• More than $5

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • More than $10

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • More than $15

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • More than $20

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • I'd pay more than $20 for a single hair care product.

Votes: 92 62.6%

• Total voters

chayil0427

Here on LHCF where an at home relaxer can have a cult following even though it's 60 dollars and 8oz bottles of conditioner or hairdressing can total in excess of 15 dollars, I ask you how much it too much to pay for a hair care product?

One of my favorite products is Mizani H2O Nite Cream which is 17 dollars for a jar that I believe is about 6 ounces. Honestly as a college student prices like these are hard to digest, but I do because I want the best for my hair and it's hard to find products that work with my unique texture.

nycutiepie

I'm in a position to afford this stuff since I work and I'm done with all my schooling but I am willing to pay ANY amount for a product that I think is going to work.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have and would pay more than $20 for a product, but I would do major research and saving before I purchased it. And you can believe that I'm going to make it last.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
IF IT WORKED AND GAVE CONSISTENT RESULTS I'd pay more than 20.00. I'm finding tho that cheaper stuff is working better for me. I just recently reordered all my oyin stuff, and it could just be this batch since all the stuff is handmade, but the fantasia gel combined with Qhemet's honey balm is giving me better results and allows my hair to move. I may just go back to my qhemet honey balm, shine n define activator and the fantasia gel. I'm going to clarify before I make a final decision, I know build up from shea products and cause problems.

navsegda

Well, in some places the CHI Silk Infusion is $18.95 for the 6 oz. bottle and can be around $39.95 for the 12 oz...but I would definitely be willing to pay either one of those amounts if I ran out and couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else because this stuff is the truth! I also am willing to pay a pretty penny for a good flat iron (my Solia is the bomb), good blow dryer (I love my BaByliss), and a good reconstructor (JOICO may be around $20 or more depending on the size). Also, if I researched and found another wonderful product that was more than $20, I'd gladly pay it if I couldn't find a cheaper deal somewhere. :grin:

Radianthealth

Shame on all of you!!!:p

Just Kidding, I would definitely pay more than 20 bucks for a hair product, I have done it and most likely will continue to do it for the right product.

Maybe you should bump the dollar amount up on the poll, knowing that on this board most people are likely to spend a lot on products:)

I paid $1200 for a lacefront once. I don't think I would do it again, but that was my most expensive hair splurge....SMH:look:

camellia

The big bottles of Humectress are more than $20, and so are the bottles of Alterna's Hemp Hydrate. They work so well that I don't mind paying more for them. None of the drugstore conditioners I've used even come close to giving me the same silky moisturized results that these 2 give me.

But I figure it all evens out, because I do all of my haircare at home. I don't go to the salon, I buy the biggest bottles of shampoo and conditioner I can find because they're usually cheaper that way. I also buy in bulk when I find one of my products on sale.

baglady215

I guess it also depends on the size of the product. $20 for a liter of shampoo/conditioner is not a lot at all, but the same $20 on a 4 ounce jar is a different story. I'd still pay it though if it worked. :lol:

taraglam2

I am normally paying $20 or more for hair care products because I buy my conditioners in Liter Sizes and the majority of my haircare product stash are professional products [ RUSK, AVEDA, KENRA, PAUL MITCHELL ].

HoneyDew

This is kinda hard for you to give a straight answer to.

I will pay more for quanity - liter sizes and 5lb tubs. I will pay over $20 for those.

I just can't see myself paying $15-$20 on small tubes and bottles of anything that I will use up really fast. There are just so many great products that I can get at cheaper prices.

thefineprint

You get what you pay for.

I don't mind dishing out more money, especially for natural products that don't contain parabens and harsh detergents. A healthy body means more to me than an extra $5 in my wallet.

chayil0427

trimbride said:
Shame on all of you!!!:p

Just Kidding, I would definitely pay more than 20 bucks for a hair product, I have done it and most likely will continue to do it for the right product.

Maybe you should bump the dollar amount up on the poll, knowing that on this board most people are likely to spend a lot on products:)

I paid $1200 for a lacefront once. I don't think I would do it again, but that was my most expensive hair splurge....SMH:look:

1200 :eek: oooooh! But I'm paying that much for my puppy and everyone is in shock LOL. But that's a lot for a wig girl!!

Chayil

Siren

I wouldn't pay any more than $10 (unless I'm buying in bulk) for a product.
I don't have much money to just spend on expensive products (I am about to re-enter college and every little bit of money I save goes a long way) when I can get the same results from natural products or "cheapies".

I used to buy into the hype that more expensive products are better but after wasting excess amount of money (only to throw much of the stuff in the trash) I will stick with my cheapies.

Now wigs are another story but I shop around to find a good deal.

Artemis

I'll pay up to $15 on the regular sizes of staple products, but if I see them in bulk packaging and I have the cash, then I'll spend more. But for appliances (flat iron, blow dryer, etc.) I'll usu. spend around $40-50, but lately I've been eyeing the Sedu and the Solia (can't decide; may choose Solia b/c of $$) so that's a/b to be a different story :look:. It's all about quality stuff, but at the same time, I gotta be reasonable!

jtsupanova

I pay $22 for my Fredric Fekkai Shea Butter Hair Mask its only 5oz but my hair loves it and it last 1-2 months depending on how I use it
I want to be cheap and find a deep conditioner that works as good as it does but you pay for quality

shunta

I dont think I would pay over $25 for one particular product.

I know alot of people buy that Miss Jessies curly pudding, and I think I heard someone say that they paid like $50 for it!:eek: I was like, oh hell naw!!

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

There really isn't any set price on products when it comes to my hair. I want to purchase Aveda concentrate, Aveda sap moss poo and the detangling conditioner but I'm waiting til income time cuz I want the liter bottles. I really don't care about the prices though.

Last edited:

toniy

I am guilty. I will pay whatever cost to get my hair healthy. But only if I had it. I will NOT go hungry for a hair product.:)
Just kidding, I am just happy that I have finally been Blessed enough to be able to get the things I want in life.

MzOptimistic

artemis_e. said:
I'll pay up to $15 on the regular sizes of staple products, but if I see them in bulk packaging and I have the cash, then I'll spend more. But for appliances (flat iron, blow dryer, etc.) I'll usu. spend around $40-50, but lately I've been eyeing the Sedu and the Solia (can't decide; may choose Solia b/c of $$) so that's a/b to be a different story :look:. It's all about quality stuff, but at the same time, I gotta be reasonable!

Right, I'll spend money on my staple products and they last me a year. I'm just running out of things from last February. I buy all my products at one time so I will not have to worry about running out of things. Time to restock income tax time and that's when I splurge BIG time but they're my staples:p

bellesocialite

I selected no more than $10. My most expesnive product is my Fantasia IC Leave In Conditioner which is one of my staples. My hair reacts very well with my cheapies so I figure I don't need to get higher-end products.

For services and appliances, I'll spend more but from the product stand point, $10 is my limit (unless I get a sample and I fall in love with it)

blazingthru

I am cheap I don't like to spend over five dollars. But I have over and over again. I spent 70 dollars for Miss Jessies' product. As far as products go that might be the most expensive thing I ever brought. I spent more for services of course and for appliances. Flat irons and things of the nature. Quality. I had my expensive blow dryer since I was 16 years old. I just got rid of it a year ago. that is 25 years for a blow dryer it was that good. I spent a great deal on stuff since I been on this site- I will spend it if it works on my hair. I like the Miss Jessies so I will bite the bullet and purchase it. I love how my hair shines and stays in place. So I might cry about the price but if it helps me to acheive the goal I am trying to reach with my hair then yeah I will spend it. The thing is every single time I go to use the buttercream I think this jar cost me 58 dollars and 10 for shipping.

Lavendar

$20 really is a drop in the bucket for some products. I use Phyto, which I have been using for a year and thankfully have yet to pay $60 for. It's definitely worth it though because I no longer go to a stylist every 6 weeks and pay $95 for a touch-up, trim, and rollerset.

PrincessDiva

nycutiepie said:
I'm in a position to afford this stuff since I work and I'm done with all my schooling but I am willing to pay ANY amount for a product that I think is going to work.

Cosigning..If it will work I`m game. price doesn`t matter.BTW I just purchased a 6 month supply of Viviscal & HF37(the whole system:Vitamins,herbs,& aminos)...In 2007 Its "Waistlength or Bust" ( Hopefully it won`t "BUST" my wallet first):lol:

HoneyDew

If I want it, i'll buy it!! I buy whatever I want - It's my money!

I just use reason. I will not spend lots of money for something that I can get cheaper. there are many expensive products that are just NOT as goos as the cheaper ones.

but, If there is something that i really like and cannot replace, i will spend the cash!!

Evazhair

I just use reason. I will not spend lots of money for something that I can get cheaper. there are many expensive products that are just NOT as goos as the cheaper ones.

but, If there is something that i really like and cannot replace, i will spend the cash!!

Thanks for saving me keystrokes this is me to a "T"! :yep:

BrownBetty

+1 This is how I feel.