Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Anticipatience08

Getting MY hair (and not my weave) done for the first time in like FOREVA tomorrow morning. I'm excited, but nervous...hope I don't have to cut off too much.

Will also have to do a proper *hair flip* while I'm at it.

Mskraizy

Why does my hair take forever and another year to dry!!? Every wash day I can almost garuntee that it'll be wet/damp for the next 4 or 5 days, sometimes even til my next wash day, it's kinda ridiculous.

I just wanna be able to do a braidout and have it be dry the next day....that's all.....thas all I'm askin. :ohwell: I may have to start blow drying my hair now but I don't want to use heat. I like airdrying it just takes too doggone long!

Victoria44

I'm not liking my braids I got installed. Too long (top of thigh) and thick, so if it's down it's overwhelming and when it's up in a bun it's way too heavy. I hope I can last 2 months though..

Super_Hero_Girl

Dumb question, but what's the difference between BSL and MBL? I googled a growth chart, is it that BSL is at the top of the brastrap and MBL is at the bottom?

I know its a silly question but I'm having a hard time visualizing a major difference. Maybe because I'm short. :p

Sent from my iPhone 9s

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Why does my hair take forever and another year to dry!!? Every wash day I can almost garuntee that it'll be wet/damp for the next 4 or 5 days, sometimes even til my next wash day, it's kinda ridiculous.

I just wanna be able to do a braidout and have it be dry the next day....that's all.....thas all I'm askin. :ohwell: I may have to start blow drying my hair now but I don't want to use heat. I like airdrying it just takes too doggone long!

How many products did you use? I discovered something awhile back , if I only use a leave in conditioner and styler ( after my wash routine) , my hair is 98% dry the next day. If I use any more products, like if I'm LCO and then styling , my hair takes multiple days to dry

naija24

Inversion
20,000mg of biotin daily
60 oz of water daily
exercise 3x a week

if i don't get an inch a month, then i don't know what to do!!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Dumb question, but what's the difference between BSL and MBL? I googled a growth chart, is it that BSL is at the top of the brastrap and MBL is at the bottom? I know its a silly question but I'm having a hard time visualizing a major difference. Maybe because I'm short. :p Sent from my iPhone 9s

It depends on the person.

On the perfect person it's about 2-3 inches. I consider BSL when the bras strap is reached, top or bottom. Once the hair get about 1 inch past the bra, depending on the height of the person, you can reach MBL. It depends on the person though.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SavannahNatural

I was already in the shower twice to rinse out the relaxer and then rinse out the protein treatment and to be honest I didn't want to get back in to do a deep conditioner so I applied a moisture conditioner to the four sections and went back to the first section and rinsed it out so it had to be only sitting in my hair like 5 minutes for each section, omg that's what I get for being freaking lazy! But then 6 days later I washed my hair and did a deep conditioner and I still find like little broken hairs, shouldn't that have done something? HanaKuroi , please help me, idk what to do, I don't need a setback! (Wipes tears) should I deep condition again and not even touch a medium protein at all this month?

Lilmama1011 do you always do a protein treatment after relaxing? Obviously I'm not relaxed any longer, but those two treatments back to back may be making your hair brittle. As was mentioned up thread your hair needs moisture. When I was relaxed I would condition after relaxing and then my first wash day afterwards I would DC as well. I would consider pushing your protein treatments back to 2-weeks after relaxer, similar to dye job recommendations. So your hair isn't overly stripped of moisture.

HTH! And good luck!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 do you always do a protein treatment after relaxing? Obviously I'm not relaxed any longer, but those two treatments back to back may be making your hair brittle. As was mentioned up thread your hair needs moisture. When I was relaxed I would condition after relaxing and then my first wash day afterwards I would DC as well. I would consider pushing your protein treatments back to 2-weeks after relaxer, similar to dye job recommendations. So your hair isn't overly stripped of moisture.

HTH! And good luck!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

SavannahNatural this is my first time doing it after relaxing , i usual do a protein treatment a week before relaxing. maybe that was it. but i haven't did a hard protein in a while. it's usually medium protein. and i was going to get a big bottle of it from komaza because i was doing so well for the first two days, i think i will stay away

Ugh these multivitamins (GNC Women's Ultra Mega) are nasty! They cost $16 so I'll finish them, but BLECH! Vitamins don't need vanilla flavoring!

Worst of all they have sucralose aka SPLENDA!

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I hate challenges that have 100 rules lol. Sometimes less is more. I wonder what happens of I break a rule :scratchch:evilbanana:

Mskraizy

How many products did you use? I discovered something awhile back , if I only use a leave in conditioner and styler ( after my wash routine) , my hair is 98% dry the next day. If I use any more products, like if I'm LCO and then styling , my hair takes multiple days to dry

I use....about 3 products. First is water, I start moisturizing on fairly wet or damp hair, then I apply my garnier leave in, and then on top of that oil.

BUT, it's probably because I am fairly heavy handed with my leave in but not really, cause one time I tried it being light with the leave in and it STILL took forever to dry.

Guess I can't be mad, though. My hair always stays soft. :look:

naija24

Irked by all these naturals trying to modify their curl pattern to fit what they think their hair should look like. I thought the basis of going natural was embracing your natural hair---curl pattern included.

These sorts of folks should NOT guilt trip ladies who relax cuz they aren't any better.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
LHCF has me looking up shampoo recipes for my dog. No sulphates for my puppy. Smh.

Don't forget the neem oil for flea control and a little coconut oil in his food for shiny coat and bright eyes :)

Anticipatience08

I know I shouldn't trip because it's for my own good, but I am a lil bummed about losing 3 1/2 inches of hair with this cut. My ends needed it, though.

HanaKuroi

hnntrr said:
I think I have really low density hair :(

I really think it is just mechanical damage from that denman. I thought the same thing, but my damage has grown out and my hair seems and looks at least twice as dense.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

hnntrr

HanaKuroi, i dont even know if its that anymore. My hair has been like a lower density even when I transitioned and BC'd. My adult life its always just been thinner (like I can't do mini twists cause even if I do 20-30 twists the twists are maybe like 1/4 in wide).

I dont know why that is. I am thinking it may be from when a stylist "thinned" my hair out when I was 15. But I dont know, its always kinda just been that way I dont think the denman helped and it is thicker that i modified it but its just I dunno.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
HanaKuroi, i dont even know if its that anymore. My hair has been like a lower density even when I transitioned and BC'd. My adult life its always just been thinner (like I can't do mini twists cause even if I do 20-30 twists the twists are maybe like 1/4 in wide).

I dont know why that is. I am thinking it may be from when a stylist "thinned" my hair out when I was 15. But I dont know, its always kinda just been that way I dont think the denman helped and it is thicker that i modified it but its just I dunno.

When your hair grows out, you won't even notice it.

HanaKuroi

hnntrr said:

Give it time. I was looking at pictures from last Christmas and my hair is so much thicker. It has taken me two years to recover. And it has taken me one year to recover from my severe nape damage.
Before that I thought my hair was low density too, but my hair started growing in thicker and curlier. I was natural but my hair started growing in thicker. I could see and feel the difference. I am not sure if it was the Mineral Rich or better hair practices (finger combing almost exclusively and no heat in a year).

If you are happy with your regimen and have found your HG products and have your protein/moisture balance figured out, then give your hair 6 months and re-evaluate. No bandwagons. You will get there!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

sounbeweavable

Being sick the past two days has forced me to steam myself silly to decongest, and I think I might just steam daily or at least a few times a week for the sake of my hair. I'll just put on my oil mix, steam for 15-30 min, and then let my hair air dry. I've been using no heat or low hear (a setting of 10 out of 40 on my flat iron), and I think doing this as well will help. I've also re-incorporated my glycerine/avocado oil spray into my morning reggie. Between this and the new vitamins, I can't wait to see the results :lick: