PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'm yo pusha! /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I ordered some yesterday. I ignored all the S-Curl raves for months and I regret it. I won't get left out this time! /images/graemlins/assimilate.gif

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
elliot,

I know what you mean. Regarding the vitamins I started taking in Feb, I will probably only continue to take the Biotin daily. I may continue with the evening primrose, but I am going to try to work flax seed oil into my diet instead of taking the pills. I am considering taking some type of amino/protein product though.

Leshia

Armyqt said:
Leshia said:
elliot said:

Leshia--can a sista get the B-5 brand?

Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Twinlab.. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ladies, these are on sale at GNC for $2.99 right now /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/mad.gif *stomping downstairs to get my wallet** Ahhhhh cutttieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leshia

elliot said:
Plus, I recently added amino fuel to the mix--I blame this on Leshia cause she said it was working for her. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia-Thanks for the information on B-5. Hopefully my face will glow soon! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now woman! You KNOW all of the information out there relaying our lack of protein which we NEED for our hair. I swear to you, between that and my protein conditioner washes.....I think I'm in for big things. It's growing steadily and I don't get much shedding or breakage, so something's got to be right! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey, you noticing anything yet with your protein? Come onnnnnnnnn, tell me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You know you're gonna love me, right? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Armyqt

pooh123 said:
Hey guys!

I went to GNC and their 300 mcg of biotin is $2.99. The B-5 was $9.99...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Pooh, I don't don't where you are, but the GNC in Columbus, GA has a sale on B-5 and thy're $2.99 here. Sorry about that, I thought they all had the same prices, like Sally's.

pooh123

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif Hey, that's not fair!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif I live in Arkansas and I wonder why ours is not on sale too. I even called another GNC store and it was still $9.95. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

elliot

Leshia said:
elliot said:
Plus, I recently added amino fuel to the mix--I blame this on Leshia cause she said it was working for her. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia-Thanks for the information on B-5. Hopefully my face will glow soon! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now woman! You KNOW all of the information out there relaying our lack of protein which we NEED for our hair. I swear to you, between that and my protein conditioner washes.....I think I'm in for big things. It's growing steadily and I don't get much shedding or breakage, so something's got to be right! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey, you noticing anything yet with your protein? Come onnnnnnnnn, tell me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You know you're gonna love me, right? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking all those big ole amino fuel pills better be worth it. I almost choked on one of them Thursday afternoon. Why are those things so huge?

In terms of growth, I can't really tell if my growth rate has increased taking the amino fuel pills. I am also eating a Designer Whey protein bar daily. Between the protein bar, amino fuel, and biotin hopefully my hair will consistently grow an inch a month. I will keep everyone informed.

Thanks Leshia and all the ladies on this thread.

Elliot

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
This sounds so fantastic.
Ladies who are feeling their growth skyrocket:
Don't you also take other supplements? How can you be sure the biotin isn't working in conjunction with them?

I actually have a bottle of PP biotin, but I was only taking 1000 mcg per day. I'll up the dose and buy more

LondonDiva

Honey Vibe said:
This sounds so fantastic.
Ladies who are feeling their growth skyrocket:
Don't you also take other supplements? How can you be sure the biotin isn't working in conjunction with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you think about it. All the women who have had the sensations and wonderful hair growth all have the PPB in common. Yes, they maybe taking other supplements but this is the one which they all have in common in taking. It's too much of a coincidence to NOT be the case.

Even though I was using a different brand of Biotin, which I've now stopped because I ran out, I too got itching which has now ceased and 2 weeks away from a touch up my hair is very manageable, something which is usually a problem for me right now. So I guess the growth rate has slowed since I ran out of my biotin.

**impatiently awaits the arrival of her PPB biotin so she can rip open the bottle like a crackhead waiting for a fix**

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Taking all those big ole amino fuel pills better be worth it. I almost choked on one of them Thursday afternoon. Why are those things so huge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got tired of taking all those pills, too. Have you tried amino acids in liquid form? I like Twinlab Cherry Amino Protein Amino Liquid Supplement Facts

I used to take Carlson Amino Blend Powder.
Amino Powder Supplement Facts

Leshia

elliot said:

Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, don't choke. I like "talking" to ya. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

elliot

Sassygirl,

I am going to try the liquid form when I finish up the pills--if I don't choke to death first. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Leshia--I like "talking" to you too. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Elliot

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Hokay girls, I just served up my bottle of PPB into the recommend dose, and I'll see what happens! I've also ordered more from Puritan's Pride, what with the HUGE SALE they're having. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

azul11

MAN I WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO BUY THESE IN A STORE AND NOT ON A WEBSITE. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I want to physically pick it up and buy it. you would think being in nyc there would a place that sells puritan pride. if anyone knows please let me know i really dont want to order this. God bless you all.

adf23

Yep, I agree about the PPB. I was talking another off brand of biotin from Wal Mart. I noticed growth, but my nails literally took off growing after just a week on PPB. And believe me, my nails are verrrry weak normally (but my hair is strong- go figure), no matter what I eat/ take. Right now my nails are hard as glass. I can't keep a pedicure, because my toe nails grow so darn fast! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And now that you ladies say it...my scalp has been itching more than normal, even the same day I wash it. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I completely attribute the growth to the PPB, because I have always taken a multi, and I've been taking flax seed oil for a while. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

I've been on it (PP Biotin) for 19 days now, and I will never go back to CountryLife. My nails look extra-cute and I can wear colored polish on them now. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

elliot

Crysdon said:
I've been on it (PP Biotin) for 19 days now, and I will never go back to CountryLife. My nails look extra-cute and I can wear colored polish on them now. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There you guys go again--getting me all excited about PPB. I have been taking it for seven days now. No noticeable results yet. I keep checking my nails for growth--like almost every hour! You guys have turned me into a biotin addict! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

elliot

Crysdon said:
Believe me elliott, it will happen overnight. Remember, "a watched pot never boils".

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay,
I will give it some time--like another day! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
Elliot

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL!

elliot, I didn't get the itchies until day 11, I think.

LondonDiva

adf23 said:
Yep, I agree about the PPB. I was talking another off brand of biotin from Wal Mart. I noticed growth, but my nails literally took off growing after just a week on PPB. And believe me, my nails are verrrry weak normally (but my hair is strong- go figure), no matter what I eat/ take. Right now my nails are hard as glass. I can't keep a pedicure, because my toe nails grow so darn fast! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And now that you ladies say it...my scalp has been itching more than normal, even the same day I wash it. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I completely attribute the growth to the PPB, because I have always taken a multi, and I've been taking flax seed oil for a while. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy this is good /images/graemlins/smile.gif this is very good /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Congrats girl, something good is going on there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NYCchild

I know what u mean. i live a mile from PP and im so sorry its not a 'store' /images/graemlins/frown.gif and their products are not sold in stores.
im at day 5 and still awaiting my bristling itching .... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

azul11

I just saw on their sites they accept money orders so now i am happy!! i hate paying with credit card all the time especially through the internet. so now i can just order that and then i will finally after almost a year get my elucence. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

NYCchild

Holy Moses! lets back up now.
I just called to check on my .49c order its very late. and asked tha lady how come they dont have a store! she said - 'of course we have a store, are u in ny?' i said yes, i just live a mile from you. she said No. apparently where we place our orders is just tha plant. they have a PHYSICAL store 10 miles from me (15mins drive) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now Ya'll know hubby will be driving me up there next three months when this stock done! /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Crysdon

they have a PHYSICAL store 10 miles from me (15mins drive)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not fair /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

azul11

NYCchild said:
Holy Moses! lets back up now.
I just called to check on my .49c order its very late. and asked tha lady how come they dont have a store! she said - 'of course we have a store, are u in ny?' i said yes, i just live a mile from you. she said No. apparently where we place our orders is just tha plant. they have a PHYSICAL store 10 miles from me (15mins drive) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now Ya'll know hubby will be driving me up there next three months when this stock done! /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif oh wow!!! but some strange reason i have a feeling its going to be way out of my way. i am quite sure its not going to be as close to me as the nearest duane reade. /images/graemlins/frown.gif God bless you all.