Product similar too...

NowIAmNappy

Mixed Chicks. So my sister finally got a hold of the Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner and fell in love with it but doesn't want to pay the $50 for the large bottle. Is there another product that works as well as Mixed Chicks leave in but is cheaper? If there is a thread about this can you point me in the right direction.. thanks

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
There's Mixed Silk by Silk Elements.which is a knock of of MC that's sold in Sally's but I'm not sure if they even still sell it. Last I heard Mixed Chicks won the lawsuit they had against them for copying their product.

crazytrish75

There's Mixed Silk by Silk Elements.which is a knock of of MC that's sold in Sally's but I'm not sure if they even still sell it. Last I heard Mixed Chicks won the lawsuit they had against them for copying their product.

They don't sell it anymore :sad: It was immediately yanked off the shelves as soon as the lawsuit verdict was handed down. I even tried to cajole the clerks in the local Sally's into giving me the ones they pulled off the shelves but no bueno. I didn't realize what was going down until it went down, otherwise I surely would have stocked up because it was my favorite conditioner to use as a leave-in. I mixed it with some distilled water and SAA :lick:

NowIAmNappy

Thanks ladies, I might have to save up and gift a bottle to my sister because I havent seen a product work so well on her hair before.

Kinky4Agirl

Why is it called mixed chicks? Is it because they cater to people with mixed blood? I want to buy it but if it is not going to work well on my kinks I don't want to waste my money.

NowIAmNappy

Why is it called mixed chicks? Is it because they cater to people with mixed blood? I want to buy it but if it is not going to work well on my kinks I don't want to waste my money.

It was started by mixed chicks, but from what I hear anybody can use it. Im not mixed and neither is my sister and it works really well on her hair. Some factors to consider when using a product shouldnt be if its only for mixed chicks but how a product reacts to porous hair, dry hair, damaged hair, fine or coarse hair. I think those factors come into play more then what type of person uses the product.