Pre poo

lav123

Hi ladies I need some advice. I have been reading that pre poo helps softens ones hair. My new growth is extremely dry and is causing major breaking and shedding. What products can be used for a pre poo?

Dolapo

anything.....i love to use oils. and sometimes i mix ALL my conditioners together and add oils and stuff. i like to do overnight pre poos

kombov_dymond

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a good one to start with. If your strands are coarse like mine, regular Olive Oil is good too.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
lav123 said:
Hi ladies I need some advice. I have been reading that pre poo helps softens ones hair. My new growth is extremely dry and is causing major breaking and shedding. What products can be used for a pre poo?

I use a cheapie cond. like VO5/Suave/White Rain and some warm evoo. I've been mixing in some Queen Helene's Jojoba Hot Oil treatment, with my cond and evoo and warming it all up

However, a prepoo, is basically like doing a hot oil treatment before you poo wash or CO wash.

Others use honey and evoo, evoo only or just an oil like Jojoba.

My hair is always so soft and moisturized. I contribute my soft moist hair to the pre-poos I've been doing since I've been on the forum..

What are you doing for a moisturizer for your newgrowth?

These product really help combat dry newgrowth: Shea butter, carrot oil or creme, coconut oil, just to name a few.

hth

~op~

lav123

Thanks for the replies. I will try either Evoo or olive oil for a pre poo. Other than these are there any other stuff I can use.

I just bought NTM leave in cream to use to help soften my new growth.

Daughter

UK Blak
kombov_dymond said:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a good one to start with. If your strands are coarse like mine, regular Olive Oil is good too.

Ditto! That's exactly what I use when I remember, sometimes I'll mix coconut oil with it.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
This may be unconventional but I like Lustrasilks Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus as a pre-poo treatment. I put it on for about 20 minutes and cover with a plastic cpa before I co-wash and I find that it adds more moisture to my hair than oils do.

-Hope this helps

lav123

Should I wet my hair and apply warm evoo or apply warm evoo on dry hair prior to washing. How long should I keep the evoo on? Can I use the evoo and a protein reconstructor in the same wash?

I am sorry for many questions but I want to do this right to combat my dry breaking hair.

Neroli

I use coconut milk as a pre poo. Before wetting my hair, I first massage scalp really good then apply coconut milk and saturate dry hair while in shower, then apply poo focusing the poo on scalp only with coconut milk still in hair (makes a rich creamy lather) and rinse good. That's it and I'm ready for ACV and condish. I get the benefit of clean scalp without totally stripping my hair 'cause the coconut milk coats the hair before the poo hits . . .

baglady215

I used Cholesterol as a pre poo and I really liked it!

I also like to use oils (EVOO, coconut oil, Hot 6). I put them on damp hair, heat a wet towel in the microwave, sit with the towel UNDER my plastic cap. Kind of a homemade steam treatment. Very moisturizing!

beloved1

I do overnight pre-poos for me and my daughter. For natural hair, I think honey is a great pre-poo, I use it on my relaxed hair too though- mixed with other stuff. Sometimes, I heat honey, evoo, and coconut milk, put it on our hair and put a plastic cap on overnight. I put my scarf over that to keep it from coming off and it's a great moisturizing pre-poo.