When do you enjoy your hair ?

kizzylonghair

Ladies,

I am new this forum and have read many of your great ideas for healthy hair, and from pictures there is no doubt that they work.

However when we are constantly using protective styles etc, When do you enjoy the fruits of your labour. I think its a shame that we have to work so hard to maintain our hair.

This iss just a question for you ?

I wish you all the best for 2005 whatever your goal is but remember ENJOY IT and SHOW THE WORLD YOUR ACHIEVEMENT.(Sometimes) I cant wait!!!

blue_flower

I enjoy my hair when I see that it is healthy and has grown. And when I go to the hairdress, that's when I really enjoy it!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I enjoy my hair even when its in protective styles. I LOVE washing my hair in the shower for some reason it relaxes me. I enjoy the look on my husband's face when I wear my hair out after wearing a bun for weeks.

I also have a goal that I'm closer than ever to. I think I'll enjoy it even more when I reach that goal.

webby

Think Slim
I don't wear protective styles, as they seem to be counter productive for me. I have a lot of hair, but the individual strands are rather fine. Productive styles: buns, pony tails, wearing braids or twists too often, tend to cause shedding or breakage for me.

To answer your question, I enjoy my hair when it's freshly washed and bouncy...also when it's at least the current length :)

SherryLove

hey there...

i enjoy my hair after my hair dresser does it (every two weeks),... I wear it out for most of that day..........i do not have to wear my hair out because i take enjoyment and pleasure in wearing it in protective styles, knowing that it is long and healthy....i carry around pics for those who are in serious doubt...LOL.... i am at the point where i have nothing to prove to anyone....

ChasingBliss

I agree with a lot of what Sherrylove says. I have a goal to reach and I have made that decision to wear protective styles until then. Even though buns can feel monotonous at times I do enjoy my hair in protective styles, plus Ive learned to which up with one braid or two. There is a prize for me at the end of this journey...and my eye is on the prize right now...:).

Lindy

webby said:
I don't wear protective styles, as they seem to be counter productive for me. I have a lot of hair, but the individual strands are rather fine. Productive styles: buns, pony tails, wearing braids or twists too often, tend to cause shedding or breakage for me.
Same for me. :) I don't wear my hair in buns at all... I enjoy wearing my hair in all different styles!! I'm enjoying my current length to the utmost!!! :weird: (And looking forward to enjoying it even more as it gets longer!! :) )

Sherrylove and Honey Lemon, I am just like you. I wear my hair up in protective styles about 90% of the time. My friends say I should wear it down every once in a while but then I wouldn't be able to do much with it since there's so much of it. I think up-do's are simple, yet very elegant. My mother thinks I look like an old lady sometimes (i'm 27) but that's okay. Besides, if i wore my hair down all the time, I'd do nothing but comb it, brush it, and generally go nuts everytime the wind blows. Plus, I'd probably be hairless. Give me an up-do anytime. They are fuss-free.

dreemssold

I agree with what's been said here before--I LOVE some of my protective styles. I get just as much joy out of them as I do when my hair is down. I do love wearing my hair down, too, but I don't feel like I can't enjoy my hair when it's up. I have decided that even after I reach my goal, I will wear my hair down 2 weeks of the month and up 2 weeks of the month. Also, I don't need to show anyone anything...my hair is MY pride and joy ;).

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I love my hair freshly relaxed with alot of body. Right now I'm dealing with 11 weeks of new growth so I'm bunning it, which I can getting tired of. :) But it's all for the cause of healthy hair ! :grin:

Boadicea

kizzylonghair said:
I think its a shame that we have to work so hard to maintain our hair.
To me, it's not hard work at all. It's necessary and it's not time consuming. I enjoy my hair when I'm caring for it such as when I wash it and style it.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
haha, i asked a similar question when i first joined. it does seem like a lot of "hard work" but i dont obsess over my hair or anything, so its not really hard work its just maintenance. i just do whats necessary for it to stay healthy hoping that length will come. i do love my protective styles or i wouldnt wear them, but one day im not going to sleep with a satin bonnet on, i swear i hate that thing :laugh: so to answer the question: i enjoy my hair on any day that it does rain or snow :)

hottopic

Because I have not reached bra strap as of yet I find myself wearing mostly protective styles. But my favorite are braids....I enjoy washing my hair 3-5 a week and braids allow me to wash and forget about it. I don't have to think so much about styling, because it is already in a protective style.

It's no hard work for me either. I barely do anything to my hair in between salon appointments. Heck, I don't even have any shampoo or conditioner in the house! :lachen:

sylver2

Hi, Welcome!!

I have never ever worn protective styles. I am a person that wears her hair out ever single day. I truly enjoy it right after a touchup. Its very thick and I like that thin flat look I can get from a fresh touch up.
I like to wear it Bone straight, no curl whatsoever.
I also enjoy washing it in shower.

GoingBack

I agree with Sylver2, I enjoy my hair most right after a relaxer when I can see the true length of my hair. I get some serious shrinkage after about 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer.

candibaby

I enjoy my hair when I straighten it and get to swing it around for a few days.. more importantly I enjoy it when I see that it's healthy :)

AudraChanell

Hello and welcome! I guess this question does not apply to me beause I wear my hair out most times. Welcome again :)!!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I enjoy my hair most of the time. I wear it down once in a while, whenever I feel like it. However, when your hair is long an updo takes about 5 seconds and it's a whole lot easier going through the day without your hair in everything :) while you're cooking, working or whatever. I love my hair because I have restored its health and made it beautiful through hard work and diligence.

Chichi

Hi :newbie:,

I enjoy my hair every day of the week! On wash days, I deep condition, do a really good rollerset and blowout my roots. I am good to go for the week. I then wear my hair down for three days and up for the remaining four.

I also wear braidouts and braidout buns from time to time.

Chichi :bdance:

luv04

i enjoy my hair knowing that it is in good condition and protective styles when i wear it down i like that when it lays nicely when i am sticking to my regime when my ends are in good condition when it feels healthy in my hands when i make progress is when i enjoy my hair!!!

Peachtree

I enjoy my hair most when I clarify & do a CW... that's cuz I get to see my length stretched. I'm still amazed that I was able to :clap: successfully :clap: transition for 18 mths :cool: . Now If I can just get it to grow a tid bit faster ;)

kizzylonghair

Firstly Ladies THANK YOU for your warm welcome
( What a great bunch of ladies )

Is good to know that you are enjoying you hair and it doesnt necessary have to be down to do that. There are loads of ways.

I wish you all continued success.

P.S I am shooting for Bra length for 2005 (11 months and counting)

A Quick question its been 2 weeks since my last relaxer and my hair
has roots and feels as unmanageable like it is at 6 week( When I would normal relax - NEVER AGAIN NOW) Is this a good sign?????

Kizzy