Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
After using raw, fresh aloe gel, I am convinced the stuff sold in stores is watered-down and mixed with a gum along with a preservative.
It definitely is. We have an aloe plant that I sometimes cut to take the meat from. The mucous turns brown incredibly quickly, even in the fridge. On the other hand I have a 2 year old bottle of AVG from Butters n Bars in the fridge that's still clearish green. No way that's just aloe.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
It definitely is. We have an aloe plant that I sometimes cut to take the meat from. The mucous turns brown incredibly quickly, even in the fridge. On the other hand I have a 2 year old bottle of AVG from Butters n Bars in the fridge that's still clearish green. No way that's just aloe.
I wish they would tell the truth about the water and "other" content. Even when mine turned brown, it never lost its initial smooth sliminess, so unlike the clumpy bottled stuff.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
After using raw, fresh aloe gel, I am convinced the stuff sold in stores is watered-down and mixed with a gum along with a preservative.

Oh it definitely is.

The first time I did a skin peel and used fresh aloe, it was a game changer. I like the one in the bottle, but the fresh leaf is just really better. I prefer the leaf as a standalone for my skin or burns or when I need that fresh aloe, otherwise, I keep the bottle for other recreation.

I totally get your point. Something is added, but my guess is to make it more stable so that it doesn't turn brown. I swear my jar stinks in the fridge but I refuse to throw it out.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
There's a girl at my university who has gorgeous waist length hair that she wears in twist outs and braid outs and wash and goes. It sits a little past SL. She also experiments with color and has had blonde and red tips in the past. I was admiring her hair with one of my friends and mentioned that I wanted to dye the ends of my hair blue when it got to that length. My friend told me that she would have already done it if she were my length.

It just made me wonder if I'll ever be satisfied enough to stop and enjoy my hair. I do it for brief periods now, but ideally I want to get to the point of never having to wear twists again (even though now I can get them to be presentable).

What really bugged me was I saw the girl again at the start of this semester and her tips are the exact blue I wanted. Ah well. I have a ton of henna in my hair anyway so I probably won't dye it in the foreseeable future.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Oh it definitely is.

The first time I did a skin peel and used fresh aloe, it was a game changer. I like the one in the bottle, but the fresh leaf is just really better. I prefer the leaf as a standalone for my skin or burns or when I need that fresh aloe, otherwise, I keep the bottle for other recreation.

I totally get your point. Something is added, but my guess is to make it more stable so that it doesn't turn brown. I swear my jar stinks in the fridge but I refuse to throw it out.

I don't know if the hair hack mentioned here would help with this, but it might: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/favorite-hair-hacks.813585/#post-23975905.

(Tagging @Sharpened .)

There's a video at the post if you scroll, not that it's germane. :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Uggggghhhhh!

Apparently, SM's coconut oil line has a leave-in that may be what I need. It contains a water-soluble silicone mixed with vegetable protein. I need to try a silicone to see if that helps me with protecting my ends and retention, and that sounds like the perfect one, and that leave-in is getting very good reviews.

Y'all, I might break down and try it!!! I hope I don't!!!!!!!!

SM CEO, your behavior stinks!!!!!!!!!!! Ugggh!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Uggggghhhhh!

Apparently, SM's coconut oil line has a leave-in that may be what I need. It contains a water-soluble silicone mixed with vegetable protein. I need to try a silicone to see if that helps me with protecting my ends and retention, and that sounds like the perfect one, and that leave-in is getting very good reviews.

Y'all, I might break down and try it!!! I hope I don't!!!!!!!!

SM CEO, your behavior stinks!!!!!!!!!!! Ugggh!

Okay, I'm over it. Back to my senses. No purchase will be made.

*phew!*

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Lol! I don't understand! Please tell my why???

Exactly! Is that PERMANENT?!????

"Lawd, if it's permanent":

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Hair grease and sulphates are back in my life. Created a wet bun sealed with grease and there was absolutely NO breakage. Looks like my length retention may finally occur. I love the way my hair feels.

I've been sealing with this for a few weeks and my hair has NEVA been softer more manageable or as defined.

a3c259de-2d27-4bae-a8eb-ed906c35a929_1.67d3e931b7c3c31b1e33a5483bd37b61.jpeg

I really have to stop listening to people and do my own research o_O

ETA: And its under 2 bucks :eek:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Putrid.

There's no other word to describe the scent of the Morroccan Method Curl Power.

I never ever EVAH want to experience that scent again.

It was only on a tiny section in the back of my head. I can't IMAGINE if it were on my entire head. And the consistency was DISGUSTING.

I am so grossed out. I feel on the verge of retching, and I'm not even kidding.