Our white sisters work just as hard as we do!

mimi

I was doing a search for protective styles under the yahoo search engine, and came upon this site: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/index.php. At first I that it was another site for the black hair community because there were threads about protective styles, pre-poos, essential oils, and the importance of deep conditioning and moisturizing. However I notice that all the avatar pics, and progress photo's were mostly white women. We may have to work harder for healthy hair due to it's structure, but our whites sister also have to work hard to maintain long and healthy hair.:)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
LHC is a very active and friendly community. I actually ended up joining over there first while looking for LHCF. There are a few members from her over there also.

thefineprint

wow, thats really interesting. it shows that we are all in it together! (although i think we have to work a little harder...i don't know many white women who have to fight for shoulder length hair...)

Belle Du Jour

I have a white friend who wants BS or longer hair. Her hair is about arm pit length and she says it won't grow any longer. So, I do think some of them have issues with length retention.

keluric

Yeah.. def. knew that... they have huge aisles of "white" products at drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target but tiny sections of aisles for "black" products.

Isis

They sure do. I've been a member of LHC for quite a while now. There are actually a lot of black ladies there too and several white guys. Hair issues are hair issues, one just sees a wider range of hair types there.

Namilani

Wow! I guess I've been close-minded with this whole hair thing... It's so weird reading about white people using African Pride :lol: !

Guyaneek

keluric said:
Yeah.. def. knew that... they have huge aisles of "white" products at drugstores, Wal-Mart, Target but tiny sections of aisles for "black" products.

I never really considered that. I just thought they were catered to :lol: But now that I think about it, you are right! I always thought it just came naturally :look:

JustKiya

Oh yeah - the ladies over at THLC work HARD for their hair - and you think BLACK people use a lot of heat/products - it's realyl amazing seeing how similar things are - from the growth products to the kitchen recipes.....there are even a couple of white women who get RELAXERS over there - blew my mind, it did.

Lusa

keluric said:

I stopped shopping on the "black product" aisle a while back because alot of that stuff is no-good and it's shady marketing. I look for a good hair product based on what's in it, and if it's in the "white product" aisle, so be it.

CAPlush

I don't think it is reasonable to assume that it's a walk in the park for any particular race to achieve long hair. It is a combination of genetics and good hair practices for everyone. Except Mexicans.

(Just kidding about the Mexicans. I just say that because a very sweet Mexican girl gave me some sensible pointers at the CVS the other day).

keluric

Lusa said:
I stopped shopping on the "black product" aisle a while back because alot of that stuff is no-good and it's shady marketing. I look for a good hair product based on what's in it, and if it's in the "white product" aisle, so be it.

Yep, I agree.

MrsHouston

I'm a member over there also. Good advice is good advice.

I think they have a harder time not using heat since some of them are use to shampooing and using the blow dryer everyday.

toniy

I shopped "only" in the Black aisle because that is what I was taught growing up.
After joining here, I am more open minded and knowledgeable about what should and should not go on my hair.

I am also more confident about my choices of product.