Pics of HCCW Install..

soon2bsl

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to share some pics of my HCCCW (Halleys Curls Creole Wavy) install. I taught my mother how to do an install toward the end of last year..so this is only her 3rd time doing it. I've had this in for almost 5 weeks now, and will keep in for about another 3 weeks or so. I will let my hair rest for a week or 2 then get it reinstalled.

Oh btw, I'm transitioning and will be 8 months post in a few days.

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 464
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

soon2bsl

Nice! Do you have any shedding or tangles with that hair?

Thanks! I hardly have any shedding or tangles. I have a little shedding when I wash and DC once a week but it's not bad at all. I have noticed that it may tangle a little underneath in the back only if I don't finger comb on a consistant basis.

Destanee

OK, also how many inches is the hair you used, I think I may want to try an install with this hair.

longhairlover

wow looks great! perfect match imo.
and that's sooooo cute teaching your mom to do your install, it's better to have someone you trust hands in your head :)

soon2bsl

OK, also how many inches is the hair you used, I think I may want to try an install with this hair.

I got a 16 inch and 18 inch (16" is more on top and 18" on the bottom. This hair falls around bra strap curly. I haven't straighted it, but if I pull the curls it's almost waist and I'm 5'3. I didn't know it would be this long but doesn't look that long because it's curly texture, so I think it's a good length.

wow looks great! perfect match imo.
and that's sooooo cute teaching your mom to do your install, it's better to have someone you trust hands in your head :)

LOL! My mom's so funny, she'll complain during it saying how she doesn't know what in the world she's doing, but the more rows she'd install the more she gets the hang of it. Also no point in spending $150 + to get it done when she can hook me up for free. :) It's really secure too, and not tight.

Last edited:

Bettina

This is beautiful...I have been eyeing this hair and a closure to match for a min. :) It looks great on you!

Thann

Wow, your hair looks great! This is honestly the best I've ever seen this hair look. Thanks for sharing.

soon2bsl

This is beautiful...I have been eyeing this hair and a closure to match for a min. :) It looks great on you!

Aww thanks Bettina! I'm going to keep reusing this hair for a while!

Wow, your hair looks great! This is honestly the best I've ever seen this hair look. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!! Since I'm transitioning and not using heat, I thought a natural texture weave would be much better for me to blend.

kami11213

It looks so natural on you... I'm looking at the same hair for my vacation... how do you wear it at night? do you wet it daily? thanks

soon2bsl

It looks good! & blends so well with ur hair.

Might have to look into that brand:look:

Thanks Caychica! That's what I was going for, hair that blends well. I think this hair is a good brand and I got it when it was on sale too so I paid just under $200 with tax and shipping!

It looks so natural on you... I'm looking at the same hair for my vacation... how do you wear it at night? do you wet it daily? thanks

Thanks kami11213! I love your hair btw! :) At night I tie my hair down with a satin scarf and twist the hair that's left of of the scarf in a bun or a couple braids.

I sometimes put my satin bonnet over my hair that's left but since I sleep on a satin pillowcase I usually don't bother putting on the bonnet too..just the scarf. I think this hair would be a great choice for your vacation. You really can just wash/wet n go.

I the mornings have it in a ponytail and wet it in the shower, and use cone free conditioner from Whole Foods. I don't touch it while it dries so it'll have nice curls..because if I touch it while it's drying it'll get soo frizzy and poofy.

Last edited:

Jewell

Wow, it looks so natural and pretty! Your own texture is lovely as well! I wish I had a family member nearby who could do an install!

soon2bsl

Wow, it looks so natural and pretty! Your own texture is lovely as well! I wish I had a family member nearby who could do an install!

Thanks Jewel! Yep so glad I taught my mom how to do it. She can cornrow really good, so I knew once I walked her through the steps, she would get the hang of sewing the tracks in.