ("producer", literally "begetter"). At standard temperature it's a very pale blue, odorless, tasteless diatomic gas with the formula O2, and it's the most abundant chemical element - by mass - in our biosphere.[Wikipedia]

So what does this all mean?

Let's look at the significance of the number 8 in the Bible:

In the Bible, 8 has referenced new beginnings.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

Circumcision, the sign of belonging to the covenant people, was to be performed on the eighth day.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. Genesis 17:12

The story of Ruth, Orpah (Oprah) and Naomi bears witness to choosing whom to serve. When Orpah's husband (Naomi's son) died, she had the choice of going back to her people and her gods or serving God and going with Ruth and Naomi to serve God. She chose to go back and I believe Ruth and Naomi respected her choice. It WAS her choice, but whatever befell her was the judgment of HER CHOICE. Ruth and Naomi moved on to serve the true living God. We are at this place today.

A brief look at her "OXYGEN" channel shows programming that glorify sin/lust:

The World according to Paris (Hilton) - she represents all the carnality and inherent "wealth" to be desired of this world

BAD GIRLS - need I say more?

Snapped - about who-dunnits on female murderers

America's Next Top Model Obsessed - all about vanity

Dance Your A** off - a show that emphasizes losing weight, being transformed, to "fit in" to the "norm/standard"...

Love Games (Bad girls need love too) - huh?

Not many other people on the planet has the type of influence Oprah has on the innocents. Her influence reaches way beyond the United States, beyond North America... it's WORLDwide.

Oprah's tv channel is called OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network):look: and those shows don't come on her network:perplexed

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^ Kurlee, I certainly was wrong with the outdated info..thanks for the correction, and I apologize.

She may have redefined herself, I'm still not convinced of her OWN programmings. Subtle... HTH

Guitarhero

Do not defend what is obviously in opposition to God's rule. satan did not raise Oprah up for nothing. She's solidly giving his agenda a platform and is teaching, pushing and standing firm upon it. Don't be fooled.

As for giving 'the lady a break'. God has crystalilzed His Word; He has made it perfectly clear:

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Again...

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

Romans 16:17

God Word says to 'mark them' ... identify them... Call them out; those who are teaching false doctrines in opposition to the True Word of God.

And that's exactly what I and many others are doing.

You either get it or you don't.

Shimmie, what people are trying to say is that there are 2 diff. camps here. One doesn't have to judge and condemn someone when they do not actually know what that person has inside of them. You all are seeing the outward and spoken words of Oprah. Only G-d can judge her heart. Of course, we are to follow Him, actively so. But in our doing so, we don't have to crush another on the way up, believer or unbeliever. If any of us make it to heaven, it's going to be by the skin of our teeth. Just you all wait to see the demons lined up when you reach that point between heaven and hell.

Of course we are to live uprightly. But I see that we are more concerned with deceptive beliefs in the secular world than we are about those in our very churches. It creeps in...but our scope should be the CHURCH. New Age...ain't new. And the church has already been broken down into a million pieces. The world is always going to be ill. There are not going to be 100% believers in our vicinity, no matter where we are. Living for Him should involve charity...and that's sorely missing in this thread imho. It doesn't refer to catering to false beliefs, but we are certainly responsible for how we treat one another. Oprah is only the representative topic here... but I fear that people carry this type of attitude with them daily and thrust it upon those around them. I sincerely hope not. Jesus never forced anyone...He never did and He didn't encourage others to do so either. Christian history? Shameful. We try and be the H-ly Spirit to others...sometimes we tried to use people for material gain and charging them with unbelief. We ought to own up to brutal christian history.

Concerning the comment on belief...that is the only difference between people. This entire life is an uphill road and you either stand still or you struggle to get to the top. Belief is between and one can choose through free will what to do with it. I guess I'm shocked that Black people are being portrayed as so weak, that they either fear Oprah and/or are so misled by her that they don't know how to go to the Father and believe on HIM, despite the world around them. Seducing spirits...a lot in churches and it has little to do with the New Age movement. If this is true, then the black church has failed people from the beginning, long before Oprah and the New Age came onto the scene. Is that what one is saying here? Rather than blame the weak believers for their worship of someone other than the Father, in direct violation with the first commandment, we are looking for an "outside" source of the problem. Oprah is not the problem, it's the believers themselves as they leave the path. The thing about Eddie Long is that he's a pastor of a congregation (another whole set of responsibilities before G-d) and that he and other congregants did the same - look for outside sources of blame, when it was them, solely them. And I am not discounting scripture at all because there is a case for it.

BTW, I don't watch her show and only got into it for 1-2 years ages ago.

Last edited:

Laela

Nymphe,

I'm not offended, sis. I do see the bolded statements as negating each other. The whole purpose of being Christian is to oppose what is not Truth or of God. Without opposition to God/Love, there would be nothing to oppose, nothing to question... nothing to bring to Light.

I'm not moved by any opposition, just prayerful that what is not seen will be seen.

There are believers who have not made Jesus their Lord yet or nailed all of self on the cross. They are still of the world, have trust in this system, and may not see the danger in listening to those who refuse to have the Lord be their Lord and Savior. Every system of man is tainted, religious or not, so we must question and critique everything.

If people value truth, then my next statement will not offend. If the Body of Christ was actually operated by Him, Oprah would not even be an issue. Keep in mind one important fact:

Never, for a moment, think that this could not happen here. In fact, one could say it is already happening.

mrselle

Oprah's tv channel is called OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network):look: and those shows don't come on her network:perplexed

^^ Kurlee, I certainly was wrong with the outdated info..thanks for the correction, and I apologize.

She may have redefined herself, I'm still not convinced of her OWN programmings. Subtle... HTH

Oprah co-founded the Oxygen channel. She sold it to NBC back in 2007.

Guitarhero

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to watch out for those people who create divisions and who make others fall away [from the Christian faith] by teaching doctrine that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from them.

Romans 16:17

God Word says to 'mark them' ... identify them... Call them out; those who are teaching false doctrines in opposition to the True Word of God.

Of course, but don't you think this is referring to those WITHIN the Church? Otherwise, it would have stated to stay away from the whole world, perhaps. Again, the problem is with the believers themselves and I believe this admonition is for them inside of the fold to guard themselves and to edify weak brethern within that community of faith. Otherwise, it becomes a type of witch hunt. I'll reiterate, Oprah is not the leader of any group of believers, neither is she a believer in christian doctrines. The fault is the believer's. When that creeps into the body of the believing community, then mark it out. Otherwise, people are to do what they've always done, live your faith. It doesn't call us to be uncharitable to those outside the faith.

Last edited:

Rainbow Dash

Maybe some people did not know about the religion or New Age Teaching she started.

Oprah's online class covering Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth is exposed. They conducted the first mass trance. Over 2 Million participated in this new age class.

For example, Lesson #29 asks you to go through your day affirming that “God is in everything I see.”2</SPAN> Lesson #61 tells each person to repeat the affirmation “I am the light of the world.”3</SPAN> Lesson #70 teaches the student to say and believe “My salvation comes from me.”4

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset—a New Age worldview that includes the belief that there is no sin, no evil, no devil, and that God is “in” everyone and everything.

These are some of the teachings:

• “There is no sin. . . " 9
  • A “slain Christ has no meaning.”10
  • “The journey to the cross should be the last ‘useless journey.”11
  • “Do not make the pathetic error of ‘clinging to the old rugged cross.’”12
  • “The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.”13
  • God is in everything I see.”14
  • “The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.”15
  • “The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity and your limitless power.”16
  • “The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation.”17
Most Christians recognize that these teachings are the opposite of what the Bible teaches.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Maybe some people did not know about the religion or New Age Teaching she started.

Oprah's online class covering Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth is exposed. They conducted the first mass trance. Over 2 Million participated in this new age class.

For example, Lesson #29 asks you to go through your day affirming that “God is in everything I see.”2</SPAN> Lesson #61 tells each person to repeat the affirmation “I am the light of the world.”3</SPAN> Lesson #70 teaches the student to say and believe “My salvation comes from me.”4

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset—a New Age worldview that includes the belief that there is no sin, no evil, no devil, and that God is “in” everyone and everything.

• “The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray.”13
  • “The oneness of the Creator and the creation is your wholeness, your sanity and your limitless power.”16
  • “The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation.”17
Most Christians recognize that these teachings are the opposite of what the Bible teaches.

You know what's so sad? There are people who have died, literally left this earth realm, beliveing and cleaving to these lies.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Remember the story in Luke 16 about the rich man who died and went to hell. While living, he had it all, could care less about Heaven or Hell. I guess without a doubt, that this man had his 'OWN' doctrine. :look:

Yet, when he died, he found out what hell was all about. He looked up into Paradise where Abraham was standing and asked him if he would send the poor beggar, Lazarus (who made it into Paradise) to come and but wet his fingers with water and wet his tongue.

Abraham had to tell him... 'No'. For there was a great gulf fixed ( a wide divide) where neither could go unto the other.

The rich man then asked that if Lazarus could go and warn his brothers of this torment and misery so that they could miss hell.

Again...the answer was 'No'. For they had 'Moses and the Prophets' (the Word of God) which was not only sufficient warning, but they had full access to, in order to avoid hell.

Oprah's fruit still remains. She has chosen to use her gifts to rebel against God and give glory to satan's works instead.

I pray with all of my heart, that God blesses me with a TV network. And by the grace and leading of the Holy Spirit, the true Gospel of Jesus Christ will be aired. Real families will be aired and only those shows which edify and give honour to God will be allowed to take over.

And I dare anyone to touch me. :fistshake: :lol:

Laela

Yes, that's it in a nutshell. It's subtle, and dangerous... this "New Age" she promotes... :ohwell:

Shimmie

Staff member
Of course, but don't you think this is referring to those WITHIN the Church? Otherwise, it would have stated to stay away from the whole world, perhaps. Again, the problem is with the believers themselves and I believe this admonition is for them inside of the fold to guard themselves and to edify weak brethern within that community of faith.

Otherwise, it becomes a type of witch hunt. I'll reiterate, Oprah is not the leader of any group of believers, neither is she a believer in christian doctrines. The fault is the believer's.

When that creeps into the body of the believing community, then mark it out. Otherwise, people are to do what they've always done, live your faith. It doesn't call us to be uncharitable to those outside the faith.

:kiss: Baby love... I'm not on a witch hunt for Oprah. :nono: I'm simply putting the truth out there where it's supposed to be.

I have to agree with you to some extent that it is the responsibility of any adult (Believer or Non-believer) as to what doctrine, behaviour, etc., that they choose to partake of. Even the Word of God speaks of this. We are not robots, we have free will.

However, God's Words instructs us to compell ... to forwarn, to alert, to make known , to be aware of satan's devices. Leadership and persuasion doesn't have it's domain from a Church pulpit. God addresses all manner of persuasion in His Word. The Bible is very clear about this.

I know you have your views about this and I thank you for your maturity in this thread. You're asking questions from where you are in your personal views about this. You've neither thrown insults nor behaved unmannerly in this thread.

This thread has a 'captive audience' quite a number of views in the short time since it's origin. It drew a couple of drop-ins with foolishness, but that's to be expected when one has nothing more to say.

Whether we agree or disagree, I respect you. I'm just putting this out there, because you know it's coming. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nymphe,

I'm not offended, sis. I do see the bolded statements as negating each other. The whole purpose of being Christian is to oppose what is not Truth or of God. Without opposition to God/Love, there would be nothing to oppose, nothing to question... nothing to bring to Light.

I'm not moved by any opposition, just prayerful that what is not seen will be seen.

For there is nothing hid which shall not be manifested, nor anything kept secret but that it should come abroad.

Mark 4:22

I love Mark 4:22.

I found my earrings ... :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

Oh Gosh. "OWN" is totally anti-truth. Pro-gay network.

And Gayle King, needs to hush. Extremely opinionated regarding her support of homosexuality, gay marriage, etc. Will not 'allow' the truth to be 'freely' spoken without a challenge to it.

Her comments in the 'after show' of "Pray the gay away" with Lisa Ling ... :nono: Gayle is 'set' on gay all the way.

makeupgirl

Oprah is not just some "black chick".... There's more to Oprah than this, and it's more so what she represents.

Oprah has a TV channel called Oxygen and a magazine called "O".

Scientifically, oxygen is the element with atomic number 8 and represented by the symbol "O".

The element's name derives from the Greek roots (oxys) ("acid", literally "sharp", referring to the sour taste of acids) and (-genēs) ("producer", literally "begetter"). At standard temperature it's a very pale blue, odorless, tasteless diatomic gas with the formula O2, and it's the most abundant chemical element - by mass - in our biosphere.[Wikipedia]

So what does this all mean?

Let's look at the significance of the number 8 in the Bible:

In the Bible, 8 has referenced new beginnings.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 1 Peter 3:20

Circumcision, the sign of belonging to the covenant people, was to be performed on the eighth day.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. Genesis 17:12

The story of Ruth, Orpah (Oprah) and Naomi bears witness to choosing whom to serve. When Orpah's husband (Naomi's son) died, she had the choice of going back to her people and her gods or serving God and going with Ruth and Naomi to serve God. She chose to go back and I believe Ruth and Naomi respected her choice. It WAS her choice, but whatever befell her was the judgment of HER CHOICE. Ruth and Naomi moved on to serve the true living God. We are at this place today.

A brief look at her "OXYGEN" channel shows programming that glorify sin/lust:

The World according to Paris (Hilton) - she represents all the carnality and inherent "wealth" to be desired of this world

BAD GIRLS - need I say more?

Snapped - about who-dunnits on female murderers

America's Next Top Model Obsessed - all about vanity

Dance Your A** off - a show that emphasizes losing weight, being transformed, to "fit in" to the "norm/standard"...

Love Games (Bad girls need love too) - huh?

Not many other people on the planet has the type of influence Oprah has on the innocents. Her influence reaches way beyond the United States, beyond North America... it's WORLDwide.

You know I never put together the similarity in the shows that it is on Oxygen. That Bad Girls Club is crazy and shouldn't even be on tv.

Shimmie

Staff member
There are believers who have not made Jesus their Lord yet or nailed all of self on the cross. They are still of the world, have trust in this system, and may not see the danger in listening to those who refuse to have the Lord be their Lord and Savior. Every system of man is tainted, religious or not, so we must question and critique everything.

If people value truth, then my next statement will not offend. If the Body of Christ was actually operated by Him, Oprah would not even be an issue. Keep in mind one important fact:

Never, for a moment, think that this could not happen here. In fact, one could say it is already happening.

No offense taken... not at all. I can agree with your comment in connection to those who are in the 'Body' , say they are in the Body, yet their fruit says otherwise.

However, there are millions upon millions of 'Sold Out' Believers in the Body of Christ who are indeed 'operated' by the Lord Jesus Christ. Many have died for their faith and without fail, lived for Him to the very end.

The problem is that there are those who are staddling the fence; they are lukewarm. They have not surrendered themselves unto God; they are holding on to their lives for dear life not trusting God to uphold them as He has promised.

So again, I take no offense to your comment. I know far too many Believers in the Body who are indeed living and breathing in Him and have their total being in Jesus and no other. They look to the world for nothing.

:bighug: Nymphe.

makeupgirl

Oxygen was founded by Oprah and a few others. But now it's owned by NBC. (I wish they put back on Xena)

OWN hasn't impressed me yet but I like that she kept Say Yes to the Dress and mystery diagnosis. I seriously don't think she would ever allow shows like Bad Girls and Snapped to be on OWN.

I miss Discovery Health for my medical fix. Trauma in the ER was my show.

Last edited:

Guitarhero

:kiss: Baby love... I'm not on a witch hunt for Oprah. :nono: I'm simply putting the truth out there where it's supposed to be.

I have to agree with you to some extent that it is the responsibility of any adult (Believer or Non-believer) as to what doctrine, behaviour, etc., that they choose to partake of. Even the Word of God speaks of this. We are not robots, we have free will.

However, God's Words instructs us to compell ... to forwarn, to alert, to make known , to be aware of satan's devices. Leadership and persuasion doesn't have it's domain from a Church pulpit. God addresses all manner of persuasion in His Word. The Bible is very clear about this.

I know you have your views about this and I thank you for your maturity in this thread. You're asking questions from where you are in your personal views about this. You've neither thrown insults nor behaved unmannerly in this thread.

This thread has a 'captive audience' quite a number of views in the short time since it's origin. It drew a couple of drop-ins with foolishness, but that's to be expected when one has nothing more to say.

Whether we agree or disagree, I respect you. I'm just putting this out there, because you know it's coming. :lol:

You know, I thought about this further today and I liken my stance to "dealing" with the Hindus. I don't believe in 3 million plus g-ds but I'm not on their porch telling them they are wrong. I will live my faith to the best of my ability and be charitable to them (for it speaks louder). Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But what is constant is my understanding that they are as they are and I am as I am and that above all of it, G-d is sovereign universe-wide and beyond. When the poor were sick and hungry, Mother Teresa and her sisters fed and nursed them, they didn't preach at them nor withhold charity when they needed it most all for wanting to convert them. This, they did not do. Although G-d's word is a sword dividing families and cutting deep into the heart, He didn't tell us to pick up a sword and chase others. If we would only realize that how we present the gospel is of great importance. No one is saying to never present it verbally nor take a stance, but if there is no charity, it's brass.

Shimmie

Staff member
You know, I thought about this further today and I liken my stance to "dealing" with the Hindus. I don't believe in 3 million plus g-ds but I'm not on their porch telling them they are wrong. I will live my faith to the best of my ability and be charitable to them (for it speaks louder). Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But what is constant is my understanding that they are as they are and I am as I am and that above all of it, G-d is sovereign universe-wide and beyond.

When the poor were sick and hungry, Mother Teresa and her sisters fed and nursed them, they didn't preach at them nor withhold charity when they needed it most all for wanting to convert them. This, they did not do.

Although G-d's word is a sword dividing families and cutting deep into the heart, He didn't tell us to pick up a sword and chase others. If we would only realize that how we present the gospel is of great importance. No one is saying to never present it verbally nor take a stance, but if there is no charity, it's brass.

No matter what a Christian does it's never right with those who oppose.

This is what you're missing. People are mis-using what belongs to Christians, which is God's Word.

Any religion out there will be quick to correct anyone who misrepresents them and not a word is said about it.

But let it be a Christian taking a stand and the world gets crazy about it.

In this case, there are people who are mis-representing Christians; lying on Jesus. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be quiet about it.

Even in your defense for others, you are doing the very same, speaking up about what you disapprove of.

likewtr4chklit

Furthermore, she withdrew as an investor in Oxygen because she didn't agree with their programing

When asked how the Oprah Winfrey Network differed from the Oxygen Channel, with which Winfrey was previously associated, the talk show host said, "I was only an investor in Oxygen. Here I'm chairman and owner. This is my vision."

Winfrey said today that she resigned from the board of directors of Oxygen shortly after joining because its vision was so at odds with hers.

"The channel did not reflect my voice," she said today.

Describing her role at OWN, she said, "I'm the voice and the brand of the network."

Laela

That's a good point, about other religions.... Everyone is God's Creation, not everyone is God's Children. We can agree to disagree on that.

Thank you to the ladies who are "educating" us on the Oprah corporate moves and what-nots. Not necessary to get up in arms because of old info. Can't speak for everyone, but I can be corrected :yep:

Blessings!
:bighug:

No matter what a Christian does it's never right with those who oppose.

This is what you're missing. People are mis-using what belongs to Christians, which is God's Word.

Any religion out there will be quick to correct anyone who misrepresents them and not a word is said about it.

Shimmie

Staff member
That's a good point, about other religions.... Everyone is God's Creation, not everyone is God's Children. We can agree to disagree on that.

Thank you to the ladies who are "educating" us on the Oprah corporate moves and what-nots. Not necessary to get up in arms because of old info. Can't speak for everyone, but I can be corrected :yep:

Blessings!
:bighug:

Laela, you have one of the most humblest of hearts. True woman of God. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
is this a game of grab-a**? looks fun...

Why would you bring profanity into this forum? This is not the place for it.

I know that you think this is a game, however, please be careful. You're bringing judgment upon yourself; one that you are not spiritually mature enough to handle.

Whether you believe it or not or whether you care or not, you must be careful. None of this is a game.

Shimmie

Staff member
Furthermore, she withdrew as an investor in Oxygen because she didn't agree with their programing.

When asked how the Oprah Winfrey Network differed from the Oxygen Channel, with which Winfrey was previously associated, the talk show host said, "I was only an investor in Oxygen. Here I'm chairman and owner. This is my vision."

Winfrey said today that she resigned from the board of directors of Oxygen shortly after joining because its vision was so at odds with hers.

"The channel did not reflect my voice," she said today.

Describing her role at OWN, she said, "I'm the voice and the brand of the network."

The 'bolded'.... just says it all....

EricaJoyce

This thread really saddens me. The hardest part for me to swallow is a bunch of people looking their noses down on others for not believing what they believe. I am not a Christian, but I do believe in God and that there are many paths to God. (One can be a so called Christian and not truly follow God's word.) The Christian religion has strayed pretty far from God's word in my opinion.

One of the things that many people miss, (not just Christians, but Jews, Muslims, Hindus, whatever) is that the religion we practice, the religion we are born into, is a function of where we come from (The Middle East, The US, India, etc.) We can all agree that Christianity began in the Middle East, correct? So why, if it is the only path to God, did God not bring it to the Native Americans during that time? Why did He concentrate it to only that area? Maybe this should be a spinoff thread. This is something I've always wanted to ask religious people.

One thing that I do know is that none of us (human beings) gets to decide who is going to heaven or who is going to hell.

Anyway, I do agree with you all about Oprah having a "Cult-like" following, but so does In n Out Burger, for goodness sake!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Nymphe,

Jesus preached about the Kingdom of God, not the religion men named Christianity. Religion was a splintered, corrupt mess back then as it is now--look at it! I am a follower of Christ and a member of His Body, nothing more. The Kingdom dwells among those have His Set-Apart Spirit joined with theirs and obey it. The only "religion" we should be doing is caring for the widows, orphans, and less fortunate. This is another topic for a different thread, though.

No offense taken... not at all. I can agree with your comment in connection to those who are in the 'Body' , say they are in the Body, yet their fruit says otherwise.

However, there are millions upon millions of 'Sold Out' Believers in the Body of Christ who are indeed 'operated' by the Lord Jesus Christ. Many have died for their faith and without fail, lived for Him to the very end.

The problem is that there are those who are staddling the fence; they are lukewarm. They have not surrendered themselves unto God; they are holding on to their lives for dear life not trusting God to uphold them as He has promised.

So again, I take no offense to your comment. I know far too many Believers in the Body who are indeed living and breathing in Him and have their total being in Jesus and no other. They look to the world for nothing.

:bighug: Nymphe.
But few in the West have been tested in the fires of persecution. Darkness approaches and I do not see many ready for it. That is another topic for another time.

Rainbow Dash

This thread really saddens me. The hardest part for me to swallow is a bunch of people looking their noses down on others for not believing what they believe. I am not a Christian, but I do believe in God and that there are many paths to God. (One can be a so called Christian and not truly follow God's word.) The Christian religion has strayed pretty far from God's word in my opinion.

One of the things that many people miss, (not just Christians, but Jews, Muslims, Hindus, whatever) is that the religion we practice, the religion we are born into, is a function of where we come from (The Middle East, The US, India, etc.) We can all agree that Christianity began in the Middle East, correct? So why, if it is the only path to God, did God not bring it to the Native Americans during that time? Why did He concentrate it to only that area? Maybe this should be a spinoff thread. This is something I've always wanted to ask religious people.

One thing that I do know is that none of us (human beings) gets to decide who is going to heaven or who is going to hell.

Anyway, I do agree with you all about Oprah having a "Cult-like" following, but so does In n Out Burger, for goodness sake!

Christians believe God's Word. We are telling others What God said in His Word. How will they hear unless we tell them? I would not know unless someone told me. I am grateful to be saved today. I know my life is changed because of God's saving Grace through His son. I was on my way to hell but thank God for sending someone my way and allowing me to hear.

Christians do not decide who goes to hell. That is totally up to God. But His word tells us what will send a person to hell.

We believe His word, His word tells us to preach His Gospel. That is what we are doing. The word applies to Us as well. God's Word is being preached in all nations.

We do not believe there are many paths or more than one path to God. Christ made that very clear in His Word. We can't make anyone accept Christ but we pray that they hear and come to come into the Saving Power of Jesus Christ.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

Read His Word and you will see What He Said. You may not like to messenger or the message but it is God's Word.

Blessings

Last edited: