question for all hardcore protective stylers..

How often do u take a PS break?

• once a week

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • once every two weeks

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • once a month

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • once every few months

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • once every six months

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • once a year or more

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • no breaks I PS 100% of the time.

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
I am doing hardcore protective styling until the anniversery of my BC June 2013 will be the anniversery of my big chop, and I don't want anything to stop me from having thick hair on that date.

I like wigs but am using scarves and hoping to get the same results.

Henna note: I just added henna to my routine, it was the hardest herb to add. Since I started on a healthy hair journey I have gotten my breakage to just about none. The henna immediately caused me to experience breakage; I had short C shaped curls falling out of my head, then some longer pieces came out. Now I have learned how to work with henna so I get the benefits. Be prepared to have to change your reggie for henna.

I am in Ps all the time, except on wash day. In the summer, pending the weather I might wear my hair in a washngo the day before wash day maybe 1x per month in the summer. It's just too much hair to deal with! Lol

I don't know if I count. But, I'm in twists at least 4 days out of a week, while rocking a beret. When they get ratty, I take them out for the rest of the week.

I protective style 99.9% of the time and the one time I did flat iron my hair, I still ended up doing an updo.

I like the low maintence that goes with protective styling and that I don't have to be concerned about my hair being out of place (blowing around, tangling).

It's probably anywhere from once every 4-8 weeks for me. I usually have a reason to wear my hair out- night out, vacation, wedding, etc...then I might go 1-2 weeks on braid outs and wash and goes.

Every relaxer, which are usually 3-4 months apart, I wear my hair out for a day or two. I'm under wigs or in buns 99% of the time and I get 100% retention.

I protective style 99.9% of the time and the one time I did flat iron my hair, I still ended up doing an updo.

I like the low maintence that goes with protective styling and that I don't have to be concerned about my hair being out of place (blowing around, tangling).

Exactly! Lol I hate getting hair in my eyes and all over the place from the wind

I wear it out for the entire week that I received a fresh relaxer & then hide it again until my next relaxer.

I did the same thing when I got my last relaxer week. My hair didn't know how to act, it was so happy! :grin:. I plan to cornroll it back up and cover it with a scarf Sunday. That's my workday uniform.

I PS 99% of the time and that's mainly because I'm style challenged! I will have my hair down mostly at home - if I'm out it's up.

I wear it down after I relax my hair.....for a week. So, I wear it down every 7 - 8 weeks.

In the early days of my journey I ps'ed for 90 days at a time, washed, deep conditioned and ps'ed again. Around 6 - 8 months I would check lenght then ps again. Once I hit BSL I straightened for the first time and trimmed. I wore my hair out for one week then back to ps'ing. As my hair got longer my ps'ing time got shorter. Honey I was on a mission!:grin:

Preach, lol!

Hmm good question, when I have somewhere special to go. Right now I'm a SAHM, I have an interview Monday, so I flat ironed my hair and will wear it out the rest of the week unless it rains.

I chose once a week, but to be honest I only take out my braids and deep condition for the next two days and braid it up again. I wear wigs daily with mini braids underneath and I have done so for the past year. I did try a curlformers set(too troublesome) and twists(my head is too big), but I went right back to my wigs after wearing those styles for 3 days each. I too want more length also my boss loses her damn head when she sees natural hair. So for the sake of my job and avoiding giving her the tongue lashing of a lifetime, it's wigs for me at the moment.

The max I have my hair out for is two weeks for those 2 weeks I co wash, deep condition, moisturize right after that I do a weave or braids and just keep alternating since I started my hair journey I noticed doing this helped me retention length

Back