Prices @ Lavarhairdesigns are out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice

As some of you ma already know, myself and some other ladies on this board share the same stylist.....Marcia from Lavarhairdesigns. Marcia is without a doubt, one of the best stylist that I have ever come across /images/graemlins/smile.gif. However, I am considering moving on. The prices are really getting out of control /images/graemlins/mad.gif. For example:

Shampoo and rollerset : $60 (I want to know how is is possible for a shampoo to be $15 and a deep conditioner to be $15 per the price list but if you are getting a shampoo and rollerset, it jumps to $60 (especially with no mention of a conditioner) /images/graemlins/confused.gif. BTW, I never get my weekly wash and set done there.

The last time that I was there I paid $119 plus a $10 tip for my touch up /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif(I did get the Coulourshines and a "dusting" though). But the prices have gone up since and now I am wondering how much will cost me in the future. I just can't be bothered anymore. I wish Marica would just move and open her own salon.

I am in braids until New Years but already thinking about my options. I really don't want to leave Marica /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif but it should not cost me that much to do my hair when my hair is just touching my shoulders.

Sorry guys, I just needed to vent /images/graemlins/frown.gif. If you want to see the price list yourselves, here is the link http://www.lavarhairdesigns.com/LHDPricelist904.pdf

MonaLisa

Sweet Lawd...now I know how Ms. Lavar copped that sweet pad in New York that was on Oprah.

I wish you luck with your decision to stay with your current stylist or move on.

Carlie

So, it's $80 for a touchup now...no longer $72? I only went to her for my touchups but I've recently decided on having my hair done at home this time around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice

New York Ladies help me out!!! There is one other stylist that I would love to go to. My mother use to go to her but the only problem is that she works in the same salon as my stylist b/4 Marcia. So I feel kind of weird /images/graemlins/look.gif

MonaLisa

Man Nice...whew...you have decisions to make. But ya gotta take care of your baby (ya hair). Everybody is different. I'm about to tell a story. Grab a snack and a beverage.

Me..being an Aries and just how my personality is...I wouldn't give a rat's ***. I had two incidents that I guess one would think as uncomfortable...the first..I went to an African braiding salon once..the chick jacked up my hair...I went back to THE SAME PLACE...got my hair done by somebody else there..who wound up being the one of the best hair braiders I ever had. First I had to step to the chick cause she was coming out her mouth at the lady who was doing my hair - and I let the WHOLE shop know...she jacked up my hair and nobody tells me what to do with my loot. 2nd incident...closer to what you're considering...This chick..fairly upscale salon, AA gossipy..u get the atmosphere...the chick messed up my weave...I kept going back...she still couldn't get it right. A new chick was starting in the salon...when I saw how she did her own weave...I was like give me your card...Yes, I did go back...while the other stylist was still there...and the new chick is now...my current weaveologist. My satisfaction and my hair comes first. Call me insensitive...but..wha eva. This is NY girl.

Nice

MonaLisa girl you are out of control /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I hear you though, it is my hair and I have to do what is best for it. I failed to mention earlier that my sister still goes to my previous hairdresser (pre-Marica days) and he still calls me occasionally for find out how I am doing (he was/is interested;) in me being more than his client,if you get my point).

MonaLisa

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shucky Ducky now! Hmmmm....
Do I hear...hair getting done for free in your future@Nice.
This whole saga may get better than "Passions."

Keep us posted!

Desert Skye

wow that is crazy to spend 60 bucks on a rollerset when you can find another salon who will do it for 10 during thier "crazy wednesdays" specials.

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shucky Ducky now! Hmmmm....
Do I hear...hair getting done for free in your future@Nice.
This whole saga may get better than "Passions."

Keep us posted!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif You are so bad!!!! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
wow that is crazy to spend 60 bucks on a rollerset when you can find another salon who will do it for 10 during thier "crazy wednesdays" specials.

[/ QUOTE ]

[email protected] up. I get mad when I have to pay 17 on the weekend..

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You know. They are so full of themselves /images/graemlins/mad.gif. They were actually thinking of getting a nail tech to work in the salon and when I asked what happened, the owner's brother had the nerve say if they couldn't justify charging people more than the price down to street then what's the point /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

cutebajangirl

Nice- I would keep going to Marcia and not get the colourshines or I would go to your mom's stylist. It will creat tension but you cannot go back to someone who won't do your hair right. Is there a day that your previous stylist has off so you can go on that day?

oglorious1

Mixologist
They ought to know better, I get so sick and tired of folks, who get a little celebrity and celebrity clients, then they jack up the prices, that makes no sense whatsoever, their hair is just as good as mine, HEY, mine is better, but they're chargin 250 for a relaxer...somebody needs to check em'

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Nice- I would keep going to Marcia and not get the colourshines or I would go to your mom's stylist. It will creat tension but you cannot go back to someone who won't do your hair right. Is there a day that your previous stylist has off so you can go on that day?

[/ QUOTE ]

CBG, thanks for your advice. I actually thought about that and discussed it with my mother's stylist. She was okay with it. I feel really shady doing that though.

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Man Nice...whew...you have decisions to make. But ya gotta take care of your baby (ya hair). Everybody is different. I'm about to tell a story. Grab a snack and a beverage.

Me..being an Aries and just how my personality is...I wouldn't give a rat's ***. I had two incidents that I guess one would think as uncomfortable...the first..I went to an African braiding salon once..the chick jacked up my hair...I went back to THE SAME PLACE...got my hair done by somebody else there..who wound up being the one of the best hair braiders I ever had. First I had to step to the chick cause she was coming out her mouth at the lady who was doing my hair - and I let the WHOLE shop know...she jacked up my hair and nobody tells me what to do with my loot. 2nd incident...closer to what you're considering...This chick..fairly upscale salon, AA gossipy..u get the atmosphere...the chick messed up my weave...I kept going back...she still couldn't get it right. A new chick was starting in the salon...when I saw how she did her own weave...I was like give me your card...Yes, I did go back...while the other stylist was still there...and the new chick is now...my current weaveologist. My satisfaction and my hair comes first. Call me insensitive...but..wha eva. This is NY girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif You are out of control, ML.

Nice - those prices are outrageous /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Honestly, though, if Marcia is really all that, then I would keep going to her, but would try to stretch my relaxers as much as possible. Maybe you can start going to the $10 Dominicans to stretch your relaxers?

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:

I love it /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif You are out of control, ML.

Maybe you can start going to the $10 Dominicans to stretch your relaxers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aiight @Miss_Brown...ya feel me? LOL.

And co-sign on the Dominican spot. Does right by my hair and my wallet. And sometimes...I don't wanna pay dat.

dreemssold

EXACTLY @ glossyxlipz /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif @ Mona...you crack me up!

Nice, I wish I could recommend a place but ITA that place is much too pricey. The braids side of the price list is making me downright ill. I would most definitely move on /images/graemlins/smile.gif.