Product Review: This Brush Replaced My Denam

reeko43

I really love my Tek brush. I also ordered a Bass paddle brush with the wooden bristles and love that one as well. Giving my Denman away!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Finally picked up my TEK Brush last night (wanted to wait until the holiday rush was over).

They had x2. I should have bought them both. *sucks teef hard*

I also ordered a BASS Paddle Brush for $15.99 w/Free Shipping.

atlien11

I'm loving my Tek so far. I haven't used another comb or brush since I got it. I like a lot better than my seamless combs. I might try to blow dry with it tomorrow. It probably won't work but I want to try anyway.

BranwenRosewood I tried to blowdry with my Tek and i broke one of the teeth...i almost cried. Thank God I have two backups...

just be careful girlie.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Got the BASS Bamboo Large Paddle Brush as a back up.

Must admit, I like the size of the Oval TEK Brush a little better for handling.

I should have gotten a smaller size in the BASS.

Performance is nice, it's just awkward for me handling.

If I just happen to be at TJMaxx or Marshall's, I will look for another Oval Tek (as a back up).

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have zero problems with my Denman but I like having a variety of quality brushes and combs.

I just ordered and cannot even bring myself to say how much I paid :lol::blush: But has anyone tried any of the brushes with the extra long pins? The one I chose has them but the pins don't seem to seem to be in the shape of a baseball bat, it's like they curve in and out. Hopefully that won't make a difference.

Really hoping I like this! I like brushes to detangle thoroughly (like the Denman), will do a comparison once I get it!

Amarilles So I used the brush w/the extra long bristles and I like it even better than the regular. It can take on larger sections due to the extended length of the bristles. The bristles are very flexible so they have a lot of give when going through my hair. I only detangle w/a brush once a month, so this did an amazing job at gently removing leftover sheds (after light finger detangling).

Amarilles

YES! Thanks Froreal3, mine came in the other day, I haven't washed my hair in forever but will do so either later today or tomorrow. I'll also give a little review on here once I do.

The bristles of the brush seem so soft despite the wood...I'm afraid my strands will have it for breakfast :blush: My hair is hard... so used to the Denman and my Hercules Sagemann combs. We will see!

PlainJane

I'm still using this brush. The only thing I don't like is the handle. I wish it had some type of comfort grip.

atlien11

Ladies who are still looking for this brush: I found two at Home Goods, of all places, for $10.00. If you can't find one at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, check there.

-atlien11

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I've been trying to avoid this thread but I really want one!!!
Think I'll spend my lunch break today at HomeGoods... :look:

NaturalBritt87

Has anybody recently tracked down this brush? I haven't had any luck and after last week's 3 hour finger detangling session, I'm officially over it (finger detangling). I am willing to pay for the brush and shipping via PayPal if any of you kind ladies can find one for me, preferably an oval one, but I'll take what I can get lol. Froreal3 atlien11 IDareT'sHair Beamodel and anyone else who can help me out. Thanks in advance :)

atlien11

Has anybody recently tracked down this brush? I haven't had any luck and after last week's 3 hour finger detangling session, I'm officially over it (finger detangling). I am willing to pay for the brush and shipping via PayPal if any of you kind ladies can find one for me, preferably an oval one, but I'll take what I can get lol. Froreal3 atlien11 IDareT'sHair Beamodel and anyone else who can help me out. Thanks in advance :)

NaturalBritt87

I found two Tek brushes at HomeGoods that have the colored handles and mailed one of them out to another member here since she was having a hard time finding one also. I would be happy to send one to you as well! I sent her the green one and I think the other one that is left is Red.

Let me know :)

ETA: The colored brushes seem a little different from the original wooden ones but I think that they should be the same quality.

Last edited:

NaturalBritt87

atlien11 you are God sent :bighug: I definitely will take it! I'll PM you to give you my paypal email address and zip code for shipping calculations. Thank you thank you so much!

atlien11

atlien11 you are God sent :bighug: I definitely will take it! I'll PM you to give you my paypal email address and zip code for shipping calculations. Thank you thank you so much!

NaturalBritt87 No problem, trust me I feel your pain! Just so you know we got snow again here in Philly and i don't know how to drive in it yet lol. So ill send as soon as its safe. Go ahead and PM me your info :)

Beamodel

NaturalBritt87

I will go to TJ Maxx to look for one did you tomorrow. I was just in that area earlier today too but I'm just now seeing your post.

I totally don't mind doing it for you or for anyone who is having trouble locating one on the ground.

NaturalBritt87

NaturalBritt87

I will go to TJ Maxx to look for one did you tomorrow. I was just in that area earlier today too but I'm just now seeing your post.

I totally don't mind doing it for you or for anyone who is having trouble locating one on the ground.
I was able to get a brush, thank you for the offer! It's very sweet of you.

Amarilles

So in January I got the Tornado Long Tooth brush from the Italian site.

I've used it about 4 or 5 times now...really loving it. I really like that the bristles are soft but it isn't a weak brush. It doesn't rip through knots, it kinda bends to them. It can make them tighter but at least it doesn't rip. I'm pretty impressed.

It can definitely stand up to the Denman, and actually the Denman now feels too rough which is crazy to me as I've been using it for forever. The Tek detangles beautifully...I detangle super thoroughly, I pretty much keep brushing until my styling tool passes through without getting stuck, from all angles. I always try to get every last hair out and the Tek does really well. When I first started using it I would use the Denman after (to see how much hair the Tek left behind) and the Denman would come out clean. Really liking this brush.

It also gives me Denman-like clumping. My hair is drenched in water and condish in these:
Denman (left), Tek (right)

The con is that it's hard to remove shed hair from the comb, and my hair wraps around its teeth pretty tightly. I lose my patience and just break hair off of the comb which sucks, because after detangling I like to check hair for white root tips from my shed ball, so I haven't been doing that. I also stupidly bought a black comb which makes it hard to even see the hair on pad. But maybe that's a blessing too since half the time I don't bother to clean it completely once I'm done :drunk: Today I used the the tail of a rattail comb to clean the hair and it was easier.

However I don't get why people buy numerous brushes? IMO this one is just fine, I won't be purchasing any additional Tek brushes.

NaturalBritt87

Amarilles great review! I agree with all the pros you mentioned. I found that my shed hairs actually removed very well from the brush. My brush doesn't have the extra long teeth like yours. I have the oval, white pad, color handle tek brush. I believe the reason why people covet this brush is because it is hard to find on the ground but not overwhelmingly expensive like online ($14.99 usually). Also, I think ladies like having back ups just in case something happens to the bristles or handle, going back to the hard to locate on the ground factor, and it's that good of a brush lol.
I love this brush! I had been finger detangling exclusively for almost 2 years because tools just felt like they were ripping through my hair. As a consequence to only finger detangling, my detangling sessions would range anywhere from 1-3 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that anymore! I'm over finger detangling Now and have faith that this brush will do my hair a world of justice. It has changed the game for my wash day routine! It detangles dry hair like a dream too. Just a great brush overall!

Amarilles

Has anyone noticed any signs of wear/stress on the bristles? Today as I was about to clean the brush I noticed this:

And then when I looked closely many bristles have very slight itty bitty wear. Not quite as bad where the arrow points, but just kind of feathery-looking. Very subtly, but visible upon close inspection. I tried circling some of bristles on the pic but it was hard to capture.

Anyone else? I wonder if the quality of the long tooth brush is different as they're not exactly baseball bat-shaped. I'm visiting my family in the states until next week so I'm thinking of getting a regular-toothed one just to compare overtime, but I'm a little disappointed. I will contact Tek Italy to see if maybe they will replace my brush. :(

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Amarilles

I did a thorough brushing tonight as well, from all angles to remove sheds for tomorrow's wash day.

I examined mine thoroughly, after reading your post and do not see any noticeable wear & tear on the bristles.

When I use it, I put it through its paces, because it feels so good.

I have the regular TEK not the one with the long bristles.

Theresamonet

I need to come to this side more often. Do you know how many times I've seen these Tek brushes at Marshall's/TJMaxx?? :wallbash: I'm going to hunt tomorrow.

Last edited: