Product Review: This Brush Replaced My Denam

vevster

I know for a fact that if I passed on the sale to look at TJ Maxx I wouldn't not have found any..... lol I'm glad ladies were able to get it cheaper.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^Um, so why is the logo on mine different; doesn't say tek on it like I see on the Tek website? Is it the discontinued version :look: If it's a knock off, I'm actually ok with that. Aint nobody tryna pay $50.00. I got the knock off Denman too.

Beamodel

Beamodel I went to the one on Veterans right past the Best Buy. This was my first time going to TJ Maxx so I just went to the one that seemed easiest to get to since I was already going in that direction.

BranwenRosewood

Oh ok. I went to that one a few days ago and they didn't have any. They must have restocked. Glad you got yours. I love this brush. It feels like a comb and a brush together

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I just got home and my brush came today. I'm so excited I will use it in the am. Here are my thoughts so far:1. Was not very happy with the company at first because I first placed my order on I believe cyber Monday I received an email confirming my purchase but it did not contain any shipping info. I waited a few days then I emailed them inquiring when I should expect my brush. They reply to my email telling me that my payment did not go through and that I should have got an email telling I would have to reorder. I never got the email. So I redid the order and got the same type of email confirming my order but again it did not contain any shipping Info. So I emailed the asking them to confirm that they received payment this time. They did respond eating that they did receive it and they would be emailing me shipping info. I never got an email mail with shipping info. So it would have been nice it they had better communication. 2. This bristles do not feel like wood I was actually pleasantly surprised by how the feel against my hand. I was expecting them to feel hard like wood the don't. They feel firm I was a little worried they would be hard. I will use the brush tomorrow to style my hair. I am natural and I will be using it on my wet hair. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• image-3963269418.jpg
    image-3963269418.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1127039904.jpg
    image-1127039904.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image-659289459.jpg
    image-659289459.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 95

atlien11

I use mine on both wet and dry hair. If my hair is dry, its usually saturated in Avocado oil to assist me with a pre-poo application. It does a great job at distrubing the oil from root to tip, but i am very careful when doing this.

If I use it on wet hair, its soaked in the shower with conditioner :yep:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used my new brush for my wash n go this morning it worked well. I would say it is comparable to my denman brush. I found it a little harder to clean than my denman, but that would not stop me from using it.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't find it at Marshalls either. I think most of us found it at TJMaxx.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

So I took your advice and I went to TJ Maxx and they had the Tekk brush. Several of them. Hopefully I purchased the right one. They had different colors too. I'll upload the pic of the brush later.

I can't wait to try it.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
TJ Maxx in the city didn't have the brush. I'll be heading downtown today with my baby brother. Hopefully that TJ Maxx has some in stock. If Froreal3 took them all I'm gonna cry

PlainJane

I went all the way to TJ maxx last week to get this brush and bought everything but the brush :drunk: I completely forgot so I'm going back today.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Here my tek brush. I'm bout to use it. Will report back.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141213_152614.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141213_152614.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 87

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ok, so I'm feeling this brush. I have always liked the way paddle brushes detangled, but I never wanted to use them due to the balls on the ends and snagging/pulling. This one glides through my hair. I had conditioner and oils in it as I detangled. It took all my sheds out without snagging and pulling. I will use this several more times for the final verdict, but so far so good. :yep:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Ok, so I'm feeling this brush. I have always liked the way paddle brushes detangled, but I never wanted to use them due to the balls on the ends and snagging/pulling. This one glides through my hair. I had conditioner and oils in it as I detangled. It took all my sheds out without snagging and pulling. I will use this several more times for the final verdict, but so far so good. :yep:

Just bought this today at Marshall's. It was the only one left and was hidden between a bunch of other brushes.

PlainJane

Here my tek brush. I'm bout to use it. Will report back.
This is the one I bought today. I used it after I detangled with my shower comb on conditioner soaked hair before I shampooed. No complaints thus far. I'll have to try it on dry hair later in the week.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I REALLY like this brush. I used it to detangle with while I had my DC in my hair. What I like most about it is that the bristles don't bend like how the denman brush bristles bend.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I'm excited to use this brush now. I will most likely use it tomorrow before I wash to detangle. Finger combing is ok but I have too much hair and it just tangles and forms knots which I hate.

Amarilles

I have zero problems with my Denman but I like having a variety of quality brushes and combs.

I just ordered and cannot even bring myself to say how much I paid :lol::blush: But has anyone tried any of the brushes with the extra long pins? The one I chose has them but the pins don't seem to seem to be in the shape of a baseball bat, it's like they curve in and out. Hopefully that won't make a difference.

Really hoping I like this! I like brushes to detangle thoroughly (like the Denman), will do a comparison once I get it!

Attachments

• 1650-38.jpg
    1650-38.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 74

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have zero problems with my Denman but I like having a variety of quality brushes and combs.

I just ordered and cannot even bring myself to say how much I paid :lol::blush: But has anyone tried any of the brushes with the extra long pins? The one I chose has them but the pins don't seem to seem to be in the shape of a baseball bat, it's like they curve in and out. Hopefully that won't make a difference.

Really hoping I like this! I like brushes to detangle thoroughly (like the Denman), will do a comparison once I get it!

Amarilles I ordered this one off Amazon. I will try it out this weekend.

BranwenRosewood

I'm loving my Tek so far. I haven't used another comb or brush since I got it. I like a lot better than my seamless combs. I might try to blow dry with it tomorrow. It probably won't work but I want to try anyway.