Question about ApHOGEE Treatment!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been using Elasta Qp Breakage COntrol Serum as a light protein treatment once a month. I've never done a hardcore protein treatment which I need to do since my hair is overprocessed and damaged from coloring and using heat in the past. My hair is starting to thrive since I have stopped relaxing and stopped using heat, but my ends are thin and somewhat brittle. :ohwell:
I'm thinking about getting ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair. I will first buy a sample before buying the product.;)

Question:
Can I use any moisturizer besides the Aphogee moisturizer after using this treatment??? Would S-Curl or Elasta QP Recovery be sufficient after using this Aphogee treatment?:confused:

Any other suggestions, tips, or comments about this product would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :cool:

Last edited:

Cincysweetie

I too bought a sample of the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair (I think I will be getting the regular size b/c I really liked it). I followed up with my Humectress. I don't think that you HAVE to use their moisturizer and I am not sure about the S-Curl or EQP Recovery. Hope that helped some...

Poohbear

Oh! :eek:

I'm reading some product information about Aphogee and it says, "After rinsing, and moisturizing, clients are astounded with the results." I guess when they talk about "moisturizing" they're talking about a moisturizing conditioner.

So would Suave Professionals Humectant or Salerm21 be sufficient enough after using this treatment??? :confused:

Dolapo

i used aphogee once and my breakage reduced. the next time i used it, my hair was practically flaling out and it was so dry. dont know what went wrong but im NEVER going to use it again

Poohbear

Dolapo said:
i used aphogee once and my breakage reduced. the next time i used it, my hair was practically flaling out and it was so dry. dont know what went wrong but im NEVER going to use it again
DOLAPO...

did u use a moisturizing product after using the treatment???

how far apart did you use Aphogee from the first time you used it to the next time you used it???

Nenah

I used the Aphogee moisturizer treatment afterwards I don't think it should be a problem but I would use something that is going to deep condition the hair after to bring to it's state prior to treatment. HTH

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
As far as I know you must use a moisturinzer deep conditioner after using the treatment. Sarlem 21 or EQ Recovery are leave-in's, you need a deep conditioner with this treatment or your hair will be hard and brittle.

Last night I followed the intrustions on the damage post but I used a sample of "Silk Elements" Luxery Moisturizing Conditoner instead of PM Super charge and I think I have found my moisturizing deep conditioner. So you don't have to use their conditioner but find one that is a deep conditioner.

syoulee1

I found that the Aphogee balancing moisterizer wasn't enough for my hair. So instead I use a deep conditioner like LeKair cholesterol.

Poohbear

Would deep conditioning with LeKair's Cholesterol Plus w/ Hot Six Oil be sufficient enough after using Aphogee??? :confused:

Last edited:

KinksnCurlz

Personally, if this is your first time using a hardcore protein treatment, i would not suggest that you start with aphogee. don't get me wrong, i've been using aphogee since i was like 17, but if you don't do it rite, your hair will feel like straw so i would suggest that you 1) go to a professional to see exactly how it should be done or 2) get nexxus emergencee (i hate nexxus products) b/c that's the best treatment i've used up to date. And what's best about it, is that it leaves the hair SILKY SOFT after rinsing out.

But if you are set on using the aphogee, you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to apply a moisturizing conditioner (no heat nec) like humecto for at least 10 mins. You can mix in the balancing moisturizer if you like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Rinse your hair really well (esp. after rinsing out the aphogee - rinse for like 3 mins).

Poohbear

CaramelHonee said:
Personally, if this is your first time using a hardcore protein treatment, i would not suggest that you start with aphogee. don't get me wrong, i've been using aphogee since i was like 17, but if you don't do it rite, your hair will feel like straw so i would suggest that you 1) go to a professional to see exactly how it should be done or 2) get nexxus emergencee (i hate nexxus products) b/c that's the best treatment i've used up to date. And what's best about it, is that it leaves the hair SILKY SOFT after rinsing out.

But if you are set on using the aphogee, you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to apply a moisturizing conditioner (no heat nec) like humecto for at least 10 mins. You can mix in the balancing moisturizer if you like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Rinse your hair really well (esp. after rinsing out the aphogee - rinse for like 3 mins).
Hmmm.... I might try the Nexxus Emergencee if Aphogee is hardcore like that. :eek: I don't want my hair to feel like straw. I also might try a sample of that Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner too. Do you know if Nexxus Emergenceee has samples? I don't wanna buy a whole bottle and just try it once. :cool:

Last edited:

KinksnCurlz

samples im not aware of but they do sell a small bottle (like 4oz or something like that) for like $15-$20 bucks. it glides on like shampoo so you won't have to use a lot either

Poohbear

WOW! $15-20 bucks for a 4 oz. bottle! :shocked: I'm a cheapy when it comes to hair products!

Hmmm... I might ask someone to get me this for Christmas or something. Heehee! :D

Last edited:

Poohbear

Well, do you guys think a sample of Aphogee Treatment followed up by a sample of Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner will work??? :confused: (I can't afford Keracare Humecto either :ohwell: )

Last edited:

dreemssold

4 weeks is too soon for another Aphogee. When I get them, I treat them like relaxers. No sooner than 6-8 weeks, and really the further apart the better. I have never put my own in, either...and I've been getting the at least 12 years, but I'd still be scared :) .

KAddy

CaramelHonee said:

OK, I have to agree with CH that you should want to try the Nexxus one. I tried Aphogee first (I got the sample pack that cam with the shampoo protein and moisturizing conditioner). I got alright results with it and it was a good price. $1.99 at my local BSS.

However, I also purchased Emergencee and used that this past weekend. I like this one MUCH better and I too despise Nexxus products (they just don't leave my hair soft like my PhytoSpecific products). It does leave the hair silkier than the Aphogee one.

KinksnCurlz

Poohbear said:
Well, do you guys think a sample of Aphogee Treatment followed up by a sample of Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner will work??? :confused: (I can't afford Keracare Humecto either :ohwell: )

this should work well... as long as you know the silk elements IS very moisturizing. remember, the aphogee gets hard (really hard) so you are trying to soften the hair after rinsing the aphogee out.

Poohbear

Dolapo said:
i used the aphogee moisturiser. I think like 4 weeks apart
Do you think using it 4 weeks later is what caused the problem? I would think that was a short period of time to use it again. :)

Poohbear

CaramelHonee said:
this should work well... as long as you know the silk elements IS very moisturizing. remember, the aphogee gets hard (really hard) so you are trying to soften the hair after rinsing the aphogee out.
Thanks CH! :D My sister has very thick, dry hair and she used this conditioner and she said it was very moisturizing! :)

KinksnCurlz

btw, i used my aphogee every 4-6 weeks... whenever i needed it (but never shorter than 4 weeks apart). it's a very good treatment but not the best imo. the sample might be easier as opposed to the big bottle b/c u would put exactly what is needed on ur hair (sample - 1 use) as opposed to pouring that ishh out on ur head :D i say go 4 it :)

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I just tried it last night and it was very moisturizing. It is a keeper :D

Poohbear said:
Thanks CH! :D My sister has very thick, dry hair and she used this conditioner and she said it was very moisturizing! :)

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I always do a moisturizing cream conditioner afterwards for managability and softening the hair since the ApHogee can be a bit drying and then add a good moisturizer/oil (like WGO). Pooh, I actually just did a treatment on Saturday night.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Dolapo said:

You probably needed to follow it up with a truly moisturizing conditioner and then a good leave in like Mango Butter. I have to do this whenever I use Aphoghee and haven't had any problems.

Poohbear

Thanks vickiepickles!

I already have WGHO. So after I get a sample of Aphogee and Silk Elements Conditioner, I will use those and then apply WGHO. :)

SilverSurfer

I like the Nexxus KeraPhiix Reconstructor (something like that) I purchase the sample packets at the beauty store for like 2 for $1.00. I makes your hair super soft and stops the damage due to shedding or breakage.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I started using the Aphogee Treatment about 3mths ago and personally I use their Moisturising Conditioner. S-Curl is great as a leave-in or daily moisturiser but I would recommend their conditioner until you feel confident to try another, at least then you can get a feel for what your hair needs and whether the MC works for you!