Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
So I shared some chlorella powder (organicburst.com) w/a male friend of mine having health issues. Yesterday he said to me "Man, I have to stop using that chlorella stuff. That ish is making my hair sprout. I be like 'I just shaved my head'." He said he only uses a spoonful per smoothie and doesn't make them daily.

I cracked up and told him I would definitely share this w/the ladies on the hair forum. He made my evening. :)

Last edited:

beingofserenity

Omg, first impressions of the eden bodyworks edge control is that it's bomb! Smells good, feels good going on (all cool and refreshing) and it spreads so nicely, unlike that hard ORS crap. Don't know how well it holds but it makes my hair look moisturized. And it doesn't seem to leave a residue.

BonBon

Oh my gosh @ spray detangling with AVC. Seriously, why am I so late.

I have done the rinses after wash day though. Just not using it as a detangling aid prior to the wash.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Need to place a few hair related orders but I also have a vacation to plan/pay for and attire for a gala and a wedding to buy. I think I'll just reup on my bamboo vitamins and tea and maybe grab 2 other vitamins I've been wanting to add to my regimen. I'll be responsible... this week :look:

Smiley79

My hair is most definately a high maintenance plant. It was so dry today (i think due to a protein treatment i did a few days ago). So i decided to slap some Mielle Organics Babassou DC on my hair for 40 minutes. Cold rinse and LOC method. Now My hair feels alive again. Hydrated and back in the game.

Hair doesn't always need to follow a schedule; when it needs attention, give it what it needs.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Dunno if there's a product sighting thread but I saw this at Marshall's for 5.99 today. There are various scents.

faithVA

I'm doing a protein ttwith Aphogee 2 step. I'm glad I bought a small trial size bottle because I hate it. It's so sticky. Ugh. I made sure I used it all up tonight.

I thought by applying it in the shower I woukd be good but it's running all down my face while I'm under the dryer.

I will still k to Komaza.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I'm doing a protein tt with Aphogee 2 step. I'm glad I bought a small trial size bottle because I hate it. It's so sticky. Ugh. I made sure I used it all up tonight.

I thought by applying it in the shower I woukd be good but it's running all down my face while I'm under the dryer.

I will still k to Komaza.
I mixed the 2-Step with a protein deep conditioner because I was running out and couldn't buy more. I still sat under the dryer uncovered and my hair still got hard. It didn't run down my face either. If you ever purchase it again, you could give it a try.

imaginary

my hair was a lot easier to get into a bun after curlformers vs magnetic rollers. I hope using curlformers once a week isn't too damaging for my hair...

imaginary

hmm my hair is a lot more frizzy since I've started layered my moisturizer under my gel. Gonna go back to moisturizing at night and then using the gel in the morning.

beingofserenity

Dry shampoo will save me. I'm really committing to this infrequent washing thing, but no matter what, I can't escape the fact that my hair smells funky to me a couple days after a wash. So, I just used this dry shampoo by Tressemme and it seems to be the bomb.com as it got rid of any odor and left my hair smelling fresh as heck. I will probably use this stuff like every other day, I ain't playing. Funky hair is a no no.

Anaisin

For the first time since being natural I really regret cutting my hair. I called my self getting rid of the color. I had more than I thought and stopped short of cutting it all out. My 2 year no cutting (except trims) gone, nothing to show for it at all. I've learned my lessons: no texturizer, no keratin treatments, no light color hair, don't cut on a whim and stay away from blonde!!

I've been saying I want to cut my color but I know I'll regret it.

fasika

I've decided to get serious on this head. I've literally abandoned my hair for the past 18 months, and it shows. No, not in terms of damage or anything. I've actually just kept it bunned 90% of the time, with the other 10% being WNGs last year. But, I've neglected deep conditioning it regularly or properly, and I've only done 2 dustings in that entire time.

Result: hair that grew slowly (it was almost APL 18 months ago, and now it's only somewhere between BSL and MBL - after not using any heat and PSing 100% of the time!). Plus dullness, dryness and overall refusing to curl for WNGs.

I just ordered the Gold N Hot soft bonnet hair dryer so I can DC with heat. I haven't done that in literally years - I usually just do it in shower, and even then, very inconsistently. I also bought the SheaMoisture Manuca Honey deep conditioner.

The goal is to reach WL by the end of the year.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I texlaxed my hair two weeks ago. But I want to loosen the curl some more. I think I will just wait an extra week and stretch the curls some more.

But I really want to relax my hair, but I will regret it later.