Post Your Favorite Protective Style Here!

SweetCaramel1 said:
hey sweety! congrats on your progress. i can't believe how much growth you've had last year. everything is fine just a little tired and cranky :lol:

Awww!!!! *hugs* :) I understand, girl! My sister is 5 months pregnant, and we just spent the holidays together. She was also very tired, a lil testier, and always very hungry! :lol: Wishing you and DH a safe, easy, and fun pregnancy!!!!

Thanks so much girl!!! Yeah, its trying man.... slowly but surely!!!! :D

These are really banging. We need some instructions. Love, love, love the braid

victorious said:
Just when I was getting bored with protective styles, along comes this thread with cute styles. I wish I could flat twist though.

I bought some sticks a while back but didn't know how to use them. The only style I saw and liked was Sistaslick's Chinese Bun, but I don't have all that hair yet. :lol:

Thanks so much for that "how to" in your album, SerenityBreeze! It's so cute.

--

Here are my favorites besides the bun:

Pinup2-vi.jpg
diff_frenchroll.jpg
FrenchBraidUpdo.jpg

I do the pinned plait sometimes. But I love your donut. It's banging

KiniKakes said:
Oh goodness, all of these styles are so beautiful, simple, and protective!!! :) Great thread, Serenity!!!! Here are a few of my regular protective styles:

"Pinned Plait"

s69986257.jpg

"Classic Bun"

s69986259.jpg

s69986261.jpg

"Wrapped Donut"

s69986262.jpg

This is a great thread!!

I love the ideas, you ladies are genious!

KiniKakes, your growth is out of control! :shocked:

Victorious, thank you for the step-by-step on that french braid, I'll be rocking that one today! I love your updo's!

Sxyhairfetish...I think I just found my wedding style! :love:

I love this thread! All of the ideas are so beautiful and creative. :) I don't have many pics, but when I do, I'll share.

Ms.Allyse said:
:-( Wish my hair was long enough to do some of this!!

Can I get an amen??!?:lol: Right now, the only protective styles I do (that look presentable, anyway) rely on phony ponies or instant weaves. I can't wait until I grow enough hair to do my own bun or twist! You ladies are always such an inspiration!

This reminds me, I need to post some pics of my latest phony ponies in my Fotki....

Wow, these are some really nice styles, ladies! I'm inspired!

OT: Whenever I pass by one of dlewis's posts I have to pause and stare at her hair in her siggy for a moment before moving on with the thread :lol: It's so shiny and full! :up:

BlackCardinal said:
Wow, these are some really nice styles, ladies! I'm inspired!

OT: Whenever I pass by one of dlewis's posts I have to pause and stare at her hair in her siggy for a moment before moving on with the thread :lol: It's so shiny and full! :up:

You're so sweet. thanks :D

I'm gonna have to go with chinese sticks and bun holders (??? ) its the one where you have a stand alone clip and you put a stick through it.

Now that my hair is getting longer it's getting caught in things like the car door:eek: and my mouth (don't ask:eek: ) I have a personal obligation to start using protective styling.:grin:

In fact ONE of my new years resolutions is to put my hair up in protective styles more often but it's gonna be hard to keep because I loooove having my hair down and so does my SO:love: :kissing4: :Rose:

****off to look at Serenity's how to for chinese sticks****

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!! YAY!!!!:D :D :D :trampolin :clapping:
Thank you Serenity!!!
I didn't think it was that easy or that my hair would be so secure!!!

And you know, I always wondered how chick from Rush Hour II did it so fast
( beginning of fight scene with Chris Tucker's character towards the end of the movie)

this is so elegant...like this one too!

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

Hair006.jpg

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!

these are all FABULOUS!

victorious said:
Just when I was getting bored with protective styles, along comes this thread with cute styles. I wish I could flat twist though.

I bought some sticks a while back but didn't know how to use them. The only style I saw and liked was Sistaslick's Chinese Bun, but I don't have all that hair yet. :lol:

Thanks so much for that "how to" in your album, SerenityBreeze! It's so cute.

--

Here are my favorites besides the bun:

Pinup2-vi.jpg
diff_frenchroll.jpg
FrenchBraidUpdo.jpg

Everyone has such wonderful protective styles!!

I cant wait to try them ALL out!! Taji, I am happy it you got it! you will always be able to whip up something cute in no time. Great thing about it is, even if your hair is airdried, it will look great because your twist will have more body. Keep the pics coming!!

You can get some really nice sticks from Claires , an accessory shop found in malls.

Bests!

Back